- - - - -

Voice to text software?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mosquitoman

mosquitoman

Posted 21 August 2019 - 00:35

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good voice to text program that would work in RoF. 

I would like to chat while trying to shoot people down but I can't do both at the same time.  A voice to text app would be great.

Thanks

#2 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:41

I use  Voice-Attack to turn voice commands into "keypresses" to control the game(s) (RoF, FSX, DCS, etc.) I use.

It also offers the ability to convert speech to text (ie. take dictation).

So, it depends what, exactly, you're looking for -- VA is *very good* for controlling games with voice commands - I use it for darn-near every game I play, and *especially* on flight sims.

On the other hand, I don't write a lot of memos or documents, so I can't vouch for its dictation qualities. I can tell you that A> it uses the Microsoft Speech Engine (think Cortana) to do its thing.

B> it does take some time to "teach" it your voice, but when you do -- it's quite good (even with distinct accents - including Australian, and Deep South, Missouri  :D ), and C> it's free to try and dirt cheap to buy ($10, last time I checked), so it might be worth your time to look into it, if you think it fits what you're looking to do...

Regards,

:icon_e_salute:

#3 mosquitoman

mosquitoman

Posted 21 August 2019 - 15:41

Thanks fourspeed.  I will look into it.  

#4 Lt.Vaughn

Lt.Vaughn

Posted 23 August 2019 - 00:25

Hey -- Hey!

I resemble that accent remark.

;)

P.S. I, too, use Voice Attack for my flight simulator games but, I don't have much experience using it for voice-to-text purposes only. Once trained to your particular speak pattern, though, it does seem to recognize words quite well.

P.S.S. My main purpose for using it is to eliminate the need to have to search for three-handed keyboard combination commands. Just speak to Voice Attack and it takes care of the awkward keyboard strokes. Also, it eliminated the need to spend hours prioritizing which flight sim command goes to which joystick button.

For the cost, I would recommend giving it a try.

Tony Stark is my pilot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users