Photo
- - - - -

Joystick issue?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 27th_DW

27th_DW

Posted 31 December 2018 - 15:16

I just installed ROF free download. I am having numerous problems. 

I am using an old Microsoft Sidewinder joystick. I have been using it in IL2-1946 with no issues. Anyhow I have assigned the axis in the settings menu and I have no control over pitch/elevator ? I can log into a server in multiplayer and get into the server and try to fly but if I try a quick mission it says I do not have the planes. I know this free download is only supposed to have 4 planes but i cannot select one in quick mission? Thhis is making it more difficult to trouble shoot my control problems. 

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to buy more planes but I need to get the sim operating properly 1st. 

Thanks!! 

Anthony

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 31 December 2018 - 16:02

Concerning the planes... you probably need to change the plane you are controlling in the mission to one you own (or a freebie... try Albatros DVa against Spad 13). You can fight against anything though, regardless of whether you own it or not.

#3 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 31 December 2018 - 16:57

If it is a FFB stick sometimes you have to alt/tab to enable the FFB on that axis.

#4 27th_DW

27th_DW

Posted 31 December 2018 - 18:04

I found the issue in the game settings, I did not have joystick enabled. 

I am now trying to figure out the HOTAS settings. I want the pilot view to snap back to forward when the hotas button is released but it stays in the last position moved to. The control settings in the game are not user friendly compared to other sims I have flown. 

#5 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 31 December 2018 - 19:27

To each his own of course, but Track IR (original, apocryphal or DIY) is so much better than anything else... When I didn't have it, I used the mouse to look around, and it worked very well for me.

#6 PandaCheese

PandaCheese

Posted 07 January 2019 - 22:26

I found the issue in the game settings, I did not have joystick enabled. 

I am now trying to figure out the HOTAS settings. I want the pilot view to snap back to forward when the hotas button is released but it stays in the last position moved to. The control settings in the game are not user friendly compared to other sims I have flown. 

Check the Camera section under Settings, per the user manual here: https://riseofflight...official-links/. I think to have the view return to center after snap you need the Default Mode to be Centered Snap View.

Yeah I agree the Setting layout could be more user friendly. For example, how about a blurb about what a control does instead of relying on googling? No clickable cockpit is another downside, compared to other flight sims.

#7 Lt.Vaughn

Lt.Vaughn

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:42

Hi 27th_Dw,

PandaCheese is correct about how to get your "snap-to-center" view functioning properly. When you start RoF the RoF Settings pop-up screen appears. Click the Camera tab along the top. Down at the center bottom you will find: Cockpit View: default mode. Make sure the window to the right of it shows: centered snap view. If not, click the reset view setting to default button. Next, click the Start button at the bottom left to enter the game. Now, when you use the D-Pad on your controller for different views it will pop back to center for you.

The other camera settings, Movement, POV changing and Rotation speed are a bit more complicated to explain in this limited space. Page 17 in the User's Manual will help you a little but, it is not all explanatory. You will need to experiment on your own to discovery what they actually do. Also, you will see the word: "Inertion," it is suppose to be Inertia.

The Camera settings can also be changed from within the game but, you will need to set the "view" you want, then exit and restart the game for it to take effect.

:icon_e_salute:

Tony Stark is my pilot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users