- - - - -

A dedicated server on a remote machine for dummies

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Ben_Twings

Ben_Twings
  • LocationAlbion

Posted 04 May 2015 - 16:50

i followed the instructions but i cannot start my server: 1. The mission, Dogfight and cooperative folders are empty. No missions files in there. 2. when i launch the Dserver.exe i'm not able to do nothing and the application creates a .log file that is empty.

Are you running dserver locally or on a remote machine?

I suggest that you test your configuration locally first. You will need to forward the ports on your machine, allow RoF through your firewall and set your PCs ip address in the sds file.

If you have empty mission folders on a remote installation, you could upload the contents of your local folders to them, or copy the test missions in /data/Template

The missions you want to run must be specified in your sds file.

Polish-infested London

#42 magicbus

magicbus

Posted 04 May 2015 - 18:42

Ben i have a remote machine. I host also other games so i have a little experience, i forwarded the ports, and filled the sds file, i used the dedicated_config_dogfight.sds , what should i do with the dedicated_config_coop.sds and the other two dedicated_config_dogfight_BETA.sds ?? Also in the config.sds i already have a list of missions. Another question: what i have to write in the "SDS server" space in the Dserver.exe?

#43 Ben_Twings

Ben_Twings
  • LocationAlbion

Posted 05 May 2015 - 00:00

Ben i have a remote machine. I host also other games so i have a little experience, i forwarded the ports, and filled the sds file, i used the dedicated_config_dogfight.sds , what should i do with the dedicated_config_coop.sds and the other two dedicated_config_dogfight_BETA.sds ?? Also in the config.sds i already have a list of missions. Another question: what i have to write in the "SDS server" space in the Dserver.exe?

Presumably you are creating a dogfight server, in which case the only sds file with which you need to be concerned is dedicated_config_dogfight.sds. You make a copy with a suitable name, edit the copy with your required values, then upload it to the data/Multiplayer/Dogfight folder on your remote machine.

Then you start DServer.exe on your remote machine, click on 'File/Open', browse to data/Multiplayer/Dogfight and select your sds file. If your sds file and your mission files are error-free, the server should initialise properly.

Polish-infested London

#44 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 07 May 2015 - 17:43

Do you play online at all? If so then each time you log on you download a mission. That should be in your dogfight folder. You can use those.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users