List your sticks please.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:23

I have this Trust-master T flight Hotas like here:

https://www.amazon.c...4/dp/B015PJ68BK

It's trash, and under 60 days old when I requested T master do something. The had me send a video , the serial number and dated receipt, and told me they would take care of it. Poof they no longer respond to e mail.

So I will buy something else. $150.00 usd or less about  would be nice .

#2 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:08

I use a CH Combatstick, and CH Pro Throttle:

https://www.amazon.c...k/dp/B00006B84W

https://www.amazon.c...ctronics&sr=1-2

They are very good pieces of equipment, extremely durable and pretty precise. New, they're a little spendy, but you can get good deals off eBay. That's where I got mine. ;)

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#3 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:09

The ubiquitous Thrustmaster T16000M FCS joystick as well as T. Flight Rudder Pedals.

The former has been excellent and i'd recommend it especially given its price point, the latter not so much. Its slightly sticky when making very small movements

https://www.amazon.c...CH1YZXMDRC6KA9F

https://www.amazon.c...VZWXQ3QXEGKHXWC

There is a Throttle in the product line too, but no idea how good it is.

https://www.amazon.c...B89ZYTWX7QNKNY1

5g0k0Pw.png                   HaO2aNP.png

#4 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:47

Two joysticks
t16000m
MS-FFB2

Simped pedals
Saitek Trottle quadrant

Track IR5 that is dismantled for the Samsung Odyssey plus
I’m only flying and driving VR nowadays.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#5 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:50

I have this Trust-master T flight Hotas

Ditto, had it years, always been pretty reliable if a bit glitchy..

#6 US103_Doolittle

US103_Doolittle
  • LocationORD

Posted 23 February 2019 - 14:17

VKB SIM Gladiator Mk. II

#7 Dauntless1

Dauntless1

Posted 23 February 2019 - 16:14

I've used CH for years!!  :icon_mad:

#8 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 February 2019 - 16:56

CH, stick and pedals

#9 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 23 February 2019 - 17:21

Thanks all keep it coming. I will have to check out all these links. Thank you .
My issue is a lose rudder. It flaps and wiggles even parked on the field engine off if there is wind. On a real plane you would adjust the cable turn buckles. 

This effect all the planes I can fly . All fighters and 2 seaters. And makes the tight turning planes like Camel and Dr 1 impossible .

#10 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 23 February 2019 - 17:28

The ubiquitous Thrustmaster T16000M FCS joystick as well as T. Flight Rudder Pedals.

The former has been excellent and i'd recommend it especially given its price point, the latter not so much. Its slightly sticky when making very small movements

https://www.amazon.c...CH1YZXMDRC6KA9F

https://www.amazon.c...VZWXQ3QXEGKHXWC

There is a Throttle in the product line too, but no idea how good it is.

https://www.amazon.c...B89ZYTWX7QNKNY1

I was looking at that as a replacement. T master was e-mailing and stopped and I can't find a phone number for them. Supposedly they are an American Company, but the rep I have appears to be in France. According to that rep who refuses to reply, they were going to do something, but never said what . I find it hard to understand no phone number in the USA . This leaves me wondering about just who I was really in contact with .

#11 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 23 February 2019 - 17:32

Ditto, had it years, always been pretty reliable if a bit glitchy..

If you ever took the unit apart to lube or service it a few words on How To might be in order. I am a x foreign car tech and can do detail well, but I am not interested in tiny springs and detent balls flying thru the air much . :) 

#12 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 23 February 2019 - 20:29

I've got the thrustmaster t160000000000000000000000000000000000000000 as well, with the separate throttle quadrant. I picked it up a few months ago after the ol'logitech 3d got all $30 soaked out of her. It's a great stick and combined with the throttle quadrant you have more buttons than you have things to set them as. It's been really fun tightening up my controls with it. I dont have pedals.

#13 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 23 February 2019 - 20:49

Hotas Warthog, and two MSFFB2 waiting in line.

2 Saitek Throttle Quadrants (well, one is branded Logitech now...)

Saitek Cessna rudder pedals

DelanClip pseudo-trackIR

#14 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 23 February 2019 - 20:57

If you ever took the unit apart to lube or service it a few words on How To might be in order. I am a x foreign car tech and can do detail well, but I am not interested in tiny springs and detent balls flying thru the air much . :)

Haha, well I never gave it any love tbh. It gets thrown around, dropped on the floor, covered in beer and snacks and that's about it... I even part melted the cable once..

