- - - - -

Question re campaign start dates on pwcg

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SiPinto

SiPinto

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:01

Hi,

I was wondering how you can alter the campaign start dates on pwcg? Specifically, the USAS, which defaults to 01/05/1918. When looking at the squadron dates, they start earlier than that in some instances so is there a way to move the campaign start date?

Thanks

#2 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:56

Hiya, you can edit the files for each squadron in PWCG, I'm going to assume you're using 3.3.2, the most recent version?

In your main ROF folder you should see a folder called 'PWCGCampaign'

Inside there open RofData/Input/Squadron and in there you'll see all the units listed. They are .json files, I would recommend opening them with Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Attached File  13 Aero.jpg   116.04KB   0 downloads

You can see that this is the 13th Aero, starting on 28 June 1918, which is correct in this instance. You can edit these dates, and anything else in the file, but ANY missing comma/colon/bracket etc will nobble PWCG and you might find it won't open at all, so if you want to have a mess around make sure you keep a back up of the original file!

I haven't done this myself, but I often edit files to add skins. I guess if Malzeville aerodrome doesn't exist before that date then that could be a problem, I don't see a file with aerodromes in so can't check that.

I'm pretty sure Pat was careful with his dates in the first instance I wonder what unit(s) you think is incorrect?

S!

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#3 SiPinto

SiPinto

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:24

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.
I've explored the 'SquadronInfo' file already. I've changed the 'plane' start date back to 01/03/18 and also the airfield start date to 01/03/18, however when I start PWCG and start a USAS campaign it still defaults to a start date of 01/05/18. So the relevant details must be somewhere else

#4 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:35

Hmmm....try 1st Aero, they should start flying strutters on 8th April 1918 at Souilly Aerodrome according to their entry..

Spammers are not my thing...except for the one with the massive k******s. I was impressed with that one.

#5 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:44

Ah, you are correct....it will go back no further than 1/5/18....

I've had a quick poke around in the other files and can't see anywhere obvious that would be editable to change this date..curious...

#6 SiPinto

SiPinto

Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:58

Yeah I've tried a few dates and no joy. I'm wondering if it's hardcoded into ROF itself.

Thanks for your help though.

#7 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 13 February 2019 - 16:48

Yeah, may be?

I know there's a bunch of stuff that Pat couldn't change in the game, maybe this was one? Surprising mind....?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users