* * * * * 1 votes

Flanders in Flames Fall Campaign 2019.

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#41 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 November 2019 - 22:58

I will treat any decision on this matter with full respect. In the end, life is life. Maybe they filled us with bad gasoline before the flight, or donuts were not fresh enough for breakfast ;-) Only one request: consider the question to the barges, which we drowned, but literally did not have enough seconds to count the points.

#42 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 11 November 2019 - 23:19

S! All

Admins have looked over the rules and the rules say the score stands as is.

The result is that the admins have thrown out the rules and rightly so. There is no score. The session is scrubbed from the records. Session 1 will be re-flown on the next regular scheduled time.

The massive disco due to unknown causes was too much to to accept. The event is designed around fair play. The missions on each side are not the same and many missions require special planes. The loss of these planes and the time limit of the session resulted in a completely unacceptable situation.

Special note:  Any targets destroyed or missions completed after the "Hostilities are over" subtitle are not counted towards the score.  This keeps the time available to complete missions the same for both teams.

Second special note: Chinese officers have been sent to Brazil to investigate the possibility of Russian involvement in the massive disco.

Third special note: That case of Russian vodka I received has nothing to do with the disco.

sig9.png

#43 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 12 November 2019 - 14:08

S!
;-) ;-) ;-)

#44 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 12 November 2019 - 14:53

I can't toss away all the fun I had. I hope this is not against the rules.

#45 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 19 November 2019 - 16:20

S! All

The Admins have not been able to find why we have the disconnect from game server.  The game server has not changed. The server files have not changed. We are running the same mission we did in phase A. Only the planes and some subtitles have been changed.  We run the server for FC Thursday night flyin. We often have thirty or more people online and we do not see the disconnect error.

Plan moving forward:

November 23 at the usual time we will run Session 2. Red team is Entente, Blue team is Central. At least targets will be in new places. IF, big IF this session is OK, then we will try session 3 on December 7 at the usual time. IF this session is OK, then we will use the scores from these two sessions and that will be the end of the Fall Campaign.

Should the November 23 have the disconnect problem we will end the fall campaign at that time.

Sorry for the problems.

JG1_Butzzell_J11

sig9.png

#46 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 20 November 2019 - 03:35

One must perceive this problem as an insurmountable natural phenomenon. Something like heavy snowfall or flooding. History knows many cases when bad weather decided the fate of armies and empires. So let's not lose heart :-)

#47 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 20 November 2019 - 08:06

I second Emily.

#48 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 27 November 2019 - 16:42

S! All

We had a mission with no big disco dump. We still do not know what caused the discos.

We will run the same mission on December 7. Even map. Blue team will be Entente and Red team will be Central.

This will be the final mission for this campaign. :icon_e_sad:  Sorry we have had these problems.

FiF is in transition to Flying Circus. For those that want to see a preview, after the Dec 7th session of FiF the server will be changed over to an FiF Flying Circus mission. It will take about 10 minutes to change it over. More about this next week.

sig9.png

#49 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 05 December 2019 - 21:12

S! All

Saturday December 7 we will be  changing from Midway to Pearl Harbor.   Ooops that is for next year after PTO comes out.

This will be the last FiF for this year. Blue team is Entente and Red team is Central. It will be the even map.

After FiF the server will be changed to a preview of FiF for FC.  There will be no 15 minute wait before first takeoff, no death penalty  and unlimited scout planes. South part of the map has the closest airfields to the front.

There are a few changes some are visual and some are game mechanics.

The subtitles have been reduced to  the non icon targets.

When targets are killed there are few to no subtitles and the target icon is removed from the map. Secondary targets are usually announced once and then have an icon placed on the map.

For the General and the spy, they now spawn a flak gun that must be killed to pick up the spy or General. No landing necessary. When landing back at base these missions spawn the Reserve unit Target. 

Because of soggy ground, there is no rescue mission and all planes should land at active bases to complete missions or stay alive.