#15 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:49

MS-FFB2 
backup 
MS-FFB2 

backup backup MS-FFB2 
T16000m 

Other sticks I would consider buing are Thrustmaster Warthog /CH Fighterstick (Warthog if you want hard spring that your hand is forcing out of center, Fighterstick if you want soft spring and sticks that follows your hand). Or, more cheapily, VKB SIM Gladiator. 

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#16 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:59

Logitech G940 set. The stick is pretty good (hall sensors), but the pedals have a pot and it is pretty bad. The whole set has problems and require some modifications to work properly and last, but FFB is a must for me and the G940 do its job well. If I recall correctly, FFB is way superior than the budget Logitech Force 3d Pro. I was intending to build a DIY pedal, but I have little time for it and arduinos are a maze and the tutorials are too advanced for me.

By the way, does anyone know anything about the copyright of force feedback expiring this year? It seems to be proprietary of Logitech. Is that right? Any news of good sticks or sets with force feedback being released in the coming years after the copyright expires?

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#17 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 25 February 2019 - 14:59

MS FFB2 is the way to go in RoF. You can get one for under 100 USD on ebay.

#18 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 25 February 2019 - 15:09

I had a chance to buy a FFB2 (USB) in good conditions for a good price but it is just the stick. My throttle and pedals have to be plugged into the joystick, so I would lose the whole set.

I think FFB2 is more suited for who is going to buy the whole set separately (stick, pedals and throttle). I also heard that the effects are not that strong (force) as the G940. From what I have been reading, the G940 stick is a good piece of hardware. I personally have no complaints.

The ideal would be a new set coming in with new technology. Or I could just get some new pedals (I need to start my DIY pedals).

#19 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 25 February 2019 - 17:45

What do you mean "have to be plugged into the joystick"?

#20 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 25 February 2019 - 18:29

What do you mean "have to be plugged into the joystick"?

In the photo below (the stick unit), the two lower cables comes from the throttle and the pedals. The upper cable is the USB connection, and the plug without a cable is for the power cord.

UNJqion.jpg

Perhaps I could mod the thing and create an arduino to plug the pedal and the throttle without the need of the stick unit, but I would only do that if the stick gets broken.

#21 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 25 February 2019 - 18:44

Ah right. Now I understand what you're saying.

#22 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:49

Cheapo $30 Logitech Extreme-3D Pro for me...

#23 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 10 March 2019 - 18:07

Well Tmaster sent me the same thing...  I offered to spend more to get the T 16,000 but they don't do things like the way most businesses do . So I have a spare T Flightmaster I guess.

During the 1 month long discussion I became frustrated to the point that I watched some video on youtube. Most of the video's were on the T 16,000 and not my exact model , but I guessed it would be close enough .

I do some work like this in the real world and so know what proximity switches are . The one for the rudder was obvious, and there is a steel embedded pin as a sensor for the switch to work. The switch knows where it is in relation to this pin.

The switch had a white goo like spider web but was not real spider web, and the goo was elastic in nature. It tugged on the swiveling  proximity switch which was loose in it's holder. That made it quivver, and I saw that as a wiggly rudder even with the engine off sitting on the runway .

I cleaned off the goo what ever it was. Next I loosened the thumb screw so far as it can be loosened, and use silicone grease on the gibleled stick swivel joint applying the grease with a long needle for sewing canvass and leather . I worked the stick in gimble every whichy way , and it no longer creeks and grinds. In fact I left that thumb screw on the bottom as loose as it can be.

From the day I made contact with Tmaster it took 32 days to get the replacement stick, and I had the issue fixed several days before that not knowing what they would do. So from me they get 1 star, and I won't be a customer of theirs again .

I would have gladly paid another 100 dollars for an upgrade . So the SAGA of the T Flight Master is a dead issue. I may still buy another upgraded stick, but it won't be from them.

In life and in the game there are many things I don't know, but I know all my customers are always right and if they are not, they are not my customers anymore. 

