* * * * * 1 votes

FiF 2019 Winter campaign

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 09 January 2019 - 17:25

bn6.jpg

Welcome to the Flanders in Flames 2019: Winter Campaign!

rodserling_twlightzone.jpg?dl=0

You unlock this door with the key of imagination.

Beyond it is another dimension—a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the FIF Zone.

Incident 18 nautical miles north east of Calais.  On the south eastern shores of England.  Time: 1916.  War spits out its violence overhead and the mud-filled graveyard of the trenches, pushed into new lands, reaches forth to swallow it up.

Before you are the faces of the young men who fight. As if some omniscient painter had mixed a tube of oils that were at one time earth brown, dust gray, blood red, beard black, and fear - yellow white, and these men are the models. For this is the province of combat and these are the faces of war.

From William Shakespeare, Richard the Third, a small excerpt. The line reads, 'He has come to open the purple testament of bleeding war.' And for the unknown pilots of the R.A.F. and the German Luftstreitkräfte, the testament is closed. These unsung faces of conflict have found the FIF Zone.

S! All    

This is a very early plane set. A new area for FiF. The Germans get to use a float plane for the Spy and the Spy may be on a submarine or by a river.

Info at JG1 forums

example of a map for this series

2019_FiF%20winter%20odd.jpg

sig9.png

#2 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 09 January 2019 - 18:43

...Interesting....very interesting...

Very early plane-set, eh? Sounds like the two-seater boys might be in for a fun FiF ;) 

aoh1rvd.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#3 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 09 January 2019 - 20:43

Can’t wait for this one S!

#4 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 09 January 2019 - 22:09

I see pot has finally been legalized in your State!  :icon_lol:

Hell, pass me the smoke! I'm in!  :icon_mad:

#5 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 09 January 2019 - 22:57

I see pot has finally been legalized in your State!  :icon_lol:

Hell, pass me the smoke! I'm in!  :icon_mad:

What the....... ? :huh:

Looks like fun. Better start knockin the rust off the old motorized kites.

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#6 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 10 January 2019 - 13:57

This is going to be fun. It will be nice to use some flying boats for a change. They are collecting dust (rust) on hangar...

#7 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 12 January 2019 - 17:56

'I see pot has finally been legalized in your State!' Yours too I believe Bidu  :icon_eek:

This will be good, better get in some practice!

:icon_e_salute:

#8 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 12 January 2019 - 22:27

'I see pot has finally been legalized in your State!' Yours too I believe Bidu  :icon_eek:

This will be good, better get in some practice!

:icon_e_salute:

b17cce305734368fbafecb0e257300b4.jpg

#9 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 13 January 2019 - 23:53

...Interesting....very interesting...

Very early plane-set, eh? Sounds like the two-seater boys might be in for a fun FiF ;)

Of course this is the most interesting placeset of what may be in RoF. Previously, the Cuban put these planes on his server on Sundays, but the girls constantly complained and cried about them, it was difficult for them to fly. Therefore, now there is no place to fly online at all (sometimes Archie puts them). Also, the FIF series always began with such a pleiset, but the last time we missed, because of the flying circus and the advertising of its planes.
And yes, bombers will have more trump cards than usual, especially Roland

#10 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 14 January 2019 - 00:13

:-) Larner, you now have beautiful and big forum posts! But when you will wear prizes on the pants - be careful - do not prick your friend with a needle! ;-)

Attached Files

#11 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:44

Toto, we're not in Kansas Flanders anymore...

Dorothy_and_Toto.jpg

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#12 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:19

Lol

#13 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 15 January 2019 - 15:16

S! All

We are getting things ready for a Dry run on 26 January 2019 at the usual time.

Information about planes, maps, rules, schedule   etc.

The JG1 server will be running a practice map on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. This will allow people to get familiar with the map and planes. The in game start time is 13:45. If you get on the server and there is not enough time to do the mission you want, you can restart the mission by killing a balloon at the two seater base.

Saturday after FiF, Sunday, Monday until 9 pm Eastern North American time and Wednesdays, the JG1 server will be running a Flying Circus program.

sig9.png

#14 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 18 January 2019 - 18:02

Hmm... the J30 RoF FiF Server seems to be password protected.

#15 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 23 January 2019 - 17:22

S! All

This Saturday, 26,January, 2019, there will be a Dry Run for Flanders in Flames Winter campaign. It may be Winter but the map is set to summer. Blue team starts as Central. Red team starts as Entente. Because this is a Dry Run, there is no death penalty other than the usual 5 minutes before you fly again.

Special features for this campaign:

Central will be using the W-12 float plane for spy pick up.

The Spy may be on a submarine in the large northern bay.

