- - - - -

Noob question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JonnyT94

JonnyT94

Posted 07 February 2019 - 19:53

Hi,

I've recently installed the sim and have set up my joystick controls, the way I like them. Since I cannot use a TrakIR setup I use padlock view to help with situational awareness, then switch to cockpit view when in firing position. I have assigned a joystick button for each separate view to switch back and forth, for the single and quick missions this works fine. However, when I enter into a campaign or career mode, the padlock view no longer works. I have checked each and every time before I begin a mission in both the mission settings and the main game settings that my controls are set properly and checked in the list of settings for the mission. I have also tried to assign different buttons on the joystick thinking it could be a hardware bug, although the calibration program shows the stick in perfect working order. I have searched through this forum for similar issues and fixes but have not found any related topics to my problem.

Other than this problem, everything else works fine, I have also searched through the manual without finding anything meaningful to help explain why it only affects the career and campaign modes. If there is a setting somewhere for these particular mission modes other than the settings on each mission page and the main settings I cannot seem to locate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

JonnyT

System: HP Pavilion windows 10 laptop

Thrustmaster T-Flightstick X

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 07 February 2019 - 20:25

I am in no way affiliated with any Track IR solution, but there are great solutions under £40, if you want to buy, or dirt cheap if you have a hand with assembling electronic stuff, nothing too sophisticated I hear.

I'm just saying it because it's such a game changer.

#3 JonnyT94

JonnyT94

Posted 07 February 2019 - 21:25

I am in no way affiliated with any Track IR solution, but there are great solutions under £40, if you want to buy, or dirt cheap if you have a hand with assembling electronic stuff, nothing too sophisticated I hear.

I'm just saying it because it's such a game changer.

Thanks J2_Bidu,

The problem is I connect my laptop to my big screen tv and cameras would be too far away, plus I have smooth game play now and I don't know how far I can stress my video memory on this laptop. For now I'll use the controls and views in the game. And on that note, I did figure out my issue, multiple assignments to controller functions, so problem is solved.

#4 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 07 February 2019 - 21:44

You could always just use your mouse to look around. That's what I did forever before I got my TIR. I still revert back to it when I scan for enemies.

#5 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 07 February 2019 - 22:07

The problem is I connect my laptop to my big screen tv and cameras would be too far away, plus I have smooth game play now and I don't know how far I can stress my video memory on this laptop. For now I'll use the controls and views in the game. And on that note, I did figure out my issue, multiple assignments to controller functions, so problem is solved.

Well, there is no real added stress to your GPU by using TrackIR. Some CPU, yeah. But I believe it is minimal.

I don't know how people playing on TVs solve the camera issue, but the camera doesn't have to physically be close to the TV. Mine is just under it, but might as well be on some static place in between me and my monitor. I've had it on top, at the bottom, and works fairly well all the same.

But there are also solutions based on other principles, which make do without the camera. You may want to check EDTracker.

I used to be one of the mouse view guys. But it was stressing my arm and neck. A free hand is great to control the throttle etc.

Anyway, a good thing your original problem is solved!  :)

#6 Czech693

Czech693
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 February 2019 - 19:51

Hi,

I've recently installed the sim and have set up my joystick controls, the way I like them. Since I cannot use a TrakIR setup I use padlock view to help with situational awareness, then switch to cockpit view when in firing position. I have assigned a joystick button for each separate view to switch back and forth, for the single and quick missions this works fine. However, when I enter into a campaign or career mode, the padlock view no longer works. I have checked each and every time before I begin a mission in both the mission settings and the main game settings that my controls are set properly and checked in the list of settings for the mission. I have also tried to assign different buttons on the joystick thinking it could be a hardware bug, although the calibration program shows the stick in perfect working order. I have searched through this forum for similar issues and fixes but have not found any related topics to my problem.

Other than this problem, everything else works fine, I have also searched through the manual without finding anything meaningful to help explain why it only affects the career and campaign modes. If there is a setting somewhere for these particular mission modes other than the settings on each mission page and the main settings I cannot seem to locate it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

JonnyT

System: HP Pavilion windows 10 laptop

Thrustmaster T-Flightstick X

Did you toggle Padlock on in the settings for Career and Campaign?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users