Photo
- - - - -

DLC and Steam

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JimF

JimF

Posted 12 March 2019 - 15:24

So, a Steam account cannot purchase DLC from the RoF web store, and to get only certain additional aircraft on Steam, one has to but multi packs. To get the aircraft I would like to have means a cost of about $65., which is not going to happen.

Does anyone know If one was not listed as a Steam account and made the purchases in the RoF store, and then bought Rof (Channel Battles) on Steam, would the non Steam purchased aircraft carry over to the game from Steam?

Thank you.

Jim F

#2 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 March 2019 - 15:28

As far as I know, purchases from the ROF store and Steam can’t be mixed. You can get the free edition on Steam and then add planes from the ROF store to it, but once money starts going in the can, you’re locked into whatever route you chose to purchase from. :(

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#3 JimF

JimF

Posted 12 March 2019 - 16:05

Thanks for the reply. My main interest in all of this is the Channel Battles version, so just having that means I could only fly the Felixstowe. I assume CB is only a Steam item, correct?

Jim F

#4 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 March 2019 - 16:27

You’re welcome! :)

You can get the Felixstowe + the channel map + every other plane included in the Steam CB DLC separately through the ROF store. Personally, I’d recommend this because:
A ) You get a 50% discount when buying 6 or more items
B ) All money spent there goes directly to supporting the developers
C ) It frees you to pick and choose which planes you want to buy in the future, without having to buy expensive DLCs

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#5 JimF

JimF

Posted 12 March 2019 - 16:42

I was thinking I might do exactly that. I'm not a avid gamer, and never play online, so to a certain extent, having a Steam account is not a big value for me. And I don't care for the fact that once I open Steam, after I close it, it stays running in the background

I assume you don't get the missions for Channel Battles, correct? But at least get to fly the areas.

Thanks again, off to do some shopping, I think.

Jim

#6 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 March 2019 - 18:06

I think you do get the missions for the Channel Battles! I've got them and I didn't do ROF through Steam for the same reasons as you. ;) You just need the map and the planes to unlock them in the game.

Attached File  Channel Map Missions.jpg   168.71KB   0 downloads (Click to enlarge)

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#7 JimF

JimF

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:26

After your reply, went ahead and bought the map and the Felixstowe last evening. You are right, you do get the missions. Excellent!

Have all the aircraft and mods I wanted, without having to buy ones I don't want (per Steam's packaging), as well as the CB missions.

Thanks again.

Jim F

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users