Photo
- - - - -

Unable to create career

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 iricund

iricund

Posted 21 October 2019 - 14:11

I'm unable to start a new career.   Everything was working fine this morning - however this afternoon there seems to be a corruption (I guess server side?).   All my careers have vanished - and whenever I try and save a new pilot (selecting nation/squadron/timeframe all work as intended) an error is thrown up saying a new Career can't be saved.   

Would someone be able to assist?

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 21 October 2019 - 17:44

Are you sure you are starting the game online, not offline? And did you change anything in your computer?

#3 britrinitoby

britrinitoby

Posted 05 November 2019 - 13:49

im also having this isue. the game has all my aircraft all registered but the account is old enough that it is associated with my old pre steam game )i have the asteam version) ive activated the new aircraft throguhg the website and they show up so i know its not an internet issue any ideas?

#4 DJK

DJK

Posted 13 November 2019 - 14:12

i have the same issue. i am trying to create a career but i get an error as well. as posted by the other players. i have not done any of the campaignes, will this be the issue?

#5 iricund

iricund

Posted 14 November 2019 - 13:27

Fixed itself from last month - and now back again.   In my case I'm online, and nothing has changed in terms of my setup.   Appears to be something server side.

#6 nightmare33

nightmare33

Posted 14 November 2019 - 14:09

I have an on going career that would not proceed to the next day: cr2ErrorHeader_CAREER/NEXTD. I had a problem similar to this a few weeks ago, and it just went away. Yes, it is a server issue, I believe.

#7 nightmare33

nightmare33

Posted 14 November 2019 - 14:16

Went into Steam revalidated my files, one file was replaced, but getting the same error. Must be at the server.

#8 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 14 November 2019 - 20:36

There is an old thread with the same problem: https://riseofflight...reernextday-19/

#9 nightmare33

nightmare33

Posted 15 November 2019 - 13:26

Today, for the current career I get message can't update the mission, and can't start a new career. Any answer to this?

#10 ChopUK

ChopUK

Posted 15 November 2019 - 14:03

I'm getting the same issues too.

#11 Pruciak

Pruciak

Posted 24 November 2019 - 14:02

Trying to create a flexistowe career - can't create career error. Earlier did a mission in nieuport french careen and it couldn't save the results. Is this a server issue?

#12 john_howard

john_howard

Posted 09 January 2020 - 15:32

And me!.  got 1 pilot up in the air, then finished the mission and  'can't update career'.

then I try some other pilots and I keep getting 'can't load career'. some saves are over 5 years old.

I'll be pissed off if I've lost them..

This post was put up in October and still no answers.

Don't the techie people look at these posts anymore?.

Or could it be a stealth way to get us moving over to flying circus.

But a solution after all this time would be good....

#13 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 10 January 2020 - 08:36

Server was probably unavailable. Can you try again?

#14 =IRFC=Vasco

=IRFC=Vasco

Posted 19 February 2020 - 13:44

This is still a problem in February 2020. If 777 is not going to fix whatever's wrong with their server, perhaps allowing careers in offline mode should be examined. This really is beyond the pale.

#15 Flying_Falcon

Flying_Falcon
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 February 2020 - 16:07

Sometimes the problem is that the internet connection blips and it can't save it.

S! :icon_e_salute:

Spam patrol: on duty and on guard. None shall pass!

Veteran of the Great Spam War 2019-2020 

#16 Gouranga

Gouranga

Posted 04 March 2020 - 13:49

4th of March 2020, same problem, is there an alternative? The career mode is the reason I spent so much money buying these planes, it's well over 100$, I feared a moment just like this one the moment I realized I needed to sign "online" to play career. Is there any way of playing career now? I'm not looking for an alternative like a mission creator, more like a pre-written server reply that will make the game believe it's all fine and well.

I believe it's time to take the game into our own hands now seeing as the creators gave up on it, it's only a matter of time before the servers (and this forum) shuts down, I don't think the old hacks from 2008 would still work today, it would be nice for someone to figure it out, if not to make client-side career mode work, only to make "online" mode work.

Something like BMS for Falcon 4.

#17 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 04 March 2020 - 19:40

I know this won't make you feel better, but I just went in and tried it and everything worked fine - started a mission from a previously-saved career, and also started a new career and started a mission in it too.  Not sure what the problem is that people are having - guess it could be some sort of intermittent server issue, or maybe something wrong with the client side installs.  If you're having this problem and haven't done an update and recovery lately, you should try that first.  Then, if the problem persists, make sure you can play other types of missions and maybe some MP, just to make sure the other aspects of the game are working correctly.

And of course, PWCG is always an option.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#18 Gouranga

Gouranga

Posted 06 April 2020 - 15:19

And of course, PWCG is always an option.

Sorry for the late reply, the problem is making a career, I'm guessing because everything is kept on online servers. Everything else works, but creating a (1916) career is not working at all. If you wish to troubleshoot the issue I can go into more details, I assumed the game was abandoned by now. I'll be very happy to be proven wrong.