Trains have a pair of MGs for defense.

Trench line recon is merely flying the pattern from one end or the other. There are multiple check zones that must be triggered.

HQ recon is a single check zone but needs two passes to complete. The target shows no signs of being active, You must pass over it to see if you get an active message. After pics get back to base, Secondary target is announced and target Icon for secondary and HQ are placed on map. No more trying to remember location of HQ.

All recons must be done between 2000 and 4000 meters.

Hospital icon only shows after the enemy ace is killed.

No Flak fence.

Machine guns run along the trenches and have large spaces between the groups. They almost reach as high as 5000 ft

Trench attack target is now out in the trenches. It is in a curved group of bunkers so that it stands out. Target is now 1 flak gun and 3 MGs.

The hard part is going to be adjusting the difficulty level of targets. How much defense and how many bombs will be the big questions. Trains and Truck convoys are much harder to kill due to motion and time delay on bombs.

There  are now 3 trains (no icon), 3 truck convoys (no Icon), 3 ships (stationary), 3 Aerodrome attack, 3 factories, 3 bridges, 3 supply depot.

Pictures below are aerodrome attack, factory, supply depot, tanks at a factory ( sorry no tanks ), reserve unit and hospital.

There are multiple copies of these locations on the map. Not all will be active.  The Odd and Even map are built into the mission file. The game randomly chooses.

Aerodrome.jpg.3f2c5dd0471ae01845d76b8fda

factory.jpg.f91622fa90e912f98774b75970a5

249784441_supplydepot.jpg.59fbb3c63b61a4

1744201437_tanksatfactory.jpg.2c8a686ff8

secondary.jpg.534d74a46a802a44c1831f02da

hospital.jpg.7b464bba7f127ddca6a2143bded

sig9.png

#50 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 07 December 2019 - 23:14

I want to thank the organizers of the event and everyone who took part in it, regardless of which side they were on - in the blue team, or in the red! I don’t remember exactly how many years I have been taking part in this .. But I remember the time when the number of people who wanted to fly into the battle exceeded the number of planes! Nice were the days :-)
Now, when the event goes into another game, I most likely will not go there. So goodbye, I wish you good luck in the new game!
S!

#51 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:46

The FIF 2019 "Fall Campaign" has officially come to an end!

20 years ago, in October 1999, Flanders In Flames was run for the first time, under the leadership of two JG1 pilots: Ernst von Leep and Paul Lowengrin.

Since the earliest missions in Red Baron 3D, on through Rise of Flight, the goal of the Flanders In Flames Online War has always been to provide the WW1 simming community with the best possible scenario-based campaign technologically possible.  As we transitions into IL-2 Sturmovik: Flying Circus - Volume I, I sincerely hope that we've come close to that objective.  I look forward to spending many more years of FIF with all of you!

The Flanders In Flames 2019 Fall Campaign has officially ended in a stalemate, with both the Blue Team and the Red Team winning a phase of play.  We had some technical snafus along the way, which caused a lot of problems.  But all in all, I think the event was extremely successful.  It's a fitting send off to Rise of Flight.

This Fall Campaign stalemate ensures that the entire year-long event also ends in a a draw, as the Blue Team won the Winter Campaign and the Red Team won the Spring Campaign!   Again, very fitting considering the anniversaries we celebrate.

As I've always said, both teams should be incredibly proud of their accomplishments.  Watching you all compete through Twitch and Youtube videos has been extremely exhilarating.  And everyone who flew did an outstanding job.

Let us lift our glasses filled with our favorite libations and toast our virtual opponents.  Prost!  Salut!

To celebrate the conclusion of the Fall Campaign, here is the FIF campaign ribbon.

Large version:

FIF2019f_large.png?dl=0

Small version:

FIF2019f_small.png?dl=0

And as always, thank you to every pilot who flew!

