J5_Gamecock

Posted 07 April 2019 - 18:07

Well... it's Sunday.   Whats up?

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#42 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 07 April 2019 - 21:14

The starting time must be restated, now the time changed with the daylight savings.

#43 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 11 April 2019 - 16:51

Sorry gents, been terribly busy with work and all manner of other issues.  Will get a  post up soon for this Sunday.  Mission will be 1800GMT.  S!

#44 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 11 April 2019 - 18:30

Last week was a LOT of fun.

#45 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 15 April 2019 - 18:13

Thanks to all who flew with us Sunday, we ran a smaller “dawn to dusk” sized map in anticipation of the numbers being smaller due to possible “bloody April burnout” but we had 30 players at one point and above 25 for a couple of hours! Good fights above below and amongst the heavy clouds in the skies of France.

Sorry for the lack of announcements lately, we will have one up this week. Thanks again

#46 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 09 May 2019 - 01:14

Sunday - May 19 - 1700GMT - Battle of the Somme - 1916 ***Note: mission start time is 1 hour earlier than usual Sunday VM***

Greetings gentlemen, it is time to run the early war map legendary Somme Offensive - Battle of Flers-Courcelette - 15 September 1916 once again. This will be in prelude to the upcoming Eagle of Lille / Der Adler von Lille Tournament created by Jasta 99 that we will be hosting in a few weeks to commemorate the ace Max Immelmann. We are looking at June 2 which would mark the 103rd anniversary of his being shot down by a French pilot but awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class for preserving his aircraft. Details to follow...

Mission Start: 1700GMT

Both sides will be given new orders in 45 min intervals. The Allied forces are on the offensive. Their air force has to support the ground troops by targeting tactical targets and flying photo recon patrols to determine the enemy defences.

The Central forces are on the defensive. They have to make sure the Allied aircraft are kept away from the battlefield while the bombers attack the enemy's line of communications.

Weather report: Heavy cloud cover at 5000ft/1400m, foggy. Wind 4 m/s, from the North

Orders will be repeated every minute by subtitles. Please follow these, NOTE: you can't complete objectives until the order has been given, however once orders are given, the objective is active until destroyed. In other words, you have the entire game time to take down an objective once given. List of objectives in order is as follows:

Entente-
1. Bombers have to destroy the train station at Bapaume
2. Bombers have to destroy artillery near Courcelette to protect our tanks
3. Bombers have to destroy enemy transports on the Albert-Bapaume road
4. Recon planes will photograph Flers and Beugnatre airfield
5. Bombers have to destroy the the depot at Lechelle

Central-
1. Bombers will destroy the British Army camp
2. Recon planes will photograph Foncquevillers and Mailly
3. Bombers will destroy artillery near Albert
4. Bombers will destroy a depot at Saint-Amand
5. Battle planes will destroy transports on road A

Historical Background: The Battle of Flers–Courcelette took place on 15 September 1916 as part of the Somme offensive and is most famous for the fact it was the first time tanks were deployed in a battle.

We've had some good furball dogfights running this mission in the past, particularly with the Central forces utilizing the powerful Rolands as fighter/bombers! It's a tighter area of operations than last week, and this time everyone knows the targets. Central forces won the day last time we ran this mission, although we tied for objectives, Central forces carried the day with points. Entente forces are looking to settle the score :)

So dust off the old flying kit, get a shot of courage from the mess and let's go flying!

Good luck and happy hunting S!

#47 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 11 May 2019 - 15:52

Sorry gents, have to reschedule this one for nex Sunday May 19th. Forgot about this Sunday being Mother’s Day here in US. (Almost got me in trouble!) we will have a different map up for tomorrow’s Vintage Mission.

Details on Eagle of Lille Tournament coming soon! S!

#48 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 11 May 2019 - 17:21

I didn't know you were a Mother Cuban! :icon_lol:

Untitled.jpg

#49 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 11 May 2019 - 18:07

Sorry gents, have to reschedule this one for nex Sunday May 19th.

