- - - - -

Proposed: an NFF tag for Mamochka

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 07 March 2019 - 23:50

I know.  He's a crazy Russian ROF bum who seemingly has nothing better to do than play this game all day and night long.  He is also rabidly dogmatic in a dogfight and will both shoulder-shoot and ram without compunction.  But he doesn't snivvel and he is also clearly dedicated because he flies more frequently than anyone else I've seen at NF&F.  Maybe if they gave him a tag, he'd mellow out a bit?  Hmmm   

#2 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:47

:lol: You forgot to mention deliberate friendly fire, escaping the game if you're beating him, spawn camping...

He should be forever banned from MP never mind rewarded.

I think this post was a bad idea, probably breaks a few rules, is in the wrong forum section, and is asking the wrong people.

Still maybe he can work the ME - NFF are always looking for good mission builders !

:icon_mad: 

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#3 Todt_Von_Oben

Todt_Von_Oben
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 08 March 2019 - 19:14

I was high on drugs when I wrote that.

#4 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 08 March 2019 - 20:55

Yes, officer, this thread right here.

J5_Bender

#5 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 10 March 2019 - 18:28

I respect him. I have not seen him do any of these things in my 90 days. Maybe he has changed, because I respect Zooropa-Fly as much . I see him , mamo,

a lot and I tag right behind him learning from him how to fly. .  There are 2 others that do these things I read of here, and I even shot one of them down on the same team. Since I did he hasn't bothered messing with me again .

#6 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 11 March 2019 - 15:46

I see him , mamo, a lot and I tag right behind him learning from him how to fly. 

That's pretty much an oxymoron. Have you ever been involved in a chain collision ?

Btw, I don't think mamo understands English so I doubt he could function as a NFF admin.

#7 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 11 March 2019 - 19:13

=NFF=Ramotchka has a nice ring to it... 

Yes, officer, this thread right here.

Bahahaha! 

I respect him. I have not seen him do any of these things in my 90 days. M

You might start to notice it once you're on the Entente side ;) 

More seriously, Mamo has a habit of pulling for a shot that he doesn't have time to get away, typically resulting in a crash. I don't really think it's intentional - rather, just annoying to be on the receiving end of! I have also been pounced by him while taking off. As for deliberately firing on friendlies, well, I haven't noticed anything like that from him. 

As for learning to fly - well, I don't think Mamo's the best to learn from (at least not if you're planning on going into the full real servers like Wargrounds, Vintage Missions, etc). Just my own opinion. He tends to limit himself very much to a 'dogfight server' mentality - which isn't translatable to the full-real servers - and he's especially reckless in the air, and tends to fly one of two different machines - the D.VII F or the Camel. It's well worth learning to fly as many as possible. 

Typically he takes as little fuel as possible and runs his D.VII F's altitude throttle on the deck. Doing the former isn't viable in full-real, as you'll be spending a good amount of time cruising and climbing to alt. It'll also increase your turn rate and manoeuvrability - sounds good in the short-term, but you'll suffer for it if you ever have to fight on a full tank! The plane will handle differently, and you may not be able to pull off the same manoeuvres that work for you in the icons servers. The latter will eventually kill your engine - again, while patrolling, that's the last thing you need. Don't get me wrong, those habits are perfectly fine when the aim of the game is quick throwaway dogfights, but it's also good to learn the full-real side of multiplayer, as it is a completely different experience, and one well worth trying. At least, in my opinion! 

I noticed you'd applied to JG1 - speak to Luftritter or Hotlead about getting some Scout training - they'll sort you out! I'm sure JG1 have a training night specifically for whipping their pilots into shape. The 103d also has a training night on Mondays, starting at 8PM EST. Feel free to drop into our TeamSpeak and tag along sometime. 

Of course, if your sole interest is the icons-on dogfight servers, feel free to ignore all of the above ;) 

S! 

-L. 

zEKqGuL.png

#8 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 11 March 2019 - 20:29

I hear mamo can't wait to get his chute in FC.

#9 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 11 March 2019 - 21:56

That's pretty much an oxymoron. Have you ever been involved in a chain collision ?

Btw, I don't think mamo understands English so I doubt he could function as a NFF admin.

He speaks Russian so far as I can tell . I draw on napkins so he can understand. And no the only collisions I have been involved with are my own .90 days a pilot with nix fer tranin' doesn't make a very good pilot . yesterday I chewed the rudder off a Spad with my prop. I went down and that Spad had a steering problem :)

I highly doubt anyone is going to listen to an old duffer with 90 days in the game anyway . So far in my 90 days there are just 2 guys I don't care for much. One fooled me with a similar name to AI planes 3 times before I caught on. The other guys was spinning his plane all over the place and at first I thought he was over loaded with fuel and bombs and he rolled into me. By the 4th time he rolled into me I knew it was his game. His reason to be there was to just screw things up for others. I delayed spawning a bit and when I came back there he was just taking off. Team or no team I shot him down.

I have seen him spin all over since but he hasn't crashed into me since. That player never texts . I see NFF ask him why, but I have never seen a reply .

#10 Philemmett

Philemmett

Posted 15 March 2019 - 21:26

There has been absolutely NO DISCUSSION regarding 'Mamochka' becoming a member of the '=NFF=' small group.  '  

Sincerely,

Phil =NFF=Patriarch

#11 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted Yesterday, 02:51

NFF? Are we talking Nasty F***ers and Fiends?

If you haven't seen "a certain Russian" do any of the things mentioned, you haven't beaten him consistently enough. You'll know you've reached the big time with him when he hunts you exclusively with the intention of ramming you if the opportunity presents itself; and when he camps the airfield, circling above, letting others take off- in hopes of catching you on the ground, at which point he goes full-on divine wind.

You'll know you've really gotten under his skin when he busts out his broken English. Maybe going as far as to call you by name, followed by "ROTTEN SHARK".

BTW, I don't actually have a problem with the guy. You just have to be ready for his particular bag of nasty tricks, and never forget that he won't hesitate to use them. It is nice to know there's always at least one guy down for a fight at any hour of the day.

I haven't seen him deliberately shoot friendlies; but I've seen it from a certain "rim job" if they perceive that you've "stolen" their kill.

#12 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted Yesterday, 13:15

Why isn't this thread being moderated ? 

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#13 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted Yesterday, 13:27

Why isn't this thread being moderated ? 

Because this game and forum are essentially dead ?

#14 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted Yesterday, 13:27

Is anything ?

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users