Photo
- - - - -

For the life of me!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hazmat

Hazmat

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:54

I can't get a joystick to work in this game.  It's not my stick (I have an X52 pro flight controller).  Even when I unplugged the stick completely I could not get the keyboard inputs to work correctly.  Things like F4 or F1 were even screwy so something is corrupt in my install and has been since I first loaded the game from disk years ago.

Yes - I uninstalled and reinstalled the game - I even did a fresh install to another hard drive.   When I exit the game and come back to it the control settings seem to shift around.  Right now I want the player head moves to be SNAP only and they are set that way - snap right, snap back, snap left-back etc..  But when I am in the cockpit and use those controls on my Joystick it acts the view "pans" slowly right and up which I hate.  Could someone send me a set of generic controls that I could copy?

I hate to abandon this sim just for this reason not to mention that the DCS and Great Battles WW1 setups are not cheap.  Much thanks.

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:59

You probably habe double assignments. Take note of the problematic keys or commands and check they show up nowhere else than where you want them. Check engine, weapons, etc., etc.

#3 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:28

Avoid plugging your device on different usb ports (if you're unplugging them when not playing).
Also, Windows itself can sometimes change device's order, which in turn causes some mismatch on controls and this can mess things too (hence the tip above, always try to use same usb port to minimize this behavior).
As Bidu said, check if your assignments are exclusive, i.e., there's not double functions to a same key (or key combination) in the game. Fully delete and reassign the view controls and check they are working without leaving the game.

#4 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 15 January 2020 - 11:28

Double post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users