Photo
- - - - -

WHY WWI plane tend to put gunsight off center?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fighterkiller

fighterkiller

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:05

The shit skew gunsight makes me so angry that I go to forum to ask why designer dont put them on the center line. I know there are some gunsight are on center, but they are gunsight or telescope, german planes use collimators which is my love, but they are skew, and you have to tilt your head all the dogfight and even doing that, cos intense fight you barely can see a stable crosshair, in most case its invisible. It is said that skew gunsight is for single eye aim, does it really works? I am curious.

#2 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:17

It is said that skew gunsight is for single eye aim, does it really works? I am curious.

But not curious enough to find out how to centre your gunsight of choice....it's flexi, you make it how you want it, then you save it, then you use it.

S!

#3 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:47

The shit skew gunsight makes me so angry that I go to forum to ask why designer dont put them on the center line. I know there are some gunsight are on center, but they are gunsight or telescope, german planes use collimators which is my love, but they are skew, and you have to tilt your head all the dogfight and even doing that, cos intense fight you barely can see a stable crosshair, in most case its invisible. It is said that skew gunsight is for single eye aim, does it really works? I am curious.

Get it where you want it, press F10.

But beware, if you screw up you may have to get your head into weird positions to fix it :icon_e_biggrin:

#4 Kelp44

Kelp44
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:56

Get it where you want it, press F10.

But beware, if you screw up you may have to get your head into weird positions to fix it :icon_e_biggrin:

Or you may pause your trackir for the occasion - check your trackir profile for the keybinding or make there one that does not conflict with ROF settings.

Next adjust the view you want for saving with the Insert/home/pgUp//delete/end/pgDn or mouse.

Next save it with F10.

After which you may reengage your trackir and it will jump to the saved item if it was the pit view you just saved.

#5 Gromey

Gromey
  • LocationHalifax West Yorkshire

Posted 10 June 2019 - 17:07

If it was off center it was usually to the right of center to line up with the right eye. You'll find that the Germans did it in WW 2 also.

#6 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 10 June 2019 - 18:14

If it was off center it was usually to the right of center to line up with the right eye. You'll find that the Germans did it in WW 2 also.

If you are left eye dominant like me then you have to stand on your head to line up the sight.

#7 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 10 June 2019 - 23:44

If you are left eye dominant like me then you have to stand on your head to line up the sight.

Or, just map it to a key/button on your controller (like the Germans did in WW2  :icon_e_wink: )

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 39.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users