Without your continued support, this tournament would not be able to function!

The scores for Session B4 are shown on the FIF forums.

Klaiber_long_ROF.png?dl=0
Hals - und Beinbruch!

#52 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:49

Now, when the event goes into another game, I most likely will not go there. So goodbye, I wish you good luck in the new game!

I do hope that you'll make the transition with us.  A new game opens up a lot of possibilities.  If nothing else, it promises to be very interesting!

Klaiber_long_ROF.png?dl=0
Hals - und Beinbruch!

#53 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 09 December 2019 - 07:53

Well said, Klaiber! We know we are losing a lot in Rise of Flight, but it's our chance to move forward as a community. It's a sacrifice of sorts.

Thanks to JG1 for your role in the past and right now! I have greatly enjoyed your events, and they helped keep multiplayer ROF alive for quite some time.

Salute!

#54 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 09 December 2019 - 22:09

I do hope that you'll make the transition with us. A new game opens up a lot of possibilities. If nothing else, it promises to be very interesting!

Maybe sometime in the future :-). In the meantime, according to tradition, a couple of shots from the last flight.

#55 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 09 December 2019 - 23:46

S! Emely

That was me  !

I forgot the mission was almost over and engaged.  I was taking screen shots as you tore me up.   Good job.

sig9.png

#56 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 December 2019 - 19:43

S! Butzzell

I forgot the mission was almost over and engaged. I was taking screen shots as you tore me up.

I apologize, I did not know about such circumstances. It seemed to me that you shot at my plane :-)
A little earlier, three more guys flew there, these are Luftritter, Loopy and Vikner. They probably also wanted to take a couple of shots, but we did not understand their intentions. Although Loopy still managed to make a good selfie with an anti-aircraft gun ;-)

Attached Files

#57 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 31 August 2020 - 10:10

So time passed ... Flying Circus ceased to exist as a simulator of air combat, and I returned to RoF. The game did not want to let me in, there were problems with its start. But now everything is over and yesterday I managed to fly a little online. This is a happiness that no one will spoil with idiotic patches !!! :-)))))))

#58 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 31 August 2020 - 13:46

So time passed ... Flying Circus ceased to exist as a simulator of air combat, and I returned to RoF. The game did not want to let me in, there were problems with its start. But now everything is over and yesterday I managed to fly a little online. This is a happiness that no one will spoil with idiotic patches !!! :-)))))))

That's because there are no more updates.

#59 knalp

knalp
  • LocationNew Zealand. ( ex. Scotland )

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:47

Bravo!

The flying clog gets clobbered in the end!  ha ha! good shot with the bomb !

Make the Bristol wings less rubbish !!!!!

FC: boo hiss !!!! 

RoF: Woohooo!!! ( waving flags and noise makers from my sick bed ).

S!

Knalp.

N17 002.jpg

normal program will resume momentarily...

#60 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:55

That's because there are no more updates.

If after the release of FC, all its developers would be fired from work, and could not make new patches, then the world would be more beautiful having a second and new good game about planes of the First World War)) And now these guys just get their money in vain, making the game worse and worse . We must thank God that RoF is spared their attention))

#61 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 04 September 2020 - 17:19

....We must thank God that RoF is spared their attention))

Ja! Because what ROF really needs is some Yugra Media love...... :ph34r:

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#62 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 08 September 2020 - 23:55

It seems FC was just a cheap and underhanded attempt to get suckers like me to fund WWII. And all that talk about "depends on sales" seems to be more suckering to get more people to buy FC to again fund WWII. Never give a sucker an even break and obfuscate at all times. Rule 101. And I fell for it.

Glad to be back here after many years away.

#63 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 09 September 2020 - 09:27

It seems FC was just a cheap and underhanded attempt to get suckers like me to fund WWII.

The situation that the new DM turned the game into a random arcade is only half the problem. The second part of the problem is the silence of the developers for a long time on all our questions. A very bad move is to take money from people and then silently ignore their interests.

