Photo
- - - - -

PWCG vs Stock in game career?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Pruciak

Pruciak

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:12

A bit noob question but why is PWCG better than stock in game career? I use PWCG only to generate coop missions and wonder should I use it for single play as well. Does it generate missions better than stock game?

#2 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 01 December 2019 - 16:02

IMO Yes!

The stock career was never really completed. So limited squads and such.

PWCG (version 16) is MUCH more complete and more fun.

#3 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 03 December 2019 - 00:37

Ditto...

I'd fly PWCG over stock every day of the week, if I ever flew. It might not look so slick, but there's so much more going on.  

One great advantage is the ability to use custom skins, virtually ignored by 777/1C weirdly.  You can apply your own skins to your pilot, and your squadmates which adds much to the immersion to the single player experience.

S!

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#4 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:02

The whole career mode from RoF was one big mistake that did cost lots of efforts that better could be used to something like a better and more unpredictable AI enemy pilot. That online listings of career results, what a waste of labor.
If Jason was more clever on that point he should made that career mode offline and open for modders, by simply implementating to the mission editor and let all the modders design there own career.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#5 Pruciak

Pruciak

Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:31

Ok so I will be using PWCG ver 16 thanks Gooseh for a link to download it in another thread!

#6 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:04

Ok so I will be using PWCG ver 16 thanks Gooseh for a link to download it in another thread!

No probs. Please realise that the version I posted (originally uploaded by Panthercules) will require JSGME to install.  Shout out if you have problems.

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#7 Pruciak

Pruciak

Posted 03 December 2019 - 16:16

Ok, just played two missions in ver. 16 of PWCG. First mission - destroy a baloon. Channel map. My airfield was so close to no man's land that shells were exploding few meters near it, when I took off I saw another airfileld INSIDE the no man's land. Got to the baloon, it started to descent to the ground, I think no problem I can take it while it will be near the ground as I have done many times. Near the ground it just disappeared. Mission two - destroy some facilities near river crossing. Ok, no problem, had the sopwith pup so I loaded some HE rockets, because it can't load bombs. Never used rockets before but what the heck. When I got to the designated area there were two bridges - a road one and a railroad. Nothing else. I looked closely and spotted 3 objects uder the bridges in the water. I thought ships. To my amusement there were 3 AAA artillery INSIDE the water and were shooting at me. So please tell me why is this better than stock career :P I think I will give it a pass.

#8 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 03 December 2019 - 16:38

Think you're gonna need some mods and you can up your settings for air and ground units (as well as many other things)

Attached File  Capture.JPG   423.92KB   1 downloads

Also, there are some issues with PWCG that never got fixed (such as airfields in whacky locations) and it's abandonware now I think so unless someone is prepared to go under the hood so to speak, it'll be as it is.

I can't really help you with mods and such, I don't take to the air other than to test skins but I'm sure someone will help you out who does.

Perseverance young Padwan... :icon_e_salute:

#9 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 03 December 2019 - 16:44

It can be a hoot....look

Attached File  post me.jpg   848.58KB   0 downloads

#10 Pruciak

Pruciak

Posted 03 December 2019 - 17:43

I'm allready using all suggested mods for PWCG: troops, buildings, ships etc. Also I think that increasing unit density won't fix objective units that I'm supposed to destroy from not spawning at all or spawning into water.

#11 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:37

I'm allready using all suggested mods for PWCG: troops, buildings, ships etc. Also I think that increasing unit density won't fix objective units that I'm supposed to destroy from not spawning at all or spawning into water.

Sometimes the Channel map can be a bit precocious.  Move south young man!

#12 Pruciak

Pruciak

Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:41

Sometimes the Channel map can be a bit precocious. Move south young man!

Will try that sir! Thanks for the help guys :)

#13 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:35

I don't think PWCG is abandonware. I believe he was working in the common WW1/WW2 version.

#14 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 04 December 2019 - 13:53

I don't think PWCG is abandonware. I believe he was working in the common WW1/WW2 version.

Well,it's been a while!

#15 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 04 December 2019 - 16:21

Yep, don't think 16.3.1 will be getting any love anytime soon. FC version is up and running but where ROF fits into that is anyone's guess.

#16 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 04 December 2019 - 20:00

PWCG works across all IL2 Great Battles series, Inc FC. Don't be so quick to dismiss an awesome software achievement. It will continue to contribute hugely to the sim. Salute

#17 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:54

PWCG works across all IL2 Great Battles series, Inc FC. Don't be so quick to dismiss an awesome software achievement. It will continue to contribute hugely to the sim. Salute

You missed the point here.

PWCG version 3.whatever (and up) was a step back for RoF despite what it did for GB.  I dismiss it - for RoF (as compared to 16.1) - because it broke some stuff for RoF trying to be cover both sim lines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users