Photo
- - - - -

Gooseh wondered how RoF skins would look in Flying Circus

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 15 October 2019 - 22:06

So I uploaded a couple of his custom skins and tested.

And the answer is;

- A bit dark

- But not to shabby

Attached Files

#2 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 15 October 2019 - 22:28

Hmmm....sent you a PM. But it's not as bad as I thought sport!

Cheers!

#3 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 19 October 2019 - 13:27

OK, here is set #2 and = MUCH improved.  I see NO issues with these.

Attached Files

#4 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 19 October 2019 - 15:28

Hmmm,

Yes better. Oddly they look very matt, but certain areas look really glossy? Look at the reflection of the cross in the Albatros tail!  The colours could do with some more also intensity I think. 

I will have another look and see what I can do.

#5 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 22 October 2019 - 23:18

Third times the charm as these are great!!

Attached Files

#6 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:37

Well colourise I think they look pretty good good, I can see some major misalignments on your bear, and the N on the J15 speckled affair and that ugly black stripe on the nose section though. So as an experiment I'll call that a draw! Back to the drawing board!

#7 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:20

Well colourise I think they look pretty good good, I can see some major misalignments on your bear, and the N on the J15 speckled affair and that ugly black stripe on the nose section though. So as an experiment I'll call that a draw! Back to the drawing board!

The devil's in the details.

#8 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 26 October 2019 - 13:23

Fourth round now posted.  You like 'em?

Attached Files

#9 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 26 October 2019 - 14:28

Yes, better eh? Look more convincing. Perhaps a little on the dark side but that's easily fixed.

There's something weird going on on the nose though? That horrible black stripe and what looks like a split too.

I'll have a look at them in ROF see if I can figure that out.

Once again, many thanks!

#10 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:39

Unfortunately the little notch in the nose (red) is part of all ROF .dds files, it's a bit that doesn't appear in ROF, but does in FC. Since there's no simple way to edit that out any production line of ROF skins for FC is a  bit of a non starter!

The chunky black line (green) is a bit of 'extra detailing' the Russian Design Bureau have added to the FC template/3d model, amongst some other weird additions/subtractions they have chosen to do.

Pity.

Attached File  BAH.JPG   394.75KB   1 downloads 

#11 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 02 November 2019 - 13:45

OK next round.  First 3 are skin #1 and second 3 are skin #2:

Attached Files

#12 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 02 November 2019 - 14:39

Hmm, still a little dark, and there are several oddities that have been added to the FC template, and bits that have been removed...I have no idea why?

Anyway, I'll maybe do some skins as and when I get the game....if I ever do..

S! & thanks again.  

#13 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 05 November 2019 - 23:40

More screenies for Gooseh from his latest batch:

Attached Files

#14 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 12 November 2019 - 16:47

Hey GooseH!

Here's some pics of your Voss skin in FC1.  Nice!

Cowl.  Looks like it was dark green / brown / gray or something like that.  But he was flying a salvaged enemy engine he had recently added to the plane.  Maybe he painted the cowl and caps at that time?  Unknown.

I think the yellow is okay but most pics I've seen lead me to think the cowl and caps were a dark color; not yellow.

If you want to do another with dark cowl and caps, I'll test fly it for you and get back with some pics.  

Good work as always, though.  Thank you!   

Prosit!Attached File  WV2.jpg   56.47KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WV1.jpg   58.46KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WV3.jpg   57.54KB   0 downloadsAttached File  WV4.jpg   64.6KB   0 downloads

#15 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:40

I found this on the forum.  Could I get a skin along these color lines please?

Basically, it could be like the one you already did but with the green cowl and caps instead of yellow.

Prosit!  

Attached Files

#16 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:48

I found this on the forum.  Could I get a skin along these color lines please?

Basically, it could be like the one you already did but with the green cowl and caps instead of yellow.

Prosit!  

I daresay I can sport.

S!