The Spy plane can land along the coast line or rivers on the Central side to complete the mission. He does not need to return to an active base.

Instead of flak units along the Central coast, there are German Cruisers.

The flak fence in NML has been changed to machine guns. 1 km  is still the recommended altitude for crossing the front.

As usual the General Capture and Spy plane can return to anywhere in friendly territory to complete their mission.

The Prisoner Rescue plane must return to an active friendly airfield.

sig9.png

#16 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 24 January 2019 - 20:18

I am somewhat disappointed to report that RL is getting in the way of the Dry Run Mission on Saturday... make that extremely!

I have been flying a Roland in practice as well!!

Hope all goes well. Good Luck to everyone, BUT slightly more luck to the Blues!

:icon_e_salute: All

:icon_e_biggrin:  :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin:  

#17 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 January 2019 - 14:32

Can I join in with this iteration of FIF, or is it a bit late? I am registered since long ago I think, and am happy to go to either team. Also, what is the "usual time" for the event?

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#18 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 26 January 2019 - 17:31

Can I join in with this iteration of FIF, or is it a bit late? I am registered since long ago I think, and am happy to go to either team. Also, what is the "usual time" for the event?

People have always been more than welcome to join at all times, so I don't think you'll be treated differently, not with that Avatar anyway.  :)

it's usually Saturdays UTC 18:00-20:00, IIRC, or 18:00-22:30 or so, when there are two rounds (side switching). It goes on for a few weeks (8?).

#19 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 27 January 2019 - 16:29

Welcome!

Please check in the FiF section and post in the general area.  Usual start time is 2:00 pm eastern North American time.  You are registered for the forums. I am not sure what team you were  placed in. Will check with Klaiber. 

sig9.png

#20 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 27 January 2019 - 21:30

Usual start time is 2:00 pm eastern North American time. 

Dear Sir ! What time did you specify? I do not know where to look for such a place on the map! Is it Mexico or Canada? I know the international standard UTC. Maybe it is worth expressing your thoughts in such a way that it would be clear to everyone?

#21 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 27 January 2019 - 21:52

19.00 UTC/ 20.00 CET

#22 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:52

Welcome!

Please check in the FiF section and post in the general area.  Usual start time is 2:00 pm eastern North American time.  You are registered for the forums. I am not sure what team you were  placed in. Will check with Klaiber. 

Hi Flashy, you're registered on the Blue Team, and should have access to the Blue Team area on the JG1 boards.

http://forum.jg1.org...istered-pilots/

Let me know if you don't have access.

The Blue Team uses Jasta 5's TeamSpeak.  If you need that information, it should be in the Blue Team section.  Or you can head over to the Jasta 5 website.

Start time is as Oorpii describes: http://forum.jg1.org...lames-calendar/

Hope this helps!

Klaiber_long_ROF.png?dl=0
Hals - und Beinbruch!

#23 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:27

Thanks everyone! I saw I was still on the blue team  spreadsheet from last time I played, so I just jumped on the practice mission on saturday with Trupobaw and Bidu and we flew some fun missions in the Roland. Looking forward to the start of the real event!

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#24 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 04 February 2019 - 06:05

S! All

Session one got off to a rocky start because I had corrupted the server file somehow. Fixed now.

Blue team had a problem with the rescue mission. When completed, it did NOT give a secondary. Well the mission is perfect. Naturally. I flew the mission and NO secondary. I slapped the guy around and he would not talk. I looked the mission over. The trigger for the complete subtitle also activates the secondary mechanism. Not only is there a single trigger but there is a backup. I replaced the primary and backup and it works fine. ( famous last words )

Red team had a secondary subtitle with the correct name of the town but the wrong sector location. Corrected.

Entente airbase at Firnsted is placed close to some trees. People were spawning in the trees. The base was moved forward. The shadows look strange but it works.

m2.jpg

Next- I found some invisible object at Sole Street airfield. It took quite a while to fully locate the entire anomaly. I was eventually able to mark the invisible structure and move the airbase. Do not fly near the water towers.

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

sig9.png

#25 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 04 February 2019 - 18:14

Butzell, you know this work is granting you a seat upgrade in Heaven, don't you? From up there you may just be able to hear the screams of the mission editor programmers ;)

#26 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 13 February 2019 - 16:01

S! All

We have gone through the first half of phase A. Now we switch sides. Blue team will fly Entente and Red team will fly Central. 

Please remember FE2b is allowed two guns up front. The Roland and W-12 are not allowed two guns in the rear. Only one gun for the back seat.

We have seen some glitches where a secondary mission is not activating. I have checked, checked and re-checked. No explanation.  Sorry.

sig9.png

#27 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 20 February 2019 - 20:43

This weekend I wont be flying, good luck everyone. Salute

#28 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 23 February 2019 - 18:12

This weekend I wont be flying, good luck everyone. Salute

Alas, luck is a poor and unreliable replacement... :( see you next week!