And what about the starting time? I'm actually in favour of at least 30 mins of antecipation of the normal starting time, since it gives the two-seaters some itme to climb, etc.

#50 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 18 May 2019 - 23:06

Mission start time is 1700GMT - 1 hour earlier than regular start time.

#51 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 18 May 2019 - 23:08

I didn't know you were a Mother Cuban! :icon_lol:

LOL well I’m a mother-somethin’

#52 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 16 June 2019 - 15:20

Can someone confirm the mission starting time this week? I've been around at 17:00 GMT, but a few times it has actually started at 18:00 GMT, and I'm now left wondering if it depends on the mission or what.

Right now the mission name reads "VM - The Battle of Messines - June 1917 v1.8", I assume it will change when this week's mission is started.

Anyway, if any of you join at 17:00 GMT be advised it may only have a proper start at 18:00 GMT. Doesn't mean you can't have fun there in the meantime. ;)

#53 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 16 June 2019 - 16:51

It's Fathers Day in the US. I heard through the grapevine that all of Cubans illegitmate children are descending on his house so he may have his hands full.  :icon_lol:

#54 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 16 June 2019 - 17:12

It's Fathers Day in the US. I heard through the grapevine that all of Cubans illegitmate children are descending on his house so he may have his hands full.  :icon_lol:

lol

So it's gonna be an European thing tonight...

#55 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:21

It was fathers day in the UK too. 

I have no illigitimate children, so had time to start the mission  ;)

sig.png

#56 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 17 June 2019 - 13:37

It was fathers day in the UK too. 
I have no illigitimate children, so had time to start the mission  ;)

Not in the UK, at least ;)

#57 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 17 June 2019 - 14:12

Must be illegitimates across the globe as there were never more than 8-10 in yesterday or perhaps they were with RoFs offspring FC.

#58 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 17 June 2019 - 14:28

Yeah I checked FC with the low RoF numbers and saw 20 something folks over there.

#59 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 17 June 2019 - 15:57

Yeah, I went there after Cubans didn't populate. Sorta sucks tho. I was able to hold my own in shitty Albie. Thank God for parachutes.

#60 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 17 June 2019 - 19:11

Attached Files

#61 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:40

Lmao!  :icon_e_salute:

#62 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 23 June 2019 - 21:19

Sorry I couldn't be there tonight on VM, I really anticipate it the whole week, but at very last minute I couldn't make it. Unfortunately I can't be there next week either, so see you in 2 weeks!

#63 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:20

You didn't miss much. Only 6 or 7 in at most at any one time. 12 total.  20+ in Farting Circus.

#64 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:50

Ah damn. Yeah I managed to join FC later in the evening and had some fun but nothing tbat compares with VM. I was surprised to see 12 people there.

#65 US103_Talbot

US103_Talbot

Posted 24 June 2019 - 14:55

Yeah I went to jump in VM and nobody was around. Had to do the FC thing.

#66 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 24 June 2019 - 21:56

Yeah I went to jump in VM and nobody was around. Had to do the FC thing.

ditto

Untitled.jpg

#67 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 26 June 2019 - 00:43

Yeah numbers have been getting weaker the last few weeks. I find it hard to believe that many people prefer fast-food style action with 3 plane choices per side without at least an Arras map on Flaming Parachutes (to say nothing of recon/bombing objectives, two-seaters, etc) but here we are. 

Unless things turn around pretty dramatically in the next few weeks I think we'll be closing shop on the Vintage Mission server sometime in August.  The maps are too complex for low numbers and renting the server costs a little coin.

That being said, we've always maintained that we'll keep the lights on as long as folks keep coming out to fly.  Hopefully see you gents Sunday S!

