Photo
- - - - -

Saitek X52 settings

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TheReverend

TheReverend

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:43

I use an Saitek X52 controller for the game. I have all of my settings pretty much where I like them but I want to get into online playing. I've noticed that most of the rooms are set up for manual fuel mixture & radiator. What are the best buttons/dials for these controls?

thanks in advance,
Rev

#2 Butch_Nackley

Butch_Nackley

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:50

Hi

I'm using a X45 and have Mixture on the top knob on the throttle and Radiator on the one on the side knob of the throttle. Works well for me like that.
They are both set so that pushing them (turning them clockwise as viewed from behind) with my thumb opens radiator and gives full mixture.

#3 TheReverend

TheReverend

Posted 17 December 2009 - 05:23

That's what I was thinking of using. I normally use them as trim in WWII sims so it seems natural. thanks for the input, It'll take some getting used to but so has leading shots at 50 MPH instead of 150.

thanks,
Rev

#4 Emmer

Emmer

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:43

Hi

I'm using a X45 and have Mixture on the top knob on the throttle and Radiator on the one on the side knob of the throttle. Works well for me like that.
They are both set so that pushing them (turning them clockwise as viewed from behind) with my thumb opens radiator and gives full mixture.

I have the same setup, works perfect.You can adjust them just the way you want it to.

#5 Mac

Mac

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:32

Hi i'm using the saitek x52 also,and my flight controller works great in IL-2,but when i use it in ROF,I have to apply forward pressure on the stick to keep the pitch of the airplane level,especially on the Fokker Dr1 and the Sopwith Camel.The Sopwith Camel,i can hardly dogfight in,if i crank a turn to hard,a-lot of times i spin out of control and crash to the ground???Is there a profile i need i wonder? or do i set up the proper curves in responses,does the x52 need curves for pitch,roll and yaw?.Is it the flight models? anyways this has got me confused,i should not have to keep applying forward pressure on my stick to keep the pitch of the airplane level. :xAny suggestions would be great thanks.like i said when i let go of my stick the nose of the airplane goes up.

#6 =MFC=Gunloon

=MFC=Gunloon

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:38

Hi i'm using the saitek x52 also,and my flight controller works great in IL-2,but when i use it in ROF,I have to apply forward pressure on the stick to keep the pitch of the airplane level,especially on the Fokker Dr1 and the Sopwith Camel.The Sopwith Camel,i can hardly dogfight in,if i crank a turn to hard,a-lot of times i spin out of control and crash to the ground???Is there a profile i need i wonder? or do i set up the proper curves in responses,does the x52 need curves for pitch,roll and yaw?.Is it the flight models? anyways this has got me confused,i should not have to keep applying forward pressure on my stick to keep the pitch of the airplane level. :xAny suggestions would be great thanks.like i said when i let go of my stick the nose of the airplane goes up.

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5144&start=0&hilit=pitch+trim

#7 bradleydog62

bradleydog62
  • LocationAllen, TEXAS

Posted 16 June 2011 - 14:14

I followed the direction above and when it came to nameing the new setting I used the joyO_axis_Y..I noticed thrustmaster for file name..I am using x52 pro and defaulted to original file name..I also see I should have used a zero. I am 5 days new to ROF and do not like the pitch setting for my SE5a. Please give me a name to use for the file. Many thanks, John

#8 jimcarrel

jimcarrel

Posted 16 June 2011 - 19:21

Use any name you want to. You can name it with your planes name, or your pet poodles name.
Its always good to save it as something other than the default names. those default profiles get overwritten win there is an update.

#9 bradleydog62

bradleydog62
  • LocationAllen, TEXAS

Posted 16 June 2011 - 20:57

Thanks, Jim. I did as you suggested, it worked, and my SE 5a flies much better. I am very impressed with excellent crafting the wizards have done. I am really a history buff and wanted to experience the books I read. 777 is to be congratulated and thanked for thier wonderful sim. Cheers, John

#10 plau011

plau011

Posted 05 December 2012 - 15:25

Hi all,
I just got the game and am in the process of getting everything setup. I too have a Saitek x52, and TrackIR. I was wondering what you all use for zooming. I was thinking of one of the hat buttons, but then I am thinking the slider on the throttle.
I saw the link on setting up zooming with TrackIR, but I have a feeling it would be weird to lean forward and back all the time to zoom. Didn't really want to go down that road.

Thanks for your help in advance!

#11 thx1138

thx1138

Posted 05 December 2012 - 16:01

Hi all,
I just got the game and am in the process of getting everything setup. I too have a Saitek x52, and TrackIR. I was wondering what you all use for zooming. I was thinking of one of the hat buttons, but then I am thinking the slider on the throttle.
I saw the link on setting up zooming with TrackIR, but I have a feeling it would be weird to lean forward and back all the time to zoom. Didn't really want to go down that road.

Hi.

I gave up on my Saiteks and went CH all the way.

That said, I'd map a button on your joystick for zooming in and out and use that. It's what I did with my Saitek X 45 and now with my CH Fighterstick. Make sure you make it a button (s) that doesn't make your hand shift on the stick while flying. You can still "zoom in" a little closer with your Trackir.

Also, the CH fighterstick has both elevator and aileron trim wheels, and I do use them when switching between different planes.

#12 flapping-brown

flapping-brown

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:32

i had an x52 and used buttons for zoom , changed to a 16000m stick [cheaper] still hall effect sensors …works well in sims i feel. i use the 2 buttons either side of hat switch to zoom in and out
flapping brown

#13 BlackSnake9

BlackSnake9

Posted 29 January 2013 - 23:10

Hi all,

The Slider on the x52 throttle is the perfect head zoom location. Try it and I bet your love it there. By the way my mixture is on the top throttle wheel and Rad is on the side throttle wheel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users