Photo
- - - - -

How to start this thing???

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 buspelle

buspelle

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:47

Can someone please help me with this, how, just how in the name of God do You get this thing to run???

I cant even get it to start! Done all updates, etc, all the extras recquired but with no luck! Screen goes black and the computer restarts itself. No matter what I do!

I have a brand new PC, an AMD Quad-core ACER Aspire 8gig DDR4 256gig SSD Ryzen5 etc, with Win 10 and Nvidia 1070...

Please help me out here, I am totaly lost! I have FSX, DCS, P3Dv4.5, Il-2 and none of them causes me this problem...

So please!

Best regards

Per

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 10 July 2019 - 14:54

You probably have drivers problems. Have you updated your Nvidia drivers to the latest? And exactly when does the computer restart?

#3 buspelle

buspelle

Posted 10 July 2019 - 18:36

I have the latest Nvidia driver, yes. It crasches just after i klick "start"... then my screen becommes black, and a little gray box appears saying "no signal" then the computer restarts...

#4 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 10 July 2019 - 20:37

What file are you using to start the game?  If you're using the launcher, you might try running the game's .exe file directly instead (Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\ROF.exe), or vice versa.

Also, are you or have you ever been running reshade?  If so, you might want to try removing it (I had similar problems with RoF one time when my reshade config files got corrupted somehow).

Good luck!

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#5 buspelle

buspelle

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:06

Same thing as before, screen goes black, and the computer restarts itself... directly after I klick the "start game" button, even when I tryed to start the game from "Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\ROF.exe" like You asked me too... This is wierd! What is this? Dont understand, I have never had these problems/issues with any other simulator, ever... Dont undertsand this, so strange!

Any other things I should try? 

Best regards

Per

#6 buspelle

buspelle

Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:16

I dont run reshade, I have heard about it but really dont know what it is...

#7 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 11 July 2019 - 17:31

I would check the windows event logs.

#8 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 11 July 2019 - 17:58

Where did you install the game?  If it was in any of the "program files" folders, try getting rid of that installation and putting it somewhere outside those folders (such as C:\Games\Rise of Flight)

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#9 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 11 July 2019 - 19:15

Can you post here the last 100 entries of each log just before the last crash time?

#10 buspelle

buspelle

Posted 11 July 2019 - 19:30

I dont understand what in the world causes this problem! I have tryed everything, different locations, paths, etc such as "C:\Games\Rise of Flight" latest Nvida driver, checked the Windows event log... But with no succes, the screen goes black directley when I try to start the game, and the computer restarts itself... I am affraid I have to give up now... Such a shame! I would realy love to gave this game a go... But I am lost here...

But thanks for all Your tips, tricks and hints gents...

Best regards

Per

#11 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 13 July 2019 - 08:21

It could very possibly be that your hardware is too new and somehow something is not compatible? That's what I'm assuming is the problem with mine. Mine runs, but it crashes the majority of the time when I click Fly Now for the second time. It's very frustrating and makes playing almost unbearable!!

Anyways, good luck. I hope u find the problem!

Its actually an Honor to get stung by a bee.

It hates you so much, that its willing to die just

to cause you a mild amount of pain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users