Photo
- - - - -

[ToW] tidesofwar.net Dallas Texas USA

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#41 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:34

yes, great server….thank you…..btw, last night we had slowdown when dogfighting (around 15 planes in all)…..later was smooth….wonder why that happened..

#42 Fuby

Fuby

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:38

yes, great server….thank you…..btw, last night we had slowdown when dogfighting (around 15 planes in all)…..later was smooth….wonder why that happened..

I would imagine due to the locations of the 15 people.. High pings low pings.. ofcourse.. there is no way of knowing this in the current setup.. just a guess.

#43 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:41

to be honest, this was the first time i had a slowdown in your server…thats why I was so surprised…

Attached Files

#44 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 13 January 2010 - 17:53

Makes sense on all points.
I've tried strafing the bridges…doesnt do anything to them, even if they've been damaged by bombs.

Yesterday someone came in the server and said "how's this server?".
I said "It's the best server in the world!". :D

#45 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 13 January 2010 - 18:20

At first, I would like to say "thank you" for your work on this server! It´s one of my favourites!

Would you please be so kind as to change the german start position in "blackforest-bridge"?
It´s very difficult to start with a Dr1 against the sun…I always crash :oops:

#46 Fuby

Fuby

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:26

At first, I would like to say "thank you" for your work on this server! It´s one of my favourites!

Would you please be so kind as to change the german start position in "blackforest-bridge"?
It´s very difficult to start with a Dr1 against the sun…I always crash :oops:

Adding a few more player slots to the server this weekend and will adjust the airfield. ;)

Open welcome to those that map scenarios:

I wish others would step up with maps we could add.
(if AUTHOR with map or future map please contact me)

At this time.. sort of map guide line:
At least 24 slots must be included at this date. (no more than 26)
Advert for ToW Teamspeak and website must be allowed.
Other adverts, other then author should not be used.
15-30 minute map time limit to keep things moving.
Some objective as secondary and dogfight as primary. (kill all the enemy is always a main goal.)
Always have 4 or more stock planes in maps scenario.
Starts on airfield should not allow AI to take off. They can be deactivated without it.
Suggested most starts on ground as AI starts in air are heavily felt on dual core systems.
Bomber - recon exceptable AI air starts.
Thanks to all that wish to jump on board.

#47 Gosling

Gosling

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:59

Loving this server

Well done Fuby

#48 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:12

Indeed, Fuby!

Excellent missions and good players!

Thanks!

HT

#49 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 24 January 2010 - 18:31

I'm currently trying to get TS3 working for ToW rise of flight.

I have put in tidesofwar.net with no password. What port number do i need to use?

#50 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 24 January 2010 - 18:54

While the warping was barely noticable last weekend and the first few days of this week it was unbearable yesterday and friday, planes would warp back in time and shoot you before you could see them while at the same time you would hammer aircraft with hundreds of rounds for no effect.

#51 Fuby

Fuby

Posted 24 January 2010 - 19:14

I'm currently trying to get TS3 working for ToW rise of flight.

I have put in tidesofwar.net with no password. What port number do i need to use?

Uses the stock port 9987.. all you should need to do is Open up bookmarks..use add a bookmark… add Tides of War in label, put tidesofwar.net in the address line , fill in a nickname press apply and you will have it setup…

AS for warping etc..these last few days been from the MASTER SERVER here..not the game server..
so, some think..http://riseofflight....hp?f=128&t=6830">viewtopic.php?f=128&t=6830

Today, all seems kinda back to normal.. also, if you always warp at ToW..best I can offer is to find a closer server to your location..your ping might be in question to ours.. most enjoy flying. best of luck to you…

#52 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 24 January 2010 - 20:49

Thanks Fuby, I've got it set up and working now ready for the switchover. I just hope more people start using it, especially on the german side.

I have been using the allied channel as there are almost never any players on the other channel…my apologies to the allied players who have had an 'enemy' listening in.

If we can get more people using both channels with the teamwork and coordination I have witnessed amongst the allied players then it can only make an excellent server even more immersive.

#53 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 25 January 2010 - 13:14

Please create a mission in 4-5km. I love those altitudes 8-)

#54 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 26 January 2010 - 17:02

Fuby,
Did you see my post in 3rd part apps regarding the mission: The Guinness Run
?

I thought it would be a great addition to the ToW set. However, I dont have the skills to put the mission together. If you or someone you know have the ability to make the mission, do you think it's worth the effort?

BuB

#55 Fuby

Fuby

Posted 26 January 2010 - 22:19

Fuby,
Did you see my post in 3rd part apps regarding the mission: The Guinness Run
?

