- - - - -

I've put this off a While-But Still Curious

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RagWing1505

RagWing1505
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:04

When we received the "Due to Changes in the Privacy Policy-Please Update the Game" prompt & did so, did everyones' "Update" button no longer function to the point of shutting down the "Launch Screen"? I was hoping it wasn't another "cull"... Although I know that we're all of us sort of living on borrowed time while we're here & participating in multiplayer/career modes of play, I understand that "Flying Circus" is to be the next step from ROF, but my inability to play multiplayer (due to satellite latency-therefore high ping) prevents me from communique from the "Active" portion of this wonderful "almost a sim" in obtaining knowledge toward this end... Replies/Clarity? Thanx for your response in advance.     Sincerely, Ragwing1505

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:57

If it diesn't Update, it is already updated. Quitting the launch screen is just a feature (i.e. too advanced to be called a bug).

#3 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 15 November 2019 - 15:24

You can find the update launcher in the game files I think under update.exe. It will have the old circular icon.

That will bring up the launcher page but there are no updates. This was an effect of the last update in 2018.

#4 pasao

pasao

Posted 15 November 2019 - 19:24

If I remember well, last update was in may 2018 due Personal Data Protection new rule in Europe. At this moment the launcher was modified and it needs MS Visual C++ common libraries 2008, until then only VC 2005 are needed.

The lack of them was the autoclose of launcher

So what you need is vcredist_2008_x86.exe

You can find it at : https://www.microsof...ails.aspx?id=29

I hope it helps you

#5 RagWing1505

RagWing1505
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 16 November 2019 - 12:33

Thanx to all for the clarity, I thought that maybe the last update might have broken something while fixing another (as some Windows updates so often do   :( )… Thank you for the replies!

#6 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 18 November 2019 - 08:50

I find this so ridiculous that Jason&Co only comes here to publish a sale, but neglect such a thing as this update fix.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#7 OneUFO1

OneUFO1

Posted 28 December 2019 - 19:36

we have an older Win7 PC dedicated to ROF jst for playing Campaigns OffLine.  it works sooo well i thought it prudent to "not take chances" and have stopped logging in OnLine months ago (stopped updating).   If it aint broke dont fix it.   Flying Circus is the future, but this way, i can live in the past AND the future. Ha.

#8 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 28 December 2019 - 23:13

[...] i can live in the past AND the future. Ha.

You could have, but presently you will not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users