Photo
- - - - -

Disassociating TRACKHAT from ROF

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 beresford

beresford

Posted 16 June 2019 - 17:43

A month ago I bought and installed Trackhat and tried it out on Il2:GB. When Opentrack was running head movement was controlled by the kit, and when it was not running it was controlled by the mouse as usual.

When I tried to play ROF I found that with Opentrack not running it is impossible to move your head with the mouse, so I have to use the kit whether I want to or not. There doesn't seem to be a way of changing this via the Options menu. Is there any way round this short of re-installing ROF(which may not work unless I uninstall Opentrack first)?

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 16 June 2019 - 21:12

A month ago I bought and installed Trackhat and tried it out on Il2:GB. When Opentrack was running head movement was controlled by the kit, and when it was not running it was controlled by the mouse as usual.

When I tried to play ROF I found that with Opentrack not running it is impossible to move your head with the mouse, so I have to use the kit whether I want to or not. There doesn't seem to be a way of changing this via the Options menu. Is there any way round this short of re-installing ROF(which may not work unless I uninstall Opentrack first)?

You can try backing up your current controls (and responses, why not?) and afterwards reverting them all to default. Check if it now works. If it does, then we can talk about how you can salvage your current control assignments (basically  merging the functioning options with your backup...).

#3 Doska

Doska

Posted 16 June 2019 - 23:09

When I tried to play ROF I found that with Opentrack not running it is impossible to move your head with the mouse,

First as my imaginary friend has sugested check to see what bindings you have for your head movement.

It is possible that you do not have you mouse bound to your head at all. ( I unbind it as a matter of course )

Secondly I have found that regardless of whether opentrack is "stopped" or "started" ,   

if it is "loaded and running" and it is outputting freetrack 2.0 enhanced it can "take over" your head controls.

This is vexing.

Thirdly I have found that RoF can sometimes get into a mode where it will listen to opentrack but not listen to the bound head movement keys.

At times i could move my head left right up down but not yaw or pitch. It was a bit of a drama.

It's all a  bit of a mystery at times.

Attached File  rof headcontrols.jpg   120.22KB   0 downloads

At certain times the situation has made me quite cross.

For some reason I could not change my default pilot sitting position.

I never found out what the issue was.

Of late I have managed to do it but I have no idea why it works now.

The latest opentrack version is good, and I would suggest only using it.

Any third party version of opentrack can be a not very good clone of it. Avoid.

Opentrack with a DIY  three point IR led "hat clip" is pretty much the best thing.

It works better than the three point headphone clip thingy.

Good luck!

Salute.

D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users