Photo
- - - - -

Thank god the wall came down..

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scarpo

Scarpo

Posted 11 December 2009 - 17:01

I was trained at a military school in the states to fight a European land battle against the "evil" russian empire…. I am very glad I wasted my time and it never came to fruition…. If it did we wouldnt have RISE OF FLIGHT!! I am a big fan of the games initial entry into the sim world. I fly Warbirds and even though it is dated with graphics it is still a super community.

I hope ROF builds a great community. It would be nice to see a central server that can handle on going battles. PVP is where its at. The ROF career is good but going on autopilot until the poop hits the fan is somewhat boring. It would be nice to get jumped by random patrols once in a while.

In an ideal world I would love to see better snap views. Every time I snap it zooms in and I cant get it to draw back out without hot keying the zoom out effect. Other then that it is an absolutely STELLAR game.
Thanks for taking the time to design it with a lot of love and attention to detail. It has been a long time since someone addressed the hard core flight sim market with such a super product.
My wife would like you to turn down the engine sounds since it completely drowns out her honey do requests!! LOL

#2 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 11 December 2009 - 18:49

In an ideal world I would love to see better snap views. Every time I snap it zooms in and I cant get it to draw back out without hot keying the zoom out effect. Other then that it is an absolutely STELLAR game.

Hi Scarpo,

Simple. Your world is about to become ideal!

Before you take off on your next mission:

1.) Press your key or js button to snap to the desired view, and hold it down.
2.) Adjust the zoom level with that zoom out effect key to match the level of zoom in your default forward view.
3.) Press F10 and release it as well as the button or key.
4.) Recheck the snap view you just changed for proper zoom level or return to 1.).
5.) Adjust all your snap views the same way as 1.)- 4.) above.
6.) Take off and catch up to your flight - they're leaving without ya'. ;)

Enjoy your ideal world!

<S!>

#3 von_Heimler

von_Heimler
  • LocationChilliwack, BC Canada

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:12

I hope ROF builds a great community. It would be nice to see a central server that can handle on going battles. PVP is where its at. The ROF career is good but going on autopilot until the poop hits the fan is somewhat boring. It would be nice to get jumped by random patrols once in a while.

I agree with you scarpo and I believe that the RoF community is becoming very good, there are a lot of great people here with awesome ideas. About the random patrols I've already encountered enemy patrols and dogfights in full swing on my way to some missions, you can certainly jump in the action especially if you are the flight leader and give the order to attack nearest air.

These are a rare occurrence though and could definitely be increased in a future update.

Cheers,

BlueNinja

Signature_zpsy2runyft.jpg

"Become an Ace by mastering your aircraft!"

#4 Scarpo

Scarpo

Posted 12 December 2009 - 18:34

Thanks! will try that…

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users