#68 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:25

Sad news, Cuban. A significant increase of attendance is probably not going to happen, as Summer season has now started. I can't be around next week, but I plan to join as many minutes as possible while it lasts. I totally understand that you and Steve can't keep this going forever, particularly for only a small group of people. I can't thank you enough for all the great moments of fun we all had there, same goes for the Syndicate guys that provided the awesome maps. The future lies ahead, may it be up to those great moments. I suppose it depends on us, but so did Syndicate attendance. S!

#69 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:41

See you all in Carpathia Mid.

Perhaps J5 should not be accelerating the demise.

#70 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 27 June 2019 - 00:40

Most of the players in airplane simulators are not pilots, they are just gamers. They don't care what to play - airplanes, ships, tanks ... Is it possible to condemn them for it, and from what point of view to look at such a situation? Is it bad or good? I do not have a definite answer to this question. Cuban, it’s very hard to do something for other people, to spend your time on this business, and then come to understand that they don’t need it. Sooner or later you will close this project, but I will not forget your work and my gratitude will remain. Sorry for some harsh words that I told you in the past.

#71 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:58

Sad news, Cuban. A significant increase of attendance is probably not going to happen, as Summer season has now started. I can't be around next week, but I plan to join as many minutes as possible while it lasts. I totally understand that you and Steve can't keep this going forever, particularly for only a small group of people. I can't thank you enough for all the great moments of fun we all had there, same goes for the Syndicate guys that provided the awesome maps. The future lies ahead, may it be up to those great moments. I suppose it depends on us, but so did Syndicate attendance. S!

You're most welcome Bidu! We certainly had some good times and great fights and who knows what the future may hold :)  Thanks for flying S!

#72 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:06

Most of the players in airplane simulators are not pilots, they are just gamers. They don't care what to play - airplanes, ships, tanks ... Is it possible to condemn them for it, and from what point of view to look at such a situation? Is it bad or good? I do not have a definite answer to this question. Cuban, it’s very hard to do something for other people, to spend your time on this business, and then come to understand that they don’t need it. Sooner or later you will close this project, but I will not forget your work and my gratitude will remain. Sorry for some harsh words that I told you in the past.

That is a very good point Emely, most are not pilots, just gamers and that can make a big difference. I've always felt our VM crowd were always there more for the aviation, objective based aspects of the simulation.  I can't condemn anyone for doing what they enjoy, which is what its all about.  Who knows, maybe someday Flaming Parachutes will even have a WWI map lol? Thanks for the kind words and coming out to fly with us S!

#73 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 June 2019 - 13:54

Exactly!
we are sitting in an armchair, with beer or grappa.
we bite into a slice of pizza, we smoke a joint ...
I wanted to involve a retired pilot from naval aviation.
He broke his femur last year, completely lost his sensitivity on the soles of his feet.
Now he can no longer fly for fun.
I ... with my flash of genius! I proposed our beloved Rise of Flight ... :icon_e_biggrin:
 He gave me insults! :icon_mad:
 He says, that we're not even flying! Maybe a manga air battle surrogate. Military flight simulators are inaccessible to us mere mortals in slippers!
Most of the maneuvers we do, we risk over 90% of structural failure ... The first maneuver, perhaps the second, can be fine. A third maneuver equals death. :icon_eek:

Luckily I did not propose FC !!

So we mere "aviation axes" of Sunday.
It's 27 months now that we meet for free on Steve & Cuban's server, what can we do to make it a little more fun?

I-Pay a penny for the sustenance of the server. (since money exists, entertainment has always been paid for)
II-you can enter the server by invitation only.
III-Attendance calendar, to organize subsequent missions.
IV-intersperse PvP with CooP.
V-We fly at least once a month together
   -and many other.

Sorry if I'm allowed  :icon_e_salute:

#74 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 29 June 2019 - 15:53

Sunday 30th of June - 1700GMT - Battle of Montdidier June 1918

Greetings gentlemen, this Sunday the temperature is heating up and so is the battle in the skies over Montdidier just south of the Somme River.  Join us for an epic battle for air supremacy set almost exactly 101 years ago.

