Photo
- - - - -

List your sticks please.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 MechaMaestro

MechaMaestro

Posted 02 January 2020 - 21:14

Thanks everyone! I wound up picking up a new stick today. To be honest it was time to retire the old girl anyway, especially with my new TM T16000M having rudder controls and multiple buttons and the like. I'm back in the skies over Flanders again and loving it! That said does anyone know how to get the throttle to map properly (Basically when I pull back on the throttle, the engine speeds up, and when I push forward it decreases and I'd like it reversed, I've seen other people have the same problem.)

#42 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 02 January 2020 - 22:58

You need to go to Controls, Curves, then select the Throttle axis and choose to invert the axis.

Or something like that :)

Below you may find the contents of that Powershell file (in my case, ids.ps1) I mentioned.

What I did was to copy
..\Rise of Flight\data\input\standard.actions
to a new
..\Rise of Flight\data\input\J2_Bidu_Agnostic.actions

I replaced ids such as joy0, joy1, ... that showed in it for the corresponding "logical" names that made sense to me, such as joyPedals, joyWarthog, etc. I keep come copy of that id-agnostic file as a backup elsewhere. Reading the original standard.actions file you can easily judge what controls the ids they stand for, and make the correct replacements to prepare this id-agnostic file.

Whenever the ids get screwed up, I quickly check the game to see which controls are now which. If it is not obvious one can always map a few controls and check what numbers they ended up with. Armed with such information, you simply copy the id-agnostic back into the data\input folder, then you edit the Powershell file, getting the joy0, joy1, etc. in the proper places, and in the end run it. Done.

File contents:

((Get-Content -path "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\data\input\J2_Bidu_Agnostic.actions" -Raw) -replace 'joyPedals','joy1') | Set-Content -Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\data\input\J2_Bidu_Agnostic.actions"
((Get-Content -path "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\data\input\J2_Bidu_Agnostic.actions" -Raw) -replace 'joyThrottle1','joy0') | Set-Content -Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\data\input\J2_Bidu_Agnostic.actions"
((Get-Content -path "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\data\input\J2_Bidu_Agnostic.actions" -Raw) -replace 'joyThrottle2','joy2') | Set-Content -Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\data\input\J2_Bidu_Agnostic.actions"
((Get-Content -path "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\data\input\J2_Bidu_Agnostic.actions" -Raw) -replace 'joyWarthog','joy3') | Set-Content -Path "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\data\input\J2_Bidu_Agnostic.actions"

#43 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 03 January 2020 - 00:21

Hey Bidu, interesting little tool you have here. 
I've done this in the past too, but just using search/replace on Notepad. The idea of having such a "backup" with IDs for quick replacement is a good one. 

Thanks for sharing (idea and code) . :icon_e_salute:

#44 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 03 January 2020 - 08:45

Glad you liked it, Joker! Little solutions are underrated eh eh. Miss flying with you. Raker hasn't shown up much lately either (in IL2). S!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users