Photo
- - - - -

Bloody April IX Campaign - 2019

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Bloody April IX - The Last Hurrah! (51 member(s) have cast votes)

I will participate in this event

1. Yes (49 votes [96.08%])

Percentage of vote: 96.08%

2. No (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

Preferred Format - click all that are interesting (does not mean you commit to fly every hour)

1. Limited Saturdays - 8 hour single mission with dawn mission 1st week, midday 2nd week, dusk mission 3rd week. (6 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

2. Open Saturdays - 16 hour single mission with dawn, daylight, dusk periods. (11 votes [14.47%])

Percentage of vote: 14.47%

3. Open Fridays and Saturdays - 16 hours each day with dawn period Friday and dusk on Saturday with midday periods in both. (10 votes [13.16%])

Percentage of vote: 13.16%

4. Extended Saturdays - 3 two-hour missions each Saturday; a dawn, midday, dusk with a few hours break in between each. (14 votes [18.42%])

Percentage of vote: 18.42%

5. Traditional Saturdays - a single two-hour mission each Saturday with a dawn, midday, dusk period. (35 votes [46.05%])

Percentage of vote: 46.05%

Preferred 1st Mission Start Time (click all that work for you)

1. 1400 UTC/GMT (9 votes [12.86%])

Percentage of vote: 12.86%

2. 1700 UTC/GMT (29 votes [41.43%])

Percentage of vote: 41.43%

3. 2000 UTC/GMT (32 votes [45.71%])

Percentage of vote: 45.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 30 March 2019 - 23:13

Guys, on the event is a very big card. This is a very big room for our little crazy clinic ;-)

#42 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 31 March 2019 - 17:20

But where the missions are to be accomplished will be like honey to a bee.  Correction.  Like honey to a bear!  :)

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#43 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:56

Quick reminder...

BA  practice server is up, but you must have "mods on" to see it.

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#44 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 04 April 2019 - 22:16

Notice to Red Team / Entente, Sign-In sheet is up on the Jasta5 forum. 

All Red Team / Entente pilots and observers are directed to use it as this helps the commander and the war effort as a whole immensely!

Thanks and good luck S!

VM.jpg

#45 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 April 2019 - 23:13

Ah, good! Thanks for letting us know! 

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#46 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 04 April 2019 - 23:49

Ah, good! Thanks for letting us know! 

Sure thing brother, can't wait for Saturday :)

#47 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 05 April 2019 - 04:59

Achtung!

German intelligence reports indicate increased British railway activity as well as ground and aerial reconnaissance activity in the Reims sector.....analysis suggests an attack is probable in the sector within the next 24-48 hours.....

All leave is cancelled and all pilots are ordered to stations on full alert....

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#48 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 06 April 2019 - 23:44

Guys, I can not take a single item of your rules, nor the balance of the parties, nor a set of planes, anything at all that you came up with. With all my desire to fly on biplanes, I just can not force myself to follow your conditions. I wish you good luck in your event. But sorry - without me.

#49 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:59

After action reports, pictures and videos of this year's Bloody April campaign are viewable here.

http://www.jasta5.or...e00106623254245

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#50 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:27

Last Saturday, I got in at 20:00 GMT in time to begin the daytime missions. I had the pleasure of winging up with Larner, FourSpeed, and Phil! :) However...it had to be in single-gun N.17s. Given how I love to hate that plane, I previously wouldn't touch it if any other alternative was available. However, I may now have to reconsider my verdict: the N.17 did surprisingly well against the Albatrosses, proving itself to be more than a match for them, provided it wasn't fully-loaded with fuel. Got into a nice scrap with 4 Albatros D.IIs after patrolling the lines for a bit. At the end of the fight, I had to wonder why I hadn't done Bloody April all these previous years. I was missing out, for sure!

Despite the fact that a few technical errors caused an early end to the second session, the event organizers handled it professionally, isolated the problem, and reassured the weeping pilots that all would be fixed for next Saturday. Thusly, after drying our tears, we went over to Flying Circus for some furball fun. It was great to fly with I-Got-Shot and some JG1 mates I hadn't flown with in awhile!

Anyway, here's the livestream: (Note - from 01:11:56-1:50:00, the stream is muted due to tactical discussions for Red Team. Since not much goes on during that time period anyway, feel free to skip...you won't miss anything.)

And here is a highlight clip of the N.17 scrap:

Looking forward to next Saturday! :D

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#51 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 11 April 2019 - 16:55

Gentlemen, Entente needs pilots and observers!  Use the sign in sheet and get in on the big show over Reims sector in 48hrs!

Attached Files

#52 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 April 2019 - 23:49

Yesterday's Bloody April campaign was a rousing good time! I got to fly with Phil, Joker, and GUYNEMER in SPAD 7 150s. The weather was very overcast, with lots of fog to go around, so visibility was down to claustrophobic levels. Still, our flight had some very good successes during the first hour and a half of operations.

The next hour and a half saw the German pilots really step up to the plate and give us as good as we had given them. Some very staunch fighting and I barely escaped with my life! Salute to both my wingmen and my Blue Team opponents! I look forward to sharing the April skies with you again in a fortnight! :)

xAKPpvf.jpg

#53 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:31

Also had a great time on Saturday flying Spad 150's with Fourspeed, Loopy and Taffy. We went out early over the lines and stumbled upon a Halberstad 2 seater pretty quickly. We all got separated once the shooting started and his rear gunner gave us hell as he managed to shoot out taffys engine, and holed my petrol tank and radiator, but we put enough rounds into him so that he couldn't complete his mission and he was forced to land. I had to break off and do a forced landing on our side of the lines due to overheating engine.

The next sortie we were split up, with fourspeed and taffy flying together and running into 4 albatrosses east of reims, which didnt end well for them. I arrived too late to be able to help them, and decided to turn back and group up with loopy rather than trying to take on 4 albs by myself! Once grouped up, loopy and I went after a balloon, but there were 2 albs protecting it and, even though we got some good rounds into it, we had to break off and run for home when the albs came down and attacked us (taffy later got the ballon by himself - well done!). They holed both our fuel tanks again and we had to make forced landings again (crash landing for me - damn hills!) close to reims. Loopy and I then did a CAP over one of the air superiority areas for about an hour or so after that before we ran into a lone albatross which we attacked with no result. Somehow I got separated from loopy during this and ran straight into 4 albs slightly above me! Had to firewall the throttle and dive out of there as quickly as possible,  and landed back at my aerodrome with some wing damage sustained from a long range shot  by one of the albs.

Although it was good fun, the weather really wasnt good for the spad because we couldnt climb high enough to be in a good b n z position above our enemies, so we found ourselves forced into turn fights which we had no chance of winning.

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#54 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 25 April 2019 - 14:27

See updated information in original post at top of thread.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#55 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 06 May 2019 - 02:02

See updated information in original post at top of thread - pilot awards issued.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#56 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 13 May 2019 - 15:02

Who won ?

#57 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 13 May 2019 - 17:07

Who won ?

I thought we all played because it was a win-win thing

#58 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:52

Please see the discussion on the official event forum thread (you will need to log in probably).  It is linked in the original post above as announced in in my most recent post above.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users