#17 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 13 November 2019 - 13:52

Great Work!  Take a look!  Files are too large for more than one here.  Check my blog.

https://www.facebook...admin_todo_tour

Attached Files

#18 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 13 November 2019 - 14:27

Great Work!  Take a look!  Files are too large for more than one here.  Check my blog.

https://www.facebook...admin_todo_tour

Ha! cool...

Are you flying that thing in there or is it just floating? Doesn't look too bad though.. a tweak here and there and wing skids could come off also.

As regards the yellow I'm not convinced...and the decades of discussion about it, well, you don't want to go there do you? That way madness lies..

FI 103/17 with Voss (?) in the cockpit. Dark nose and wheels. 

Attached File  voss.jpg   105.81KB   0 downloads

Yellow does appear dark in these old photos it's true, and you could argue that they could have been painted as the wheels don't have the 'usual' Fokker style paint job seen here on a later model 581/17

Attached File  Fokker Dr1 581_17.jpg   78.08KB   0 downloads

But then neither does FI 102/17 delivered to MvR/LvR at the same time as Voss got his and smashed into the mud 2 weeks later by Kurt Wolff.

Attached File  102_17 LvR.JPG   185.33KB   1 downloads

As for the silver/blue whatever colour it was supposed to be..who knows. You can have it any colour you want! I'm not entertaining a yellow rudder though!

Blog looks good sport!

S!

#19 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 13 November 2019 - 15:29

Yep!  Saw the Devs had just uploaded an aerodrome and had to fly through it.    :icon_lol:

About the colors: I've never seen a photo where the cowl or covers looked yellow instead of green. 

102 and 103 both originally had dark side panels under the horstabs aft of the cross.

In the top picture we no longer see those dark panels; there's two shades of relatively light vertical streaking that fades into a darker color on the forward fuselage and carries over to the cowl and covers.  I believe that color is, for lack of a simpler term, somewhere along the order of common olive drab.

I can try to colorize that top image but I already know it will be spot-on to your green-cowled skin.  I think you nailed it.

And I hear ya about the skids; but I ain't Werner Voss.  I'll keep my axe-handles, please.  Thank you.   :icon_e_salute:

ADDIT: About that middle picture: look at the crud on the tires.  That could be mud or something on the inner part of the cover but the outer part is that same dark shade.  Green.  The cowling looks dark.  I think any "brightness" or "lightness" were seeing there is a product of the original photo being enhanced in terms of contrast and brightness, too.  I don't see a light paint job there; I see a dark one.

No, I am convinced that top pic is the way it looked in its final stage and if that photo were colorized it would match both eyewitness descriptions of the plane and the way your FC skin looks, as well.  kudos!

#20 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 13 November 2019 - 16:03

Yep!  Saw the Devs had just uploaded an aerodrome and had to fly through it.    :icon_lol:

About the colors: I've never seen a photo where the cowl or covers looked yellow instead of green. 

Bear in mind how dark grey (unyellow) yellow looks in old photos. Jasta 10's chrome yellow was well documented and appears very dark on photos, I have one somewhere but I can't find it.

Jasta 56 also used a deep yellow on their noses

Attached File  56 2.JPG   90.1KB   1 downloads

That looks like this...

Attached File  J56.JPG   230.91KB   1 downloads

Be that as it may, I'm still going for green!

#21 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 13 November 2019 - 16:16

Captured Pfalz D3 1370/17, from Jasta 10 (and depending on who you believe possibly Voss's own aircraft flown by Hetz after his death...yada yada yadda) but anyway....

Attached File  windsock_winter_2016_v32-4_page_16.jpg   316.1KB   1 downloads Attached File  Pfalz DIII no1370_17_c.jpg   53.97KB   2 downloads Attached File  Pfalz DIII no1370_17_a.jpg   104.46KB   1 downloads

#22 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted Yesterday, 13:23

Check out how this skin looks at the J5 Flugpark.  The light is at dawn.  I think the colors look right.  No "shadow" problem.  Maybe it's not the template; maybe it has to do with how much power the server has, or something like that?

Attached File  DAWN DR1 AT J5 FP.jpg   82.79KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users