Flanders in Flames Fall Campaign 2019.

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#81 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:01

sure I can comment.  You are lying.

There is no point in talking to you ... Chat with your reflection in the mirror, boy. Our commander said everything, and I agree with him
https://forum.il2stu...vent-community/
Goodbye, I will not reply to your messages anymore.

#82 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:03

I'll ask again. Why the absolute silence for 6 months?

Because, like me, they have come to have complete and utter contempt for you.  

But I’m just guessing.  Maybe it’s just because nothing has changed.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Knalp!

#83 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:04

I'll ask again. Why the absolute silence for 6 months?

This dude doesn't know anything about the situation with FC and just came here to chat.

#84 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:04

There is no point in talking to you ... Chat with your reflection in the mirror, boy. Our commander said everything, and I agree with him
https://forum.il2stu...vent-community/
Goodbye, I will not reply to your messages anymore.

Not a big loss.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Knalp!

#85 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:07

This dude doesn't know anything about the situation with FC and just came here to chat.

I spent 28 years in software development.  I actually have a pretty good idea what is going on.  Also, I’m not insane.  Which is a big issue for a lot of people who don’t understand why they haven’t announced FC2 yet.

Free Knalp!

#86 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:20

Because, like me, they have come to have complete and utter contempt for you.  

But I’m just guessing.  Maybe it’s just because nothing has changed.

Lol. Settle down. So you have no idea why Jason has not responded to any question about FC for 6 months (or maybe more. I can't remember it's been so long)? He responds to WWII questions readily enough.

#87 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:26

Lol. Settle down. So you have no idea why Jason has not responded to any question about FC for 6 months (or maybe more. I can't remember it's been so long)? He responds to WWII questions readily enough.

No, I know exactly why.  Nothing has changed.  They’re not in a position to develop FC2 right now.  Problem solved.  Glad I could help.

Free Knalp!

#88 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:33

They’re not in a position to develop FC2 right now.  

Did Jason or the devs tell you that? Source? Along with their complete and utter contempt for me of course lol. Classic.

#89 knalp

knalp
  • LocationNew Zealand. ( ex. Scotland )

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:39

The reason why I did not buy FC for myself was that I did not trust the developers to  

actually make a better simulation than RoF.   ( I bought it for someone else who disappeared ...)

The Initial plane set of the DR1 and SPAD I believe, just made me laugh. ( it was a spad, yes? )

Are you hecking for real? A DR1 vs a SPAD ? 

The simple problems with the Se5a guns were copied directly into FC and when I tried to

complain about this I was told to shut up. I was TOLD to stop being a pest.

FC was an has been a bit of a disaster. They did not learn from RoF.

Then the really weird opinion poll about damage model came out. It was quiet strange.

That just nailed it for me. Do they even think clearly anymore?

Some issues in RoF would be relatively easy to fix. But they won't. Why? No idea.

It is still for sale, they make money from it but they ceased fixing it.  It's a half baked simulator.

There is no shortage of money if they want it, many RoF pilots would open their wallets to   

certain improvements,

Uh oh GFno1 is on the phone, must dash.

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

normal program will resume momentarily...

#90 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:44

Did Jason or the devs tell you that? Source? Along with their complete and utter contempt for me of course lol. Classic.

No one had to tell me that.  But I’m not a moron.  So, unless there is some sort of wacky conspiracy going on here, there really is no other explanation.

But the contempt thing is probably also a factor.  Otherwise Jason would just have someone program an automatic message on the forum that says “we’re still not in a position to develop FC2 now”.  But why bother when you have complete contempt for the people who actually need that message?

Free Knalp!

#91 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:47

The reason why I did not buy FC for myself was that I did not trust the developers to  

actually make a better simulation than RoF.   ( I bought it for someone else who disappeared ...)

The Initial plane set of the DR1 and SPAD I believe, just made me laugh. ( it was a spad, yes? )

Are you hecking for real? A DR1 vs a SPAD ? 

The simple problems with the Se5a guns were copied directly into FC and when I tried to

complain about this I was told to shut up. I was TOLD to stop being a pest.

