Photo
- - - - -

How long have you lasted on the Western Front? (Longest Career)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lagantd1

lagantd1

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:44

Hello guys I know similar topics have been started but they are old and I would like to see an updated version.

I've been playing RoF for 3 years on and off now and have had many careers.

My most recent was RFC No. 29 Sq. in 1916 and ended after 3 days and 4 kills in my DH2 after crashing in a head-on pass with a Halberstadt D.II.

My current career is RFC No. 46 Sq. in 1917 and has been going strong after a week in a Sopwith Pup. (hope he makes it to Armistice this time)

Longest career I have ever had lasted a month with No. 46 in a Sopwith Camel until he unfortunately perished after pulling out of a dive on a balloon too sharply and stalled. Poor chap had 15 kills.

So, as per the title. What was the longest career you have ever had? Have you ever made it to Armistice starting from 1916?

I only play Dead-is-Dead.

#2 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:11

Started one years ago. Still alive with 92 kills. Start was in Sept 1916 with Eindecker. Currently in late March 1917, just transitioned to Alb DIII (Jasta 6)

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 20 October 2019 - 14:38

Personally I think it all depends on what period you flying, as an sample off my experience, flying the DH2 agains Halberstadt/Albatros planes and always on enemy ground, 2weeks max. Same flying german 2seater in the late war period, as soon as the Spad13 and/or Camel/Se5 crosses my flight, I can only hope for being on the right site of the trenches.
While flying the Fee in the Fokker EIII period, this will last very long, until I finally meet mr Albatros with his scythe.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 21 October 2019 - 14:31

I don't remember how long my longest made it; only that a freak flak burst got him.

#5 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 21 October 2019 - 17:35

Started one years ago. Still alive with 92 kills. Start was in Sept 1916 with Eindecker. Currently in late March 1917, just transitioned to Alb DIII (Jasta 6)

Wow, good job.

#6 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:57

Had one PWCG pilot that was doing quite well...started out in January 1916 (I think it was) on Eindeckers and flew right through to Fokker D.VIIs, flying just about every Hun scout in between. Had made it up to 'Black September' 1918....and then my computer died and the career was wiped  :lol:

Also had a pilot that started out in 1916 with the Lafayette Escadrille, flying N11s, and continued right on to the 103d Aero Squadron...that pilot was lost after a game-crash over enemy lines ruled it as a capture!!! 

Not had the best luck with campaigns!! 

4qqm3Za.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#7 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 24 October 2019 - 17:25

Wow.

My careers have always been moderately short. After a while, even if I'd been lucky, I was detached to one of those "strafe the artillery battery behind enemy lines" and ciao baby.

#8 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 24 October 2019 - 19:27

Mine went between 2 rigs.  Just need not to delete the profile you started it with. Btw my career was on 1.0 settings so not that impressive. Was wounded and shot down multiple times but was always able to float my plane back to Hunland.

#9 Swordthrower

Swordthrower

Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:04

I've been searching this forum for about 30 minutes now trying to answer a question about PWCG, and this thread seems pretty close topic wise so here goes:

Does anyone that uses 16.x.x know if the generator itself will recognize you as dead?  I have option 4 set for max wound (death) and have always had to "manually" finish my career when I was killed, because PWCG converted it to serious wound instead.

In the interest of answering OP my longest stint in the vanilla dynamic campaign on the WF is 43 days in a Nieuport 17.  (April 17) I'm a bit aggressive, to a fault.

#10 lagantd1

lagantd1

Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:39

Awesome, good to see people posting.

I made another No. 29 Squadron campaign after making this post in the Airco DH2 starting in October 1916.

He made it to December 25th 1916 with 14 kills a promotion to 2nd Lt. and a Croix De Guerre with 2 Bronze palms. Flak got him as I was diving on a balloon... I was so pissed. :( but this game is so much fun, continuing my No. 46 Career now with Sopwith Pup. :)

#11 Swordthrower

Swordthrower

Posted 01 November 2019 - 21:09

I got Pat Wilson's Unified and turns out DiD works in that version.  (It's generally great.)  I think I will fly to survive and see how long I can make it for a change.  Might just fly "cover" on any mission involving AAA, due to its inevitable lethality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users