#29 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 27 February 2019 - 15:36

S! All

Congrats to Blue team on their victory in phase A !    :icon_e_salute:

The early plane set is always a challenge. We had some very good fights.

In session 4, the Red team had two planes hit invisible objects. One was found at the hangars of the airfield for Prison 1 on the Entente side. Still trying to find the other object.

Now it is time for phase B ......... new planes, new challenges!

sig9.png

#30 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 27 February 2019 - 23:46

It was very challenging Butzzell, but I think I speak for all when I say we had a great time.

Looking forward to the next phase! Thanks for all you do!

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#31 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 04 March 2019 - 20:08

S! All

We are in phase B. Our first session was very exciting. The fight at the end was epic- planes everywhere. More like the battle of Midway with both teams throwing planes at each other. Unfortunately with that many planes all in one place there were several collisions. I am sure there are people on both sides that think some of it was intentional. It is easy to say that it takes two to tango. That is not always the case. Planes get damaged. Pilots get wounded. Wings hide other planes. Someone has a higher ping. Shit happens. I would hope no one is intentionally ramming another pilot. That is just poor sportsmanship. The goal is to have aerial combat not bumper planes.

Be that as it may, a JG1 pilot made a comment in open chat. That is unacceptable and against the rules. He has been admonished. 

If any pilot feels that another pilot has violated one of the FIF rules, or has acted in manner that is not in the spirit of FIF, he should wait until the session is over and report the incident to his team commander.

Just a reminder. All 2 seaters may have just one gun in the rear. Likewise, be careful with the Halb Cl.II. It is allowed only one gun in the front. Do not use 2 guns on the front of the Halb Cl.II

• Limit two-seaters to their default armaments, with one or two forward-firing machine guns and only one rear-firing machine gun.

The W12 had two guns front because that was the default and could not be changed. The default for the Halb Cl.II is only one gun.

OK now lets go out there and kill each other !

sig9.png

#32 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 13 March 2019 - 21:17

S! All

This week we switch sides. Blue team is Entente and Red team is Central.

To all: "May your plane be swift, your aim be true and your enemy vanquished."

good luck !

sig9.png

#33 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 15 March 2019 - 20:54

Hope to make it. Although I did rather poorly last week... Meet you all there!

#34 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 March 2019 - 20:16

Good fun tonight, thanks gents! Continued my streak of being shot down in every session, but never killed :P

#35 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:27

S! All

Only one more session. We have had some very good fights. Unfortunately in the heat of battle things can get out of hand. We have seen some unfortunate things said in chat. This is not good sportsmanship. Accusations in open chat are not acceptable. Participants engaging in this behavior will be sanction according to the rules and code of conduct. If you have something that needs attention please go through your team commander

sig9.png

#36 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 20 March 2019 - 15:19

"Do not regret his death, regret his crimes that made him deserve it."
"Sire, you speak of man who may be sitting at Lords' house already."
"I'd rather have him take more lawful patch to absolution"
(Louis XIII "The Just" and French bishop, just after an execution)

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#37 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 21 March 2019 - 19:56

Looking forward to this week end!

#38 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:27

The FIF 2019 "Winter Campaign" has officially come to an end!

After 8-weeks of bloody fighting, the Blue Team has emerged victorious over the skies of England!  Well done!

This campaign was extremely hard fought, with many great battles.  The fact that it was all early warbirds made it even more challenging and exciting.  While I wasn't able to fly, I very much enjoyed hearing about people's sorties, watching videos and seeing screenshots of the action.  I hope everyone had as much fun as it looked.

Please help me to also congratulate the Red Team on their outstanding job!  While they may not have achieved victory in the Winter Campaign, the Spring Campaign is right around the corner (after Jasta 5's Bloody April).

Let us lift our glasses filled with our favorite libations and toast our virtual opponents.  Prost!  Salut!

To celebrate the conclusion of the Winter Campaign, here is the FIF campaign ribbon.

Blue for the Blue Team.  And Gold for the wealth of friends we've made within this community.

Large version:

FIF2019w_large.png?dl=0

Small version:

FIF2019w_small.png?dl=0

And as always, thank you to every pilot who flew!

Without your continued support, this tournament would not be able to function!

The scores for Session B4 can be found on the JG1 forums.

Klaiber_long_ROF.png?dl=0
Hals - und Beinbruch!

#39 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 25 March 2019 - 14:17

S! Blue Team.

Well Done  :icon_e_salute:

sig9.png

#40 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 25 March 2019 - 21:21

S! Reds!.... Well fought!