FiF Winter 2020

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 16 January 2020 - 18:43

S! All

FIF  2020 vision for the future.

We are transitioning to Flying Circus with the expectation that Volume 2 will be announced shortly. At this point we are in the final steps of setting the planes in such a way as to create a variety that will last through the year. Obviously two seater variety will present some difficulties. The Rules, map and objectives areas on the FiF forums is being updated over this next week. We are examining the repair rearm feature and seeing how it can be utilized within the objective of limited planes.

Flying Circus has many features besides an improved FM/DM and AI. Likewise some objects behave a bit differently. There are a few changes some are visual and some are game mechanics. During this period we will be looking for feedback on target difficulty and defense.

The map is very different. In the past we have had multiple Icons for targets and you had to know which one was active. All icons on the map are active targets. The HQ and trains are the only objectives without Icons. When targets are killed there are few to no subtitles and the target icon is removed from the map. Secondary targets are usually announced once and then have an icon placed on the map.

There is no A B map. It is all one map.   There are certain targets That are common to A  and others assigned to B.   There are several targets that are A B or C. Actually they are 1 out of 3 random:  Arty spot, General, Spy, HQ recon,  Trench recon,  Trench attack and Off road convoy.  Reserve unit and all other secondaries are 1 out of 4. The hope is for enough random that we do not need to force an actual A or B map. Every Icon on the map is a live target. The only target not on the map is the Train. In the future with better maps, the ship will not have an Icon and be moving on a river. There are no hospitals on the map. Their icons appear only when the enemy ace is dead. Same thing with secondaries. Because the A ans b maps are combined you will recognize many objects as targets. Be sure you are destroying an active target. Compare your position on the map with what you think is a target. Most targets are spread out in a specific pattern so that you should not get confused but things do happen and people get lost.

There is no FLAK fence. Machine guns run along the trenches and have large spaces between the groups. They almost reach as high as 5000 ft. So you have friendly machine guns along your own trenches. There are still some FLAK guns along the front, They act more as spotters. They are no where near as dangerous as the ROF FLAK guns.

map.thumb.jpg.d64facfd7d087ca6516b05e547

We now have 29 possible objectives. The bombing targets are easy to kill but because of the MGs protecting then, they are difficult to get away from without taking damage. With so many objectives it is hoped that bombers will have to make several trips to rearm. This should increase the opportunity for combat,  default_smile.png

The new objective  Information, mission descriptions and other info will be updated over this next week on the FiF site. We are planning for "Dry run" on 25 of January with the first official session on the first of February.

For now, the JG1 Server is running a special practice version. The mission starts at 11:45 and runs for 2 hours 15 minutes. To restart the mission you can kill a balloon at the two seater base. There is one special feature. To help people do the two seater missions there is an enemy base on the wrong side of the map. This provides air start locations so people do not spend 15 minutes just to get to the rear of the enemy area.

sig9.png

#2 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 17 January 2020 - 14:05

Still out of FC (at currently $340 is still a little salty for me). But wish a great tournament for those who will participate. Hope to be on board in a near future.

#3 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 17 January 2020 - 18:20

Still out of FC (at currently $340 is still a little salty for me). But wish a great tournament for those who will participate. Hope to be on board in a near future.

$340 for FC?  What exchange rate or black market are you dealing with here?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#4 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 17 January 2020 - 18:43

$340 for FC?  What exchange rate or black market are you dealing with here?

The use of the $ sign is not exclusive to a certain north american country.  ;)

#5 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 17 January 2020 - 18:46

The use of the $ sign is not exclusive to a certain north american country.  ;)

I know - I realize my "exchange rate" reference was not on target enough - should have asked about currency as well.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#6 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 17 January 2020 - 19:03

I know - I realize my "exchange rate" reference was not on target enough - should have asked about currency as well.

It's the Real (Brazil) 1 USD = 4.16513 BRL

#7 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 17 January 2020 - 19:09

Do we need to rearrange the teams?  Do people or squads want to swap sides?

We have a poll at the JG1 FIF Forum. Please let us know how you feel.

If you are not on a team but would like to sign up please visit the JG1 Flanders in Flames site where you will find info as well as a registration area.

Do we need to rearrange the teams?  Do people or squads want to swap sides?

We have a poll at the JG1 FIF Forum. Please let us know how you feel.

If you are not on a team but would like to sign up please visit the JG1 Flanders in Flames site where you will find info as well as a registration area.

sig9.png

#8 Lt.Vaughn

Lt.Vaughn

Posted 17 January 2020 - 19:22

Flying Circus becomes available from Steam:

On December 3, 2019, IL-2 Sturmovik, Great Battles series game Flying Circus Vol. 1 has been made available as a (DLC) downloadable content pack from Steam at $79.95 US. Steam states that Battle of Stalingrad is required as the base program at $49.99. Total = $129.98 US. (4.16BRL x $129.98 = $540.72US)

On 1C/777 webpage, www.il2sturmovik.com, FC is a standalone program available for $79.95 US. (4.16BRL x $79.99 = $332.75)

:icon_eek:

Tony Stark is my pilot.

#9 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:38

s! ALL

If you get a 1016 error when connecting to the server you may be missing a folder.

This is a file structure problem.  When using sound files may be pulled from a folder labeled "externalmedia". This was built into the RoF file structure but is missing in Il2 Great Battles. When the game tries to download files it looks for the externalmedia folder. If you do not have one you get an error.

You need to go into data/swf/externalmedia. If you do not have an externalmedia folder just create a folder inside the swf folder and name it externalmedia.

sig9.png

#10 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 18 January 2020 - 19:20

We will miss you Joker for certain, but I understand completely. I hope to have you with us ASAP.

GC

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users