FiF spring 2019 campaign

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 25 April 2019 - 19:55

S! All

Spring time!

Sweet smells in the air. Tulips everywhere. Planes falling in flames.

We have moved to the Verdun-St.Mihiel region. This is an East-West map that we have used before. Changes are Spring landscape instead of Autumn and a few of the airfields were moved to better sites.The two southern airfields on the Central side are not regular airfields. You have to be careful of the bumps. The plane set is 1917 progressing to 1918. 

A practice map is up on the JG1 server. Mission start time is 11:00 on the in game clock. If you get on the server and want to restart the mission there are balloons at the two seater bases. Kill the balloon and the mission will end and restart. Pilots who will be flying two seater missions should practice take off and landing at the two southern Central bases.

There will be a dry run on Saturday, 4, May, 2019  at the usual time. Hostilities begin on Saturday 11, May,2019.

Info on plane set, maps and weapon mods can be found in the FiF info section.

Example of map

sig9.png

#2 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 26 April 2019 - 04:53

Looking forward to Spring FiF. No rest for the lads....the war rumbles on!

S! JG1 and Butzell!

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#3 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 28 April 2019 - 13:28

S!
Good news. Unfortunately I will not be able to participate on most combats during April because I'll be travelling far from home during 3 weekends. On June I may be able to participate more. Looking forward for this one. Cheers.

#4 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 06 May 2019 - 18:10

S! All

Dry Run complete. 

Results:

1 target labeled incorrectly - maps are being updated

1 subtitle misspelled

Trench attack points are close to the front. Be careful and do not fly over the mud. You can activate the flak fence.

Planes seen flying low over the Mud. They were lucky. Flak fence was checked and is working. Just ask JG1_Vonrd_J10. He has the tombstone to prove it.

Planes not returned to service. New airfields were used. Ground crews now returning planes to service.

Hostilities begin for real on Saturday 11, May, 2019 at the usual time. 2 pm Eastern Daylight Savings time New York City.

sig9.png

#5 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 08 May 2019 - 14:32

:icon_e_salute: 

I wont be there for the first round, apologies to my Blue Team mates!

#6 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 20 May 2019 - 22:32

S! All

This may be a new exploit or and old one that I missed.

We had an incident in Flanders in Flames. A pilot was close to an enemy airfield. He was engaged and his his plane became disabled. Not sure if it was loss of oil, fuel or bullet damage. The pilot was able to land at the enemy airfield. This was strange because the airfields are surrounded by AAAA, The AAA did not shoot at him. He was able to stay on the field and his rear gunner was able to shoot at enemy spawning in. The pilot was probably shocked that he was not being killed  by AAA.

Some of his teammates entered the area. They were promptly shot down by AAA.

This is the first time we have seen this. The situation was examined and it was determined that the game does not see a disabled, shot down or crashed plane as a target. So you may ask, how many times is an enemy plane going to suffer a disabling event and still be able to land on an enemy airfield. In actual game play this is a very rare event, however.........it was pointed out that a pilot could get close to an enemy airfield and over rev his engine to disable his plane and then glide into the enemy airfield. I tested this and yes it works. The AAA spawns but does not shoot at a disabled plane.

I am not sure if BoX/FC works the same way but it probably does.

The result of all this is a new rule for Flanders in Flames:

"Refly Rules (Spawn Camping and Objective Camping)

Spawn camping and objective camping are not in the spirit of the Flanders In Flames tournament.

Any pilot who safely lands his shot down or disabled aircraft must "Finish Flight" and despawn as soon as possible.  Sitting on the ground after being shot down, so that you can act as a forward controller for friendly aircraft, or position your rear-gunner to shoot at enemy aircraft, is unacceptable."

sig9.png

#7 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 21 May 2019 - 14:02

The AA shoots at downed planes in NFF. Haven't tried it in WG tho...I wonder why not here.

I'm sure it must have been exciting for those taking off.

#8 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 22 May 2019 - 00:39

The AA shoots at downed planes in NFF. Haven't tried it in WG tho...I wonder why not here.

I'm sure it must have been exciting for those taking off.

Totally Fu*#&d UP    

Fixed it. :icon_lol:

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#9 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 24 May 2019 - 16:43

S!

After additional discussion and examination the rule was modified to allow combat situations to continue but spawn camping to be banned.

New rule is :

Refly Rules (Spawn Camping)

Spawn camping is not in the spirit of the Flanders In Flames tournament.

Any pilot who safely lands his shot down or disabled aircraft on top of a spawn point must "Finish Flight" and despawn as soon as possible.  Sitting on the ground on top of a spawn point, so that you can act as a forward controller for friendly aircraft, or position your rear-gunner to shoot at enemy aircraft, is unacceptable.

In any other situation, pilots may sit in their shot down or disabled aircraft as long as they wish.

sig9.png

#10 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 03 June 2019 - 15:48

S! All

phase A session 4. 