FC was an has been a bit of a disaster. They did not learn from RoF.

Then the really weird opinion poll about damage model came out. It was quiet strange.

That just nailed it for me. Do they even think clearly anymore?

Some issues in RoF would be relatively easy to fix. But they won't. Why? No idea.

It is still for sale, they make money from it but they ceased fixing it.  It's a half baked simulator.

There is no shortage of money if they want it, many RoF pilots would open their wallets to   

certain improvements,

Uh oh GFno1 is on the phone, must dash.

S!

Knalp.

‘They have repeatedly perma banned you.  They don’t care what you think about anything.

Free Knalp!

#92 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:55

But I’m not a moron. 

Debatable.

#93 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 02:03

Debatable.

I'm not the one who is confused about why Jason hasn't announced FC2.  And since the reason is Fing obvious...

Free Knalp!

#94 knalp

knalp

Posted 10 September 2020 - 03:39

‘They have repeatedly perma banned you.  They don’t care what you think about anything.

Actually you are wrong. Quite wrong. As per "you have no idea of the fact as you were not there".

The situation is between myself and the Moderator. It was personal.

The second time I was banned was because I tried to circumvent the original ban because I wished to disscus FC. 

I was not allowed back to the forum as I did not "plead my case hard enough". I read begging.

Frankly I was quite taken aback. Rolling over and leaking on myself is not my style.

At that point I decided that FC can go and burn in heck and that the forum is just toxic BS .

And here you are.

Your MO of coming back to "set things right" is just some kind of flinch that you can't get rid of.

Frankly I waver on sending you back to the front or to a firing squad. It's a tricky situation.

If you don't get on with the men and keep acting like a school headmaster sooner or later  

people will cause a fuss and I will have to write a report. I would rather not.

Your personal attacks on people are tedious and ongoing. I wish you would stop.

Even in you feel you are correct and the other party is misguided.

Good day.

Plank.

N17 002.jpg

#95 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:06

Actually you are wrong. 

lol  No, I'm not wrong.  

Free Knalp!

#96 earlybird

earlybird

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:06

The reason why I did not buy FC for myself 

In November 2017 I was thinking about getting FC1, and thinking about getting it. Then in July 2018 when it went into Early Access at a price of $70 US and that Rise of Flight users got only $10 off, I quickly slammed the cellar door shut that I had left ajar for several months. 

It appears that Ugra Media was a tough 3rd party team to hire as Jason stated on a Steam discussion in March 2020 " The price was set so our development partner who did the lion's share of the work and who gets the majority of the revenue could turn a profit even if the lack of a Career mode hurt it's popularity."

It appears that Ugra said " If you want us to type up the first book in the series of 4 books that you people wrote and published around 10 years ago, we want $80 US per each copy of the [first book in the series of 4] that we sell."

You know, it probably won't be until November (1 year after FC1 was released) that 1Cs Tank Crew project, which believe it or not went into EA at the same time as FC1, will be fully released. During that one year time span, a few more planes like the Breguet 14, DFW. CV., could have been added to FC1 and perhaps an extension of the existing Arras map, but no.

Considering the fact that Jason stated that they aren't going to make the Li-2 as originally planned after the U-2VS, why not just get Ugra Media to come to Rise of Flight and improve it.

Add a plane or 2, (probably not Zeppelin Airships), improve the DM, update the graphics, remove the F2P option, and some more improvements/fixes, but most importantly: Charge us a fee like $40-50 US and I'm sure that a lot of us will be willing to pay that.

Oh and P.S. All the revenue that RoF got from like late 2017 to present goes to Ugra.

#97 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:13

Oh and P.S. All the revenue that RoF got from like late 2017 to present goes to Ugra.

That seems unlikely.  But so what?  

Free Knalp!

#98 knalp

knalp

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:20

lol  No, I'm not wrong.  

I just remembered I can block people.

If you want to get my attention again at all for any reason, feel free to drop dead.

You actually had a point not to long ago where you sounded like a reasonable person.

Then you went slowly back to your own ways. Shame.

