- - - - -

RoF keeps crashing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Gromey

Gromey
  • LocationHalifax West Yorkshire

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:29

Salute gents hope somebody can be of help.

Late last year I completely updated my PC. started with a 6gb GTX 1060 then in October last year I rebuilt my system in a new corsair x580 crystal glass case, Went with a Ryzen 5 2600x with a Gigabyte Aorus Elite motherboard along with 16GB of DDR 4 Corsair vengeance LPX 3200, AIO water cooler new 650 watt Be quite PSU. Lovely  PC does everything I want and or need. However I recently returned to ROF in fact last week I splurged on whole new bunch of RoF planes. So I have a damn fine system running latest version of Windows 10 honestly the PC is overkill for both RoF and Il2 however I keep getting a random crash I'm beginning to think is a graphics setting. But when it crashes it takes windows out too. Big black screen GPU fans run at 100% and the system needs a hard reset. Event viewer is showing a 7031 and a 7032 error. Not sure what it would be or how to sort this one out. In game graphics settings are quite high but no super sampling of any kind is running that I'm aware of. Other hardware.. Track IR 5 with a clip. Thrustmaster t16000 (pedals, stick and throttle).

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 03 February 2019 - 16:31

Not much info. Chech these two links maybe:

http://www.tomshardw...er-crashes.html

Sometimes when you move a computer, things can shift slightly - you might want to check your motherboard is secure to the case (I would suggest loosening all of the screws a bit, and make sure it is seated in the proper position, then tighten the screws (don't torque too hard)).

A loose connection and/or a card that isn't seated properly can create issues.

https://forums.evga....e-m2556948.aspx

I have a GTX 1070 FTW and I installed it 5 days ago and today I got black screen and very noisy fans it happened when I was playing Dark Souls 3 for about 2 hours and in the middle of a boss fight I got the black screen and now whenever I launch a game, lets say for example The Witcher 3, five minutes later my screen goes black and my GPU fans gets noisy and I have to restart my PC. even though my GPU temp rarely reach 72c before all that start to happen.
Here's my spec
CPU : i7 3770 3.4 Ghz. 
GPU : NVIDIA™ EVGA GTX 1070 FTW 8GB 
RAM : Kingston HyperX 16 GB (8x2) 1600Mhz. 
MB : Gigabyte GA-Z77 D3H. 
HDD : Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache + 2TB Seagate SSHD 
SDD : SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120 GB, Crosair Force LX 512 GB. 
PSU : Cooler Master M2 850w Silent Pro Silver 80+. 
Cooler : Xigmatek Dark Knight. 

Also I have not overclocked my GPU also its not on KBOOST mode.

I'm really worried about my GPU I hope its not damaged.

I also got my problems in games, Dying Light and Mirrors Edge.
In Dying Light I can't run it on fullscreen otherwise I get a blackscreen (not a GPU overheating) and I have to kill it through Task Manager. but Mirror's Edge Catalyst is a different story. game runs fine but I get weird white fog which is very close to Faith "Character" 

Also it weird that MSI Afterburner says my GPU temp reached 75c also before that it reached 94c when I was playing Witcher 3 and I was looking at the GPU temp and it stays at 71 at must of the time.
Also my GPU temp has never gone above 72c till today when all of this start happening.
I also switched from AMD to Nvidia without formating my PC. But I deleted AMD drivers through DDU.

Sorry for my English and thanks for reading.

Update: I fixed the issue finally, it was caused by a power pin I haven't installed correctly. now things are back to normal. 

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 03 February 2019 - 17:36

Could be something wrong with your RAM. Check at the Gigabyte website if the combination mobo/2600X supporting your RAM.
Test the system the free memtest86 https://www.memtest86.com/
Another point is that as it seems at the Il2 forum the game engine is singlecore application. While I still think it isn’t, atleast not in my CPU readings. So if this is true then your AMD which is bad at singlecore applications, could maybe give troubles. You could try a strestester like OCCT, which does have an temperatuur sensing included, or Prime. If it fails, you know were to search.

edit: https://www.tomshard...guide,5461.html
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 Gromey

Gromey

Posted 04 February 2019 - 22:52

Motherboard and RAM speed even overclocked are compatible (checked at time of purchase.) I went with higher speed RAM knowing that Ryzen loves higher speed RAM. The CPU is at stock boosting to 4.2 GHZ as it should. The motherboard is very secure. No signs of any shorts. All the cables run behind the motherboard tray. As for CPU usage the 2600x just sips power and doesnt break a sweat. Single threaded performance might be just shy of latest intel stuff but its more than overkill for RoF.

Slight update. Lowered some settings from max to high and not had a crash since Sunday. I've done lots of sorties. 2 variables I can replicate. If I turn on any kind of super sampling I can pretty much get a crash within one free flight mission over the city. On the Channel map its only crashed twice within the campaign. Flanders map is more stable. As for CPU temps the aio is also overkill and the CPU never gets higher that 52c at full load. Will try a stress test with OCCT see what how it can abuse my CPU :icon_e_salute:  Checked the video card is seated correctly. I reinstalled latest drivers after cleaning the old ones with DDU in safe mode. Then reinstalled the drivers.

Thanks for the help. Ill keep looking into it.

#5 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 05 February 2019 - 02:56

If I turn on any kind of super sampling I can pretty much get a crash within one free flight mission over the city. 

If you're talking about the supersampling setting in the game's launcher settings (left side under post effects) then you are right NOT to ever tick that box under any circumstances - it was a failed attempt by the devs early on and should never be used at this point.

As for other kinds of supersampling, with the nVidia cards I've run the game over the last 8 years or so with all sorts of supersampling settings (sparse grid at 2x or 4x works best for eliminating ground shimmering) without problems, but I haven't used any AMD cards since maybe 2011 or so (never could get them to run any sort of supersampling mode that would actually get rid of the shimmering in RoF) so I can't speak to whether they still have supersampling-related problems. (Sounds like they might, from your description). 

Glad you at least seem to have gotten it to work at some level, anyway.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#6 Gromey

Gromey

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:48

Yea it looks super pretty, but that crash or the approximate 10 or so crashes are quite troubling due to the nature of them on a new PC. So as far as super sampling is concerned, am I safe to add some variation of super sampling via NVidia control panel profile for ROF?

#7 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 05 February 2019 - 15:30

Somehow got misdirected by your AMD CPU and thought you had an AMD graphics card, but I see you're using nVidia for that.  So yeah, you should be OK to add supersampling from the nVidia control panel, though I've found better results by using nVidia Inspector to set sparse grid to 2x to get rid of the shimmering the best.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#8 Gromey

Gromey

Posted 05 February 2019 - 15:38

Really does look incredible :) thanks for that litte tip. Time to go hunt some boch chaps Co getting antsy and my armorer just handed me a token knuckle duster and my polished 45. Dad will be so proud of me when i get my VC.  :icon_mad:  :D

Quick update. It appears it was non of the things mentioned in previous posts but actually my old monitor or rather an old 24 inch TV I was forced to repurpose so today I went a purchased myself a brand spanking new 32 in 1440p monitor and oh is it glorious. No black screen crash issues an RoF looks incredible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users