We had some glitches. The off toad convoy is not working as expected. Both teams had problems finding it. Etzel suggested have them run in a circle instead of all over the sector. I like that as well as changing the location message to "Off road convoy in sector 6.B" Adding the A,B,C,D at the end narrows it down a bit and makes it more specific.

Blue team killed the recon secondary but it did not register. The target was not linked to the victory counter.  Corrected.

We now start phase B. Blue team is Central and Red team is Entente. Plane set is advanced.

Good luck ALL.

sig9.png

#11 Catfish

Catfish

Posted 08 June 2019 - 18:12

Hi, so you need a password to join this evening june 8th, 2019 ?

I do not fiind anything..  if i have to become a member of a virtual squadron i will refrain.

#12 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 08 June 2019 - 20:07

Hi, so you need a password to join this evening june 8th, 2019 ?
I do not fiind anything.. if i have to become a member of a virtual squadron i will refrain.

You register with JG1, but belonging to a squadron is not mandatory.

#13 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 09 June 2019 - 02:35

Where have you been Bidu? We've missed you and the rest of J2 in FIF.

Untitled.jpg

#14 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 09 June 2019 - 12:18

Where have you been Bidu? We've missed you and the rest of J2 in FIF.

I couldn't have been too far. I suppose if you had turned your icons on you'd have spotted us fast.  :mellow:

Now seriously, surely the Jasta will make a comeback one of these days. We're going through a rough moment. The group is still essentially a sum of individuals after all, and life isn't always easy on you. A bit of a annus horribilis, but we'll manage. Hope to see you all this afternoon on VM!  :icon_e_salute:

P.S.: Thanks for noticing  :icon_e_wink:

#15 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 09 June 2019 - 23:54

A bit of a annus horribilis, but we'll manage. Hope to see you all this afternoon on VM!  :icon_e_salute:

P.S.: Thanks for noticing  :icon_e_wink:

A dab of Preparation H couldn't hurt.

#16 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:30

'A bit of a annus horribilis, but we'll manage.'

A dab of Preparation H couldn't hurt.

I think he meant that J2 is suffering from a "horrible year", not case of "horrible assholes", but perhaps Bidu is good at Latin double entendre :icon_lol:

#17 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:56

Bidu is a true linguist and I'm old enough that Latin was mandatory when I was in HS.

Actually it is triple entendre since Prep H was one of my profiles.

#18 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 10 June 2019 - 14:17

Bidu is a true linguist and I'm old enough that Latin was mandatory when I was in HS.

Actually it is triple entendre since Prep H was one of my profiles.

And a rather Cordiale Triple at that :-D

#19 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 19 June 2019 - 19:25

S! All

We now begin the second half of Phase B.   Blue team will be flying Entente and Red team will be flying Central.

We have had several good fights and not just with the scout planes. Two seaters on both sides have proven very dangerous.

Let the bombs drop and the bullets fly.

Good luck to ALL.

sig9.png

#20 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 30 June 2019 - 14:21

Congratulations to the Reds for their victory in the 2019 Spring Campaign!  :icon_e_salute:

There were some exciting moments and good competition, and I want to thank all the participants from both teams who continue to make FIF happen. 

Looking forward to the Fall!

S!

Untitled.jpg

#21 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 02 July 2019 - 04:06

The FIF 2019 "Spring Campaign" has officially come to an end!

Now this was a campaign that I wished I could have flown in!

Not only was the plane-set a really nice mix of aircraft, but the scores throughout were so very close.  First Red was up, then Blue, then Red.  Back and forth.  Honestly, I can't help but be reminded of that famous remark by Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, after the Battle of Waterloo - "It has been a damned nice thing - the nearest run thing you ever saw in your life."

To put things in perspective, the Red Team won Phase A by only 3 points...  They won Phase B by only 4...

That means that a couple of objectives here and there were the deciding factors.  A near-run thing indeed!

The Blue Team kicked ass in this campaign, and should be extremely proud of themselves.  You guys did an amazing job.

Honestly, when you're creating an event like FIF, these are the type of results you want to see.  Matches that really get your blood pumping. So, I truly hope that everyone had a great time.

As we break for the Summer,  I hope that everyone enjoys some much needed rest and relaxation.  We'll see you all in the Fall!

In the meantime, let us lift our glasses filled with our favorite libations and toast our virtual opponents.  Prost!  Salut!

To celebrate the conclusion of the Spring Campaign, here is the FIF campaign ribbon.

Red for the Red Team.  Blue for the Blue Team.

Large version:

FIF2019s_large.png?dl=0

Small version:

FIF2019s_small.png?dl=0

And as always, thank you to every pilot who flew!

Without your continued support, this tournament would not be able to function!

The scores for Session B4 can be found here.

Klaiber_long_ROF.png?dl=0
Hals - und Beinbruch!

#22 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 05 July 2019 - 01:42

Who should have said thank you? Someone must show you a thumb and say, "Well done, guys!" . They simply ate pizza, blew a nose in a napkin, and left silently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users