It's been terrible.

Me. xxx

PS.  Added to ignore list. It seems to work. And I feel a bit sad... not very sad though. A tiny bit.

N17 002.jpg

#99 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:24

I just remembered I can block people.

If you want to get my attention again at all for any reason, feel free to drop dead.

You actually had a point not to long ago where you sounded like a reasonable person.

Then you went slowly back to your own ways. Shame.

It's been terrible.

Me. xxx

I tell you what, if you want to prove me wrong, post something on the BoX forum.  lol

Free Knalp!

#100 knalp

knalp

Posted 10 September 2020 - 07:37

The really annoying bit is this message:

"This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by "you know who"... View it anyway?"

Is there some way to stop this? Can I block him completely? Some kind of hack....

S!

Kplan.

N17 002.jpg

#101 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 16:38

Glad to see that the ignore feature is working so well!

Free Knalp!

#102 knalp

knalp

Posted 10 September 2020 - 20:20

It's a bit like seeing a dog barking in a window but you can't hear it.

The urge to discover what it is saying is quite strong, but, it will be similar to all previous barks,   

so yes, I won't get too concerned.

Looking forward to trying out a FiF for size. will post over in the FIF 2020 column.

S!

Knapl.

N17 002.jpg

#103 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 September 2020 - 23:03

Guys, do not feed this troll with a shield on his avatar. Surely he is a shitty pilot, any of us will crush him in a 1x1 battle. He only knows how to work with language. People like him should simply be ignored.

#104 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 23:52

I was actually pretty good.  Usually one of the top k/d pilots on Wargrounds.  I don’t remember seeing your name on the Wargrounds stats page.  

Free Knalp!

#105 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 23:54

Plank was on the Wargrounds stats page.  He probably still has the record for most deaths in a month.

Free Knalp!

#106 knalp

knalp

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:57

I can't read what you are saying BSR. I know you are there though.

Ahem.

Dear BSR, why don't you come to FiF and join the fun?

It's my first time so I am not sure what to expect but I picking teamwork will be a biggie.

Um, getting on with the chaps is pretty important, I guess, and, not just barging off on your own.

Having been a lone wolf/Dueler for many years now it is a bit weird to break the form. but...

Well it's about time I actually talked to real people about the game in person and got some   

skin in the game. That is not what it sounds like... never mind. Hopefully we will all be witty and charming...

and you can fly the SPAD 180. I am sure you will slaughter the enemy for us and we can do all the other bits.

Picking up spies, reccon, bombing stuff etc.

Of course I will be the worst pilot in the game, the least kills and the most deaths. But it's never bothered me.

In fact I quite enjoy the struggle of being totally out numbered, out gunned and out classed.   

It's never boring!

Hmmm, not to mention the worst ping, and that is a hard bed to sleep in. Ask Catchov....

When your ping is in the 100's all bets are off! But did I go home and cry? NO! I slogged on! Quite...

So that's my story and I am sticking to it.   

If you come along to FiF we can all have a jolly time and maybe we can stop this bickering. ???  

It's getting very very old.

S!

Klanp.

N17 002.jpg

#107 EmerlistDavjack

EmerlistDavjack

Posted 11 September 2020 - 22:17

What kind of update are you hoping for?  Do you want hourly updates?  Daily?  Do you really think that if they thought they could make money from FC2 that they would turn it down?  You guys know how capitalism works, right?  

You're so contrarian.  Capitalism has told us to go back to the game that gave us years of fun: RoF, because it is better.  Most of us own all the planes.  The game still looks great, flies great, better damage model for the era, and unless you require VR to have fun, most serious pilots own some form of TIR.

I don't care about FC2 at this point unless it promises crazy stuff like Zeppelins alongside early aircraft and a new map.  I don't blame Jason. It's just that the better choice is to play RoF.

RoF has everything I want and need.  Let's get back to it. We all had fun with it for a decade, that wont go away because there is some "new" option.