#64 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:25

The second part of the problem is the silence of the developers for a long time on all our questions. A very bad move is to take money from people and then silently ignore their interests.

Couldn't agree more emely. The silent treatment, for so long, is an insult and a gutless strategic tactic to hold on to the desperately faithful and/or potential sales from noobs who hope for future development. Imo of course. Anyway, I'm done with FC for that reason. Rof has far more scope and flesh anyway and it's refreshing to be back.

#65 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 09 September 2020 - 23:35

Yes, FC, this is FUBAR ... Jason betrayed us . But we have something to do in RoF! ))

#66 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 09 September 2020 - 23:41

Lol.  Jason betrayed us, so let’s go play in the game that would not exist if Jason had not saved it!!!

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Knalp!

#67 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 09 September 2020 - 23:47

RoF this game is from the past, buddy)) In those days, everything was fine, the grass was green, the children were laughing and there was no covid 19 ..
Jason betrayed us today because he is silent on a thousand questions about the fate of FC. Do you have anything to object to this?

#68 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 00:05

Jason saved RoF.  Jason gave you FC.  And if there is a FC2 someday, it will be because of Jason.  Your crying is laughable nonsense.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Knalp!

#69 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 September 2020 - 00:11

You can hang his portrait on the wall and pray to him every day! Just be careful not to smash your head on the floor while bowing too low in front of his portrait))

#70 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 10 September 2020 - 00:18

And if there is a FC2 someday

Of course, I really hope there is. So much potential. But you know my feelings on that lol. And until the silence is broken, it won't change.

#71 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 September 2020 - 00:18

.  Jason gave you FC.

And I want to give this thing back to him. It would be nice to throw FC at him like a rotten egg))

#72 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 00:34

You can hang his portrait on the wall and pray to him every day! Just be careful not to smash your head on the floor while bowing too low in front of his portrait))

I’m not praying to anyone.  But the idea that Jason “betrayed” you is laughable nonsense.  What betrayed you is that not enough people bought FC.  Maybe you should see if your friend will buy a copy.

Free Knalp!

#73 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 September 2020 - 00:40

I have known you for a long time and am not going to be at enmity with you. You are an old pilot. I myself bought another copy of FC up to version 4.08 and gave it to my friend. Now I apologize to him for the bad present. Here's a story bro.

#74 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 September 2020 - 00:46

But the idea that Jason “betrayed” you is laughable nonsense.  .

He and his entire team have been ignoring all questions about the FC for half a year. How can you comment on this fact?

#75 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

I guess you need more friends.

Free Knalp!

#76 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

He and his entire team have been ignoring all questions about the FC for half a year. How can you comment on this fact?

sure I can comment.  You are lying.

Free Knalp!

#77 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 10 September 2020 - 00:48

I guess you need more friends.

I have an Adler Legion, and many pilots I know, I think they are friendly to me)) It's okay, don't worry))

#78 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 10 September 2020 - 00:48

What betrayed you is that not enough people bought FC.  

This is an old line from Jason that you continue to peddle. Before he was gagged. How about he front up and give us an update. Why the silence? I've given you my opinion on why. Can you?

#79 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 10 September 2020 - 00:52

This is an old line from Jason that you continue to peddle. Before he was gagged. How about he front up and give us an update. Why the silence? I've given you my opinion on why. Can you?

What kind of update are you hoping for?  Do you want hourly updates?  Daily?  Do you really think that if they thought they could make money from FC2 that they would turn it down?  You guys know how capitalism works, right?  

Free Knalp!

#80 catchov

catchov
  • LocationQld, Australia

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:00

What kind of update are you hoping for?  Do you want hourly updates?  Daily?  Do you really think that if they thought they could make money from FC2 that they would turn it down?  You guys know how capitalism works, right?  

I'll ask again. Why the absolute silence for 6 months?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users