I thought it would be a great addition to the ToW set. However, I dont have the skills to put the mission together. If you or someone you know have the ability to make the mission, do you think it's worth the effort?

BuB

Yup seen the Pub thing…:)
Ummm you could think of ToW_Freighter as your Pub one.. just think of it as needing ships, seeing the townsfolk drink so much.. and those trucks by the bridge..just visualize the beer being brought forward for the troops instead of ammo..;)

#56 Fuby

Fuby

Posted 01 February 2010 - 19:52

New lineup to date: 2-1-10 (16 maps)

Tow_Quick-n-Dirty_AIR - AirStart Dogfight
ToW_Freighter - Ship - Trucks
British frontline attack - factory-balloons
RainyDays_EY24 - Early Planes - Dogfight
The Valley HighNoon - train attack
ToW_Quick-n-Dirty - dogfight
troop transport - train attack
Into the night - warehouse -ship - bridge attack
ToW_Flurries - factory
RainyDays - balloons -dogfight
Battle of the Bridges - bridges
ToW_Dogfight - dogfight
BlackForest_Bridge - Bridges
TrainArrival - train attack
Tow_A river runs through it - Early Planes AirStart Dogfight
One bridge too many - bridges

Come fly with us.. two squads available to get involved..

10NS
IRFC

Always open..Hot popcorn while watching or waiting..
Visit our RoF forums at http://tidesofwar.net">http://tidesofwar.net

#57 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 02 February 2010 - 17:16

nice lineup Fuby!

(still need the guiness run mission though…Central planes having to take out a convoy of trucks is a great objective. Central needs more objective based missions :) )

Very nice lineup indeed! (especially the dogfight missions sandwiched in!)

#58 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:12

ToW_Freighter - Ship - Trucks (possibly Guinness)

LOL! Just saw that.
All you need to do is designate a particular building as the "pub", and we all have a reason to REALLY want to win that misson. :D

Thanks Fuby!

#59 Fokkxor

Fokkxor

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:02

came here to say thanks for keeping up the only server that is populated right now. i have to connect from mid europe and my measured ping to the IP i found in the thread here is 144ms/145ms stable. so the times i was on ToW server so far i had almost no warping or lags.

lets hope the situation in MP gets better, "learning to fly" is harder with ace camels on your six :D
the server could use some more noobs like me :cry:

#60 Fuby

Fuby

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:24

ToW_Freighter - Ship - Trucks (possibly Guinness)

LOL! Just saw that.
All you need to do is designate a particular building as the "pub", and we all have a reason to REALLY want to win that misson. :D

Thanks Fuby!

Testing a Guinness map right now on the server…

The Hun start in air..allies on ground..
10 trucks (one has AA) headed to saftey near the allies airfield..
Make sure the beer gets thru!!
Let's see who enjoys the beer!
Short and sweet..(I hope)

#61 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:02

A scramble mission! wow! That's BRILLIANT!
Perfect idea, absolutely perfect :idea:

#62 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:17

@Fuby - thank you again for ToW….it seams that I have slowdowns only in one mission/map (when dogfighting down low) and thats the one where central powers need to defend their train….I tried with low trees but it seams no matter I choose in settings all mission are smooth except this one….

#63 Fuby

Fuby

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:56

@Fuby - thank you again for ToW….it seams that I have slowdowns only in one mission/map (when dogfighting down low) and thats the one where central powers need to defend their train….I tried with low trees but it seams no matter I choose in settings all mission are smooth except this one….

Thanks, I try..more than ya know..;)

Well, there are a few scenarios that the central powers defend the train…

All I can say about the slowdowns:
1)Possible user system below specs of RoF heavy demanded requirements for a smooth play pulls other systems down.
2)who connects from what parts of the world (pings) does matter, No support to limit this.
3)poor scenarios design due to no support forum for scenario creators can learn better.
4)poor coding of multiplayer in RoF, lack of interest to improve this quickly before there is no multiplayer servers.

could be any one of them…;)

all scenarios do work properly at times.. but just at times.. reasoning does not figure in.

#64 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 09 February 2010 - 23:12

I jumped into RoF multiplayer today for the first time,as a spectator in ToW!
Looked like great fun and hopefully I will fly there soon as an easy target. :mrgreen:

#65 Baal2

Baal2

Posted 14 February 2010 - 21:58

The missions are great, but could you please add the n17 in the planeset?

Thanks!!

#66 Fuby

Fuby

Posted 21 February 2010 - 23:12

Thanks!!

It is in a few missions. Not all planes are in every mission..
that would get..well, boring and nothing to look forward to in the next mission..
with that said…yes, ToW seems to have alot of Camels and DR1 missions..
its because we have two active squads..and that is their main plane.