#108 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 12 September 2020 - 01:15

You're so contrarian.  Capitalism has told us to go back to the game that gave us years of fun: RoF, because it is better.  Most of us own all the planes.  The game still looks great, flies great, better damage model for the era, and unless you require VR to have fun, most serious pilots own some form of TIR.

I don't care about FC2 at this point unless it promises crazy stuff like Zeppelins alongside early aircraft and a new map.  I don't blame Jason. It's just that the better choice is to play RoF.

RoF has everything I want and need.  Let's get back to it. We all had fun with it for a decade, that wont go away because there is some "new" option.

Good for you.  RoF is a great game.  Hopefully all 20 guys still playing RoF MP will now stop whining about FC.

Free Knalp!

#109 earlybird

earlybird

Posted 12 September 2020 - 03:23

I’m not praying to anyone.  But the idea that Jason “betrayed” you is laughable nonsense.  What betrayed you is that not enough people bought FC.

What happened was that Flying Circus Vol.1 was too expensive. Maybe if it was 777 Studios first crack at WW1 then perhaps the price tag of $80 would have been justified, but in a simple re-make of RoF that had less than 1/4 of RoF’s content and was only marginally better, that price ain’t worth it.

I think there’s a difference from Jason saying; for example “ We will do FC2, but we will announce it halfway through the development of Normandy, perhaps close to the end”
than remaining totally silent about the issue, giving people no info whether or not FC2 will happen and making pretty much everyone give up on future Flying Circus development.

At least going back to Rise of Flight is much better than going back to like IL-2 1946.

#110 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 13 September 2020 - 01:09

What happened was that Flying Circus Vol.1 was too expensive.

Not if that is what they needed to cover expenses.  Then the price was just right.  The only way to know that is if you know what their finances look like.  Which you don’t.   So your entire post is speculative bs.  

The bottom line is that they set a price that not enough people were willing to pay to convince them that FC2 was worth their time right now.  There is no way that you, or anyone else in this forum, know if it was too expensive.

Free Knalp!

#111 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 13 September 2020 - 17:41

Plank was on the Wargrounds stats page.  He probably still has the record for most deaths in a month.

Most likely unbreakable....like Cy Young's record for wins.

#112 knalp

knalp

Posted 13 September 2020 - 21:14

Most likely unbreakable....like Cy Young's record for wins.

Wow we are back to this bullshit again ???

Do you know how many Sorites I flew? How much work I did trying to fend of duickheads in D7f's ???

If I wasn't harrassing the enemy AF's I was shooting up trains, boats and convoys. I took an awful

lot of heat from attacking planes etc so that our observers and bombers could get though.

My job was to get up there in my cruddy N28 and attack as much as possible, even if it was against

DR1's and D7f's.

Did I shirk my duties? No.

Did I quail in the officers mess ? No

Was I afraid to go over the top? No.

Childish oversimplification of statistics to prove a point is exactly what this war does not need.

In practical terms the Entente side ( of which I flew a lot of sorties ) is at a major disadvantage.

It's wings are weak, it comes at times with only one gun and for some reason it stalls early,  

won't regain it's energy and once it's down it's out.  These small but significant issues add up

pretty quickly and after a while enetnet pilots find they are pushing shit up hill. RIP RoF.

Of course the super SPADS really did turn the tide of the war and so many German pilots

switched sides to take advantage of this uber plane. They complained bitterly that the SPAD

was overpowered and lobbied the devs to get them nerfed.

But never mind.

I will never forget the time I caught Ice age on the hop in a DVa.

We were up at the cloud ceiling, I was in a Camel.

Did we fight it out? Nope.

He ran away. No guts and no glory.

I think it was the only time I ever saw him not flying a D7f.

I had to laugh though: Ice age is a chicken.

The private duels on WG were amazing. Sometimes you would find yourself way up in the clouds

with some other speck that would turn out to be the enemy. Positioning for an attack etc.

who has has most fuel? are they reticent to get involved? Are they playing bait?

This could go on for ages and at times it did.

Best times were very low fastl in fast out attacks on AF's in N28's while being tailed by D7'fs.

As a lone wolf this was precarious stuff but it really got the blood pumping. Doomed to failure but

heck those Germs got crabby. Worth it!