#24 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 10 March 2019 - 18:27

There seems to be a serious quality issue with Logitech/Saitek also.

#25 SYN_Skydance

SYN_Skydance

Posted 12 March 2019 - 00:26

I have a MS FFB2 stick but prefer my Thrustmaster Warthog.

I highly recommend investing in some rudder pedals instead of twisting the stick. It may take you a little while to get used to but it is well worth it.

#26 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 12 March 2019 - 16:52

TM Warthog + (very old but still going) TM Elite Pedals.

Planning on converting pedals to hall sensors and add toe breaks.

#27 US103_Doolittle

US103_Doolittle
  • LocationORD

Posted 12 March 2019 - 18:24

never mind...

#28 Lt.Vaughn

Lt.Vaughn

Posted 16 March 2019 - 00:27

I too, have the Logitech G940 three piece system. (pedals, 2 throttles and flight stick) combo mounted on a modified DIY Side Stick Frame.

https://support.logi...ght-system-g940

https://www.rogerdod..._side_joystick/

I traded in my Logitech WingMan Extreme joystick on a promotional $30. US rebate at the time (circa 2011) for the new G940.

Logitech to my knowledge never resolved the  "reversing" controls startup problem with the throttles and ultimately discontinued its production. IMHO, as long as you have the abilities to "workaround" its quirks it IS a nice system.

I still, to this day, love the G940 because it has Force Feedback with a realistic flight controls feel. Until Haptic, HyperSense or another superior technology supplants FFB I will continue to use it.

Lt. Vaughn   :icon_e_salute:

Tony Stark is my pilot.

#29 maxwellman

maxwellman

Posted 16 March 2019 - 18:08

I am using a Logitech extreme 3D Pro.... so far works great on all my flight sims

#30 gpdeering

gpdeering

Posted 20 March 2019 - 12:19

Saitek X52. Very nice stick and throttle. I picked it at Best Buy several years ago, but didn't have much time with it till now. Logitech owns the legacy Saitek hardware now, I believe. And the current Logitech driver runs it well on my Samsung Odyssey laptop.

I'm not very experienced yet with Rise of Flight. (Very steep learning curve compared to Dynamix Red Baron and Aces of the Pacific--that was a long time ago...

#31 gpdeering

gpdeering

Posted 20 March 2019 - 16:43

I wanted to add that, since I'm still learning Rise of Flight controls, the TrackIR seems pretty interesting. Red Baron and Aces of the Pacific let you fly "3rd person " (behind your plane). And that helped quite a bit for situational awareness. I just stink being a newbie and trying to constantly adjust my view to find the enemy and re-centering it to aim and fire. I keep forgetting how which keys do what and how I mapped my X52 POV.

Anything to help myself get past that learning curve faster...

#32 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 20 March 2019 - 18:19

TrackIR seems pretty interesting.

TrackIR is a game changer if you don't plan to buy VR and fly in Flying Circus. But note that some old aces never used TrackIR. But I could not live without mine. I would simply stop flying in ROF and BOX. And some people experience motion sickness. But it is worthy the try. If you get used to it, you will never go back to key bindings.

#33 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 20 March 2019 - 18:35

There are several TrackIR solutions to suit your purse and bricolage skills...

#34 Jim0265

Jim0265
  • LocationIowa

Posted 04 August 2019 - 22:24

Hello all! I'm just getting into ROF, as I finally have an updated computer now, but have played other flight sims over the years, it's just been a while.

I have an older Saitex X52 I'm starting to getting set up, so far so good. I do have some questions (mainly trying to figure out how to reverse the axis on my throttle) but will post those in the appropriate rooms.

Looking forward to getting this game going!

#35 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:44

Welcome, Jim! You should be advised that there is a major change in progress, which is the Flying Circus game in the IL2 series. ROF will not see further developments, it seems, the development team is doing its best to get the new gamd out. It is available as an Early Release, but has no WW1 map yet. In the end, FC vol. 1 will have only a fraction of ROF's planes. But it's built on a new engine, with better graphics and VR support. Also, the business model is different, no free version.

Still, ROF is currently your best game, as things stand. Multiplayer activity is low however, people starting to move across. But you can still fly one or two weekly evenfs, and the major community battles every so often.

See you out there! S!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users