Photo
- - - - -

Recover mods and aircraft from old install

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Major_Danger

Major_Danger

Posted 17 October 2019 - 18:54

I just reinstalled ROF onto a new computer. Now I want to install the many mods and aircraft I purchased a couple years ago. I did save the game folder from the old computer and I have the Jones installer. I don't see a way to download already owned files from the website so I probably have to copy files from the old install if possible, but I'm not sure where they're located. Help.

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 17 October 2019 - 20:23

What you need to do is download the game from https://riseofflight.com/download/ and after installation is complete press the "Update" button on the splash screen to make sure you have the very latest update.

Provided that you have your account credentials (i.e. user and password), when you log in every plane and mod you ever possessed will be there. The game knows which items are associated with your account.

Of course you will need to reconfigure controls, etc. Theoretically you could use a couple of your backed up files (specifically the controls and responses files) to restore those configurations by just copying those two old files over the freshly installed ones, but your USB device ids have surely changed, so just forget about that and do it manually.

Good luck and tell us how it went!

#3 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 17 October 2019 - 23:48

Just to clarify, when J2_Bidu says "every plane and mod you ever possessed will be there" he's talking about all the DLC/content you bought before, e.g., planes (including their official weapons mods or field mods), maps, campaigns etc. 

Any user-created mods (like the kind you would have installed before using JSGME) won't be there unless you still have the old copies or D/L new ones and put them in your MODS folder and activate them with JSGME.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 58.jpg

#4 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 18 October 2019 - 17:10

Exactly!

#5 Major_Danger

Major_Danger

Posted 21 October 2019 - 23:11

Yep, that worked. It turns out I did indeed have my purchases waiting for me in the server's cloud, even after these couple years. I thought I'd lost my mods but it was just the 3rd party skins that were missing. Fortunately, I had them backed up elsewhere. Now when I go down in flames as I struggle to relearn the keyboard and flying, I'll look good doing it.

Thank you all for the help!!

#6 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:25

Glad to help!

Also, have you checked the new Flying Circus game already?

#7 franco_poloni

franco_poloni

Posted 25 October 2019 - 13:00

What you need to do is download the game from https://riseofflight.com/download/ and after installation is complete press the "Update" button on the splash screen to make sure you have the very latest update.

Provided that you have your account credentials (i.e. user and password), when you log in every plane and mod you ever possessed will be there. The game knows which items are associated with your account.

Of course you will need to reconfigure controls, etc. Theoretically you could use a couple of your backed up files (specifically the controls and responses files) to restore those configurations by just copying those two old files over the freshly installed ones, but your USB device ids have surely changed, so just forget about that and do it manually.

Good luck and tell us how it went!

Hi. where are stored the controls and response files that you suggest to back up? I will probably have to do a fresh reistall, so I would like to back up them to avoid a manual configuration... thanks

#8 Kelp44

Kelp44
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 25 October 2019 - 14:17

ROF/data/input :icon_e_salute:

In the data/LulaScript folder you'll find the snapviews, you'll want to backup those to ;

I remember having a backup of those 2 and just copy pasting them over entirely with overwrite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users