My main fear with PWCG was that the photo reconnaissance system wouldn't work, and neither would artillery missions, and I was partially right, but recently I was positively surprised to get the camera functions when the flight lead was AI.

Still, once the mission is done, you won't get to see the resulting image appear in an in-game window like the good old days, but flying at 4,000 meters, with individually numerated aircraft is refreshing, it's starting to grow on me.
No hope of convincing my friends to buy Rise of Flight anymore though, which is a huge shame, and I can't settle with it. I can't see any of my friends who are wanting to improve their flying skills (trying to bridge the gap between War Thunder and DCS World) to 1: Pay for the game, 2: Pay for whatever plane I suggest to them, 3: Download PWCG, 4: Hunt down 10 downloads across the internet, 5: accept the fact that there's still going to be errors in the game. 6: Understand and tweak the 9 pages of configuration to their graphical limitations and preferences.

If the only way to salvage this game is to have an offline mod like PWCG then maybe the focus would be to make it usable for newcomers, like how I was introduced to Falcon 4 via BMS 4.32

I kept thinking about it, and the reason why career mode isn't working is because the data is stored on an online server, unless they decide to give us that data, there's no way to reverse-engineer it. That's the conclusion I came to.

#19 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 06 April 2020 - 18:53

No hope of convincing my friends to buy Rise of Flight anymore though, which is a huge shame, and I can't settle with it. I can't see any of my friends who are wanting to improve their flying skills (trying to bridge the gap between War Thunder and DCS World) to 1: Pay for the game, 2: Pay for whatever plane I suggest to them, 3: Download PWCG, 4: Hunt down 10 downloads across the internet, 5: accept the fact that there's still going to be errors in the game. 6: Understand and tweak the 9 pages of configuration to their graphical limitations and preferences.

Your friends don't need to buy ROF, it's a free download with 3 free planes. Additional planes are currently all under $2.

https://riseofflight.com/download/

Sadly yes, ROF was never finished, nor was PWCG. It'll always be a bit of a mess, There's a new game out called IL2 Flying Circus so we can all look forward to that being a bit of a mess and not getting finished too..

If what you're wanting to do is have co-op missions with your friends (?) then I'm pretty sure PWCG can handle that and since it's a freebie there's no harm in trying. I would go for PWCG v16.3.1 rather than unified versions for the BoX engine.

I'm sure one of the old hands in the PWCG sub forum will be able to help you out if you ask.

S!

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#20 Gouranga

Gouranga

Posted 06 April 2020 - 23:51

Your friends don't need to buy ROF, it's a free download with 3 free planes. Additional planes are currently all under $2.

Sadly yes, ROF was never finished

Now now I wouldn't criticize ROF's vanilla content, I actually think it is finished, it's an amazing game, with graphics that won't get old for a long while, and game mechanics that are still setting the standard today, the only issue being the DRM, which makes the career mode, the most enticing mode, unavailable.

As for the price, I have to apologize, I was caught up in being dramatic about it, I forgot that ROF is a free game. Neoqb were amazing overlords. Still, I'm hoping career mode becomes offline before (1C Game Studios?) pulls the plug. Offline or not, someone's still gonna make money because I certainly won't stop talking about it.

As for IL2, I'm going to be kind to the people who recycled ROF to re-sell it at an absurd price and say kindly that I do not support their endeavors.

#21 Kalaluth

Kalaluth

Posted 11 April 2020 - 13:58

Having finshed a career (by death of the pilot), I want to delete this and create another one. 

When I click on <DELETE> the game is looping and never deleting the old one. After 2 minutes, I stopped and restarted the PC.

When I want to create another one (German) without deleting the former one (British), using another pilot name, the game answer is "ERROR - Can't create the carrer"...

:icon_e_sad: 

#22 Kalaluth

Kalaluth

Posted 11 April 2020 - 14:56

I solved it. I reinstaled the game through Steam, logged-on with usual credits. The older carrer was deleted and the new one was created twice. I eleted the double entry.

Then I went back to the installation without steam (not to lose all my settings). It works.

I should probably be better to play with steam and de-install the original ROF, be before, I'd like to move my setting files (not to have to re-entry it from dash).

In wich file(s) are the user settings stored?

#23 Fiachdubh

Fiachdubh

Posted 19 April 2020 - 14:18

Tried getting back into the game after several years only to find cannot start a career. If I try deleting or continuing the (presumably default) career I get the eternally spinning ballerina statue. The game is clearly abandoned as the company have moved on to Flying Circus so the career should have been made available offline. Next time the developers try flogging this abandonware in a sale try giving it an overhaul first and release it with a purely offline capability.

EDIT: Fixed. Under the Network tab in setup I set the incoming and outgoing traffic limits to 10 mb/s (up from 1 mb/s) and careers now work fine. Maybe a coincidence and some problem on the server side resolved itself in the last 5 minutes but give it a try if having same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users