Squads with TS became the bane of WG.  Entente lone wolfing was marginal at best.

Sigh. The statistics never tell you half of the full story. and usually get touted by jerks...

A few tweaks to certain Entente planes and we might have had a level playing field... but no.

S!

Kanlp.

N17 002.jpg

#113 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 14 September 2020 - 00:33

Take heart lankyP, no little fokkers in the upcoming FiF20 (hope that doesn't keep numbers down?). Stat whores are a fact. Have an early brandy tot. You haven't run out again?

The Entente still needs more Camels but .... something with TWO guns.  :P  Just to be more competitive like ....  for the stat whores.  :icon_lol:

:icon_e_salute:

#114 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:33

http://stats.newwing...s/?search=Plank

http://stats.newwing...s/?search=Plank

#115 knalp

knalp

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:38

Take heart lankyP, no little fokkers in the upcoming FiF20 (hope that doesn't keep numbers down?). Stat whores are a fact. Have an early brandy tot. You haven't run out again?

The Entente still needs more Camels but .... something with TWO guns.  :P  Just to be more competitive like ....  for the stat whores.  :icon_lol:

:icon_e_salute:

Ha! We have a secret wink supply, we were accidentally over provisioned with a truck load of ammunition  

that we can't possibly use, even if we flew double the sorties.... so we found a squadron that was short but  

long on "fuel" and we do a swap every now and then...as the truck was hit by a shell it was written off... but it's

in quite good knick for a smoking hole in the ground... the CO drives it about on "duty" and none bats an eye.

On the last "fuel" run we also found some chickens. and a shed. ( large box with a run made out of mesh.) so  

we have boiled eggs when we are up. Peel them first of course. Blinking good when you are hungry and in the thick

of it. Beats a hard biscuit any day.

Oh look a new message has come through on the telegraph.... I wonder what it says.

Stat mongers... tedious frustrated accountants who fly desks armed with indelible pencils and carbon paper.

Right I must get back to welding up the motor.

S!

Kplna.

PS. Updated my ignore list, It's go three on it now. I bet you can't guess who they are.

N17 002.jpg

#116 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:44

Sigh. The statistics never tell you half of the full story. and usually get touted by jerks...

Complete and utter nonsense.  You regularly had more deaths than anyone on Wargrounds.  It had nothing to do with you doing anything heroic.  Or because you flew inferior aircraft.  You got killed repeatedly and hardly shot anyone down because your tactics sucked and you spent more time whining than actually trying to get better.

Free Knalp!

#117 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:51

Best times were very low fastl in fast out attacks on AF's in N28's while being tailed by D7'fs.

As a lone wolf this was precarious stuff but it really got the blood pumping. Doomed to failure but

heck those Germs got crabby. Worth it!

Absolutely no one got “crabby”.  You were regularly slaughtered.  And your constant bitching about it got you permanently banned from Wargrounds.

Free Knalp!

#118 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:52

He did invent the Plankturn tho.

Attached Files

#119 knalp

knalp

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:14

Расцветали яблони и груши,

Поплыли туманы над рекой.

Выходила на берег Катюша,

На высокий берег на крутой.

Выходила, песню заводила

Про степного, сизого орла,

Про того, которого любила,

Про того, чьи письма берегла.
Ой ты, песня, песенка девичья,

Ты лети за ясным солнцем вслед.

И бойцу на дальнем пограничье

От Катюши передай привет.

Пусть он вспомнит девушку простую,

Пусть услышит, как она поет,

Пусть он землю бережет родную,

А любовь Катюша сбережет.

S!

К Н А Л П.

N17 002.jpg

#120 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:36

Yes I got kicked out of WG for swearing at the tools who could not balance the teams and always flew the best German planes.

More nonsense.  The German planes (other than the 7F) suck.  You didn't get banned for swearing at tools.  You were banned for being a tool.  You were, by far, the most unpleasant a-hole to fly on that server.  And you sucked.  You flew the best aircraft in the game.  And you still sucked.

Free Knalp!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users