Photo
- - - - -

DLC and Steam

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JimF

JimF

Posted 12 March 2019 - 15:24

So, a Steam account cannot purchase DLC from the RoF web store, and to get only certain additional aircraft on Steam, one has to but multi packs. To get the aircraft I would like to have means a cost of about $65., which is not going to happen.

Does anyone know If one was not listed as a Steam account and made the purchases in the RoF store, and then bought Rof (Channel Battles) on Steam, would the non Steam purchased aircraft carry over to the game from Steam?

Thank you.

Jim F

#2 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 March 2019 - 15:28

As far as I know, purchases from the ROF store and Steam can’t be mixed. You can get the free edition on Steam and then add planes from the ROF store to it, but once money starts going in the can, you’re locked into whatever route you chose to purchase from. :(

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#3 JimF

JimF

Posted 12 March 2019 - 16:05

Thanks for the reply. My main interest in all of this is the Channel Battles version, so just having that means I could only fly the Felixstowe. I assume CB is only a Steam item, correct?

Jim F

#4 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 March 2019 - 16:27

You’re welcome! :)

You can get the Felixstowe + the channel map + every other plane included in the Steam CB DLC separately through the ROF store. Personally, I’d recommend this because:
A ) You get a 50% discount when buying 6 or more items
B ) All money spent there goes directly to supporting the developers
C ) It frees you to pick and choose which planes you want to buy in the future, without having to buy expensive DLCs

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#5 JimF

JimF

Posted 12 March 2019 - 16:42

I was thinking I might do exactly that. I'm not a avid gamer, and never play online, so to a certain extent, having a Steam account is not a big value for me. And I don't care for the fact that once I open Steam, after I close it, it stays running in the background

I assume you don't get the missions for Channel Battles, correct? But at least get to fly the areas.

Thanks again, off to do some shopping, I think.

Jim

#6 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 March 2019 - 18:06

I think you do get the missions for the Channel Battles! I've got them and I didn't do ROF through Steam for the same reasons as you. ;) You just need the map and the planes to unlock them in the game.

Attached File  Channel Map Missions.jpg   168.71KB   0 downloads (Click to enlarge)

xAKPpvf.jpg

#7 JimF

JimF

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:26

After your reply, went ahead and bought the map and the Felixstowe last evening. You are right, you do get the missions. Excellent!

Have all the aircraft and mods I wanted, without having to buy ones I don't want (per Steam's packaging), as well as the CB missions.

Thanks again.

Jim F

#8 Wozza_UK

Wozza_UK

Posted 27 November 2019 - 21:11

Hi,

I've got the free version off steam and activated the (free) code on the RoF store but now I can't seem to add planes to my cart on the RoF site and there is a message at the top that says steam users can only buy stuff on steam. I was under the impression that as long as I haven't paid for anything on steam I can buy off this site. I want to buy off the site because I think it will be cheaper in the long run - I don't want all the content.

Can someone tell me what to do? Do I need to uninstall the steam version and download the version off the site or what?

Also the stuff on the site is on sale atm. How long will that last? I need to buy quickly to keep things cheap! :icon_e_deadman:

Many thanks.

#9 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 November 2019 - 21:41

I think the mistake you made was when you "activated the (free) code on the RoF store" - that probably told the store you were a Steam customer so the store is trying to keep you from wasting money buying store content that you can't use with the content (it thinks) you bought on Steam.

I've never messed with Steam for RoF, so unfortunately I don't know how to remove the Steam tag so the store will let you buy things there.

One option you might try would be to D/L the free version from the RoF website, but (1) that probably isn't necessary and (2) it may not work unless you use a different e-mail ID/password combination for the new copy (since the RoF store may be associating your old/current e-mail/password info with your steam-based copy).

Hopefully someone who has used Steam for RoF is still around to pop in with a better suggestion on how to fix this issue.

Looks like this current sale is scheduled to run through December 3rd.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 43.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users