Photo
- - - - -

A Graphics Question- Is there anything better?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RagWing1505

RagWing1505
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:07

I have a Cyberpower 6300 6-core CPU (I know, it sucks) w/ AMD RX560 graphics card... My question is- Can I run a more recent graphics driver package (currently Crimson ReLive 17.11.1) and still play RoF? My card keeps trying to "upgrade", although I have turned off notifications, to Adrenaline (which won't work). Sometimes, during gameplay, my CPU reboots to default settings (graphics card, as well), due to "system failure"... In Global Wattman, I reset the fan to 2758 min. (electronics don't like heat or dust)

, bottom-line voltage to +5 or +6. I tried changing other settings to "manual" or "dynamic", but the card "crashed" more often (during play, temps go to 36-38deg.C w/ current settings, but still "crashes" occasionally). Any bits of wisdom or tech-clarity would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance! (Oh- In the systembios, I also increased case & power supply fan speeds 72-75%)

#2 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:36

I'm no expert, but check if your graphics card fan is still working if you haven't already.

Mine packed in once and was causing machine re-starts.

Other than that I eventually replaced my AMD machine with an INTEL one, and sims certainly run better now.

Good luck S!

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 04 June 2019 - 16:32

Try this:
Download https://www.guru3d.c...r-download.html
First remove nvidia, then intel, do not restart and at last the AMD driver, now it is time to restart.
Let Windows update install your AMD drivers.

Play RoF again, you may need to tweak your settings, see if you have some improvement.
Remember your RX460 is a low performer, so disable Super Sampling, Ingame resolution=monitor resulution.
Also experiment with windows mode & Vsync on/off, reflections/shadows to lowest or disabled.

Good luck and let us know the results, if still accour then please publish a printscreen of your AMD and RoF settings.

edit: buy an €5,- spraycan with compressed air and clead out the PSU/Vcard/CPUcooler
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 RagWing1505

RagWing1505
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:45

I'm no expert, but check if your graphics card fan is still working if you haven't already.

Mine packed in once and was causing machine re-starts.

Other than that I eventually replaced my AMD machine with an INTEL one, and sims certainly run better now.

Good luck S!

Thanks for the reply, Zooropa_Fly, Yes, it's still working well (I clean the card & chassis w/ air often, as well).   S!

#5 RagWing1505

RagWing1505
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:53

Try this:
Download https://www.guru3d.c...r-download.html
First remove nvidia, then intel, do not restart and at last the AMD driver, now it is time to restart.
Let Windows update install your AMD drivers.

Play RoF again, you may need to tweak your settings, see if you have some improvement.
Remember your RX460 is a low performer, so disable Super Sampling, Ingame resolution=monitor resulution.
Also experiment with windows mode & Vsync on/off, reflections/shadows to lowest or disabled.

Good luck and let us know the results, if still accour then please publish a printscreen of your AMD and RoF settings.

edit: buy an €5,- spraycan with compressed air and clead out the PSU/Vcard/CPUcooler

Thanks for the reply & download link, Dutch2; I've reduced about all the graphics settings (low or medium) & frame rate (80fps), I'll try the Vsync, reflections/shadows settings as well... I keep a couple of cans of air nearby & dust/clean often. Once I figure out how to post printscreen  settings here, I'll make them available.   S!

#6 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 05 June 2019 - 15:55

Thanks for the reply & download link, Dutch2; I've reduced about all the graphics settings (low or medium) & frame rate (80fps), I'll try the Vsync, reflections/shadows settings as well... I keep a couple of cans of air nearby & dust/clean often. Once I figure out how to post printscreen  settings here, I'll make them available.   S!

Great, but did you delete all the Video drivers, it could be faulty or double drivers?
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#7 RagWing1505

RagWing1505
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:41

Great, but did you delete all the Video drivers, it could be faulty or double drivers?

No, Dutch2, I'm having troubles w/ opening zipfiles… I did find A LOT of Nvidia drivers installed (Via Obduction)- will deleting them & allowing Windows to re-install drivers still allow this (Obduction) program to function? Just curious...   S!

#8 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:40

No, Dutch2, I'm having troubles w/ opening zipfiles… I did find A LOT of Nvidia drivers installed (Via Obduction)- will deleting them & allowing Windows to re-install drivers still allow this (Obduction) program to function? Just curious...   S!

Download one of these free/try alternatives
https://www.7-zip.org/
https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users