Photo
- - - - -

Please Help - been trying to get into this sim since it came out - mayday!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hazmat

Hazmat

Posted 10 January 2020 - 02:35

Got ROF when it first came out.  Could never get my hotas to synch correctly.  Waited a few years and loaded it up again - same thing.  Now I just downloaded the free version figuring it would be debugged by now....maybe it's me?

I'm running Windows 20 - plenty of ram and graphics,  Downloaded the latest Saitek X52 pro Flight controller drivers.  No problems.

In game on the settings screen my joystick does respond correctly when I am setting them up.  And yes - I DO hit Apply before I try to fly and yes they do list correctly in the input settings screen. 

Now when I jump into the cockpit SOME of the joystick settings work such as fire gun but none of the ones I set and many of the generic keyboard settings don't respond.  Also where the hell is the setting for 'Chase View"  It's supposed to be keyboard F4 but I can't find it to bind to my joystick.    Anyway - 11 years for me and still stuck in the hanger!  

I MUST be doing something wrong...or should I look into Great battles series....?

Much thanks.

- Grounded

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:43

Is that Hotas Warthog you mean? I have always had it running with no problems.

I will assume it works in other games. So I suggest you make sure there are no double assignments in the Controls tab. Also, if it still doesn't work, make a backup of the text files in the data/input (IIRC) folder and check these files, there in clear text you can read the assignments that are active.

#3 Hazmat

Hazmat

Posted 10 January 2020 - 14:22

Not Warthog but a Saitek X52 Pro.  

#4 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 10 January 2020 - 15:50

Lots of people use that

#5 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 10 January 2020 - 17:19

I'm running Windows 20 - 

There's your problem - RoF is not compatible with Windows 20.  I'd suggest either downgrading to Windows 10, or waiting a few decades until everything catches up with Windows 20.

Seriously, have you been trying to use that same Saitek stick this whole time?  Maybe it's time to try some troubleshooting with a different stick (they're pretty cheap these days), just to be sure.  Might be a good idea to unplug that X52, tell RoF to set everything back to its default settings, plug in a new stick and see if you can get things working.  

Good luck - I know problems like this can be very frustrating, so I hope you can get it figured out.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 65.jpg

#6 Hazmat

Hazmat

Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:25

Thanks - yea.  I have another cheap stick right here.  I'll try that.  What do most folks use for stick and throttle these days?

There's your problem - RoF is not compatible with Windows 20.  I'd suggest either downgrading to Windows 10, or waiting a few decades until everything catches up with Windows 20.

Seriously, have you been trying to use that same Saitek stick this whole time?  Maybe it's time to try some troubleshooting with a different stick (they're pretty cheap these days), just to be sure.  Might be a good idea to unplug that X52, tell RoF to set everything back to its default settings, plug in a new stick and see if you can get things working.  

Good luck - I know problems like this can be very frustrating, so I hope you can get it figured out.

#7 OneUFO1

OneUFO1

Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:30

Thanks - yea.  I have another cheap stick right here.  I'll try that.  What do most folks use for stick and throttle these days?

G'Day Sir

When first setting up ROF i thought i had issues with the X-52 also... but it turned out i really didn't.  The X-52 worked just fine.  The thing is, if a guy simply plugs it in... ROF will recognize it.  The problem (for me anyway) was with the Pro Flight Software and the Profiles i would build.  Unless you REALLY need three tiers of functionality, and by this i mean, multiple functions for switches and sliders, you might consider not using the software profiler at all.  This worked for me... but i'am old-skool and run ROF on Win7   i like to keep it simple. Ha!

this older post might help?

https://riseofflight...ill-not-assign/

#8 Hazmat

Hazmat

Posted 12 January 2020 - 20:06

Guys what about the setting for 'Chase View", like where the camera stay on your 6?  It's listed as a thing in some documentation but I can't find it in the actual settings.

#9 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 12 January 2020 - 20:21

Deleted...

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#10 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon
  • LocationEast Coast of the United States of America

Posted 12 January 2020 - 20:29

Do you mean when you press F4?

S! :icon_e_salute:

Spam patrol: on duty and on guard. None shall pass!

Veteran of the Great Spam War 2019-2020

#11 Hazmat

Hazmat

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:06

Do you mean when you press F4?

Yes.  So where is that in the camera view settings screen so I can set one of my Hotas hat clicks?

#12 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:53

Here it is:

Attached File  RoF - Chase camera setting.jpg   188.47KB   0 downloads

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 65.jpg

#13 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:18

I use a Thrustmaster t16000m. It works great, and its fairly cheap.

I've never used anything of higher quality then that, so i wouldn't know how it compares however I'm sure someone else can chip in their two cents here.

S!

Always remember you are unique!

Just like everyone else.

#14 Hazmat

Hazmat

Posted 13 January 2020 - 15:07

OK Thanks.  I'v come to the conclusion that something is corrupted in my install.  Even when I reset the controls to default it retains my messed up contols.  I'll try to verify my install from Steam and see if it clears up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users