Photo
- - - - -

Meaning of RMII on upper right of display

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SeaOfDreams

SeaOfDreams

Posted 16 June 2019 - 18:17

I know that I have seen this some where, but extensive search of the manual and the web don't reveal the answer.

I'm flying the SPAD 13.C1 p90 in a Quick Mission

RMII: Automatic radiator, Automatic mixture, ??

What is the meaning of II 11 or whatever those vertical bars represent?

I just noticed that they appear when I pause, and are briefly red, then grey...are they friendlies that were shot down, out of my original flight?

Thanks

~R~

#2 US103_Doolittle

US103_Doolittle
  • LocationORD

Posted 16 June 2019 - 19:03

The two vertical hash marks mean you have the game paused, when you un-pause they disappear -

colors... bling?

#3 SeaOfDreams

SeaOfDreams

Posted 16 June 2019 - 19:38

Sigh...

And I actually recall reading this in the manual...

"This option clears the screen of all buttons and icons, including those icons identifying enemy and friendly aircraft and any time compression icons (such as the Pause icon)."

But I never twigged to it, because it was linked to "time compression", and there is no other reference to it in the manual.

I've updated my manual w a note...glad that it is not locked.

I was so puzzled and frustrated by this...so I sure appreciate you letting me know.

Clear skies!

~R~

#4 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 16 June 2019 - 21:41

The R and the M  denote Automatic Radiator  and Automatic Mixture  respectively. As you might imagine they automatically control the radiator cooling (by opening / closing the radiator vents as needed) and automatically adjusting fuel mixture which should be full (or near full) rich at ground level and be gradually leaned out as you gain altitude.

Generally, most servers (particularly expert servers like our Wargrounds or Cuban's VM Syndicate) expect you to manage these manually, but in icons servers, or our Basic Training server and SP missions, they may be on to make it easier for new pilots to start and fly their planes.

If they are available to you, the default keys to toggle them on/off  are  Left-Shift R  and Left Shift M.

Another one you'll see is an H, which is for Altitude Hold (ie. autolevel). That is handy for longer cruise flights, or if you are flying through clouds. You can toggle that one with  Left-Shift A.

Doolittle already covered Pause.   Hope that helps.

Regards,

:icon_e_salute:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users