#67 Der_Sevtl

Der_Sevtl

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:38

Thanks!!

that would get..well, boring and nothing to look forward to in the next mission..

But I think one or two Camels/Dr1s could be deleted to add other planes, for example an Albatros, a Pfalz or more SEs.

But I said it already in another post: I love this server!

#68 Baal2

Baal2

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:10

Thanks!!

Yes, there are two missions with N17…plase add 1-2 more and it will be Xmas again 8-)
In fact, i would love to have this plane in a ground attack mission(without any plane carrying bombs then !)

#69 BroadSide

BroadSide

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:56

The ToW server is down today for some reason. I saw it up as the "aces high" in georgia server, but I tried to join and then it disappeared.

odd.
w/o ToW, there's reallly no server to play on.
no ToW = no mp RoF :o

Just goes to show how important decent servers are. Odd that there are no other USA servers….
what's up with that?

#70 Pimpin

Pimpin

Posted 24 February 2010 - 15:18

I usually see a few servers up,people just have to join them thats all.

#71 Keys

Keys

Posted 25 February 2010 - 20:50

Tow server is excellent for me its the one I have been using since I got this game 95% of the time. Multiplayer is where its at with this game and when TOW goes down there is no other to take its place for me. I am surprised there is only one server in USA with all the computer people in this game. More servers like TOW will improve this game dramatically in my opinion…

#72 tofu

tofu

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:26

I tend to join late in my day and it seems to taper off with few people joining. Previously, it has been great with lots of people and I do love the supportive group at ToW, but sometimes I can't get on until late and most of them have logged off.

For the past few days I keep getting kicked out. It shows "1/25 ToW Dogfight 24" mission in progress and doesn't change maps. If I join, it loads and then kicks me back to main screen. Maybe this means the server is down. Anyone know what is happening? It is happening to me right now.

I'm on teamspeak if anyone wants to chat, fly, or try another server. Anyone reading the forums right now ;) !!!!!

#73 Fredbat

Fredbat

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:44

Think the servers been down a few days now or longer , or at least it was down on Wednesday when I tried.

#74 tofu

tofu

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:37

Well, the server is back up tonight. That's a good thing.

#75 [Fr]Vylsain

[Fr]Vylsain

Posted 27 February 2010 - 19:39

Yeah but it's empty. :(

Edit : normal, it doesn't work… :?

#76 Fuby

Fuby

Posted 27 February 2010 - 21:29

Sorry guys, have not been active on the server this past week..
others tried to get it running..looks like a fail..
Hopefully someday…we get a decent DServer.exe software that stays working.
But..in anycase..it's back now..

#77 [Fr]Vylsain

[Fr]Vylsain

Posted 27 February 2010 - 22:04

Good ! Thanks Fuby ! :)

#78 Fuby

Fuby

Posted 27 February 2010 - 22:33

on side note:

If you join now..you can view while waiting for next round…

LACK OF COMMUNICATION with those creating maps and NEOQB has put everyone joining to the side for the past MONTHS.. even though there are posts/threads about Spectator mode being broke..

I never looked into it…they never said..how to fix it..

thanks to sizzlor… all you have to do is put a translator camera in middle of action..one command..that simple..and people complained for months!!
this was not needed before version 1.09…

you would think these NeoqB guys would announce it..or show it someplace.. or reply to one of those threads LONG before this…what a shame..
maybe I missed it? in any case..right before they change everything with 1.11 you can now view in spectator on ToW…for now..lol

thanks sizzlor…

We really need a dedicated forum just for map creations.. as the devs do not support or offer any help in these matters.

#79 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 27 February 2010 - 22:52

on side note:

If you join now..you can view while waiting for next round…

LACK OF COMMUNICATION with those creating maps and NEOQB has put everyone joining to the side for the past MONTHS.. even though there are posts/threads about Spectator mode being broke..

I never looked into it…they never said..how to fix it..

thanks to sizzlor… all you have to do is put a translator camera in middle of action..one command..that simple..and people complained for months!!
this was not needed before version 1.09…

you would think these NeoqB guys would announce it..or show it someplace.. or reply to one of those threads LONG before this…what a shame..
maybe I missed it? in any case..right before they change everything with 1.11 you can now view in spectator on ToW…for now..lol

thanks sizzlor…

We really need a dedicated forum just for map creations.. as the devs do not support or offer any help in these matters.

I would like to see all their forum lawyers now with their enlighting comments

#80 SAS

SAS

Posted 28 February 2010 - 17:19

Fuby, do you know that rof server loads to clients .mission files instead of .msnbin files when both are available?
if you hides .mission files somewhere and leave .msnbin files than mission load time will be notably smaller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users