Historical background:  Just prior to this time the Germans had finished up Operation Michael which saw them capture up to 40mi of territory, but fell short of their strategic objectives.  This was the start of the Somme Summer Offensive of 1918 which saw various battles up and down the front from Aug. to Sept.

June 16, 1918

Location:  Front lines between Montdidier and Roye, south of the Somme.

Mission objectives:  Each side will have 6 primary targets to destroy, indicated by a flag on the map. Before a target becomes active, it has to be reconnoitered by making 10 photographs. The flag will then turn red. When a primary target has been destroyed, the flag will be removed from the map.

Secondary targets are any vehicle, trains or tanks and balloons in enemy territory.  When 2 (more) enemy targets are destroyed, new airfields will be activated with different plane types.

-For photo recon missions only the designated planes "Recon" can trigger the photo sequence!

-Photo recons need to land safely at an active base to complete their mission!

Winning conditions: Complete all six objectives first.

Weather report: Altocumulus at 1900-2200m. Wind 3-4 m/s, from the north.

Good luck all pilots and observers S!

#75 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 13 July 2019 - 00:50

Gentlemen, this week will see us over Verdun Sector, in late September of 1918. 

Date: September 26, 1918

Time: 07:15

Mission objectives:

Entente: To support the Army offensive, recon aircraft have to photograph the rear trenches of the enemy as well as possible strategic targets.

Central: Protect our airspace, recon planes have to photograph key areas.

After all the photo recon sorties have been completed, bombers will be made ready for a specific target.  Please note that all recons can complete any of the recce objectives.

Historical Background: The Meuse-Argonne Offensive, also called the Battle of the Argonne Forest, was a part of the final Allied offensive of World War I that stretched along the entire western front.  Both sides were using advanced airfields during the day to support the ground forces and to take out enemy balloons.

Weather report:  Ceiling at 3500m, broken 7/8. Windy, 7 meters per second, from the south east. Temp 15C / 59F

Good luck all pilots and observers S!

#76 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 July 2019 - 17:44

We will fly with some turbulence! :icon_e_smile:

#77 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 14 July 2019 - 12:33

Meet you there, Mitra!

#78 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:48

Aug.18 - 1800GMT - Sunday Vintage Mission - Standoff in Sissonne - November 1916

Greetings gentlemen, this Sunday's Vintage Mission will feature an early war map that has only been run twice before and has been modified a bit from the original version. 

Here is the situation: It is a desperate mission in the Sissonne sector that puts the Entente scouts having to destroy trucks and trains just behind the enemy lines as it appears a counter attack is massing after a failed Entente offensive and limited ground attack 2 seaters are available. 

Two points to pay attention to. 

1. "Laser flak" has at long last been eliminated on both sides and over the mud.  The machine guns are still there and are a threat, but it isn't suicide to attempt a low level attack.

2.  Most airframes are limited on both sides and aircraft replace individually every 5min, however if you run completely out of a type of airframe, it is 30min before they will be replaced.  So, use the aircraft wisely and try to return them to the aerodromes when possible.

Entente is furnished with unlimited DH2's and Central has unlimited EIII's.

Standoff in Sissonne

Date: November, 1916

Intel report: Recent Intelligence reports indicate that the Germans might prepare a counter attack after our failed offensive. A lot of troop movements have been spotted just behind their lines.  French escadrilles stationed at Bonnemaison Ferme are operating from forward airfields at Vauxcere and Maizy, supported by a small contingent of RFC and AFC Squadrons. In a desperate attempt to prevent an immediate counter attack, the scouts are ordered to strafe the enemy transports.

**Note: Limited Entente reconnaissance two seaters have been pressed into service as bombers, however reinforcements are not available and Entente two-seater airframes will not replace if lost!** 

German HQ is anxious to know what the state is of the French defences therefore a photo recon missions have been requested. If the recons are successful, German bombers are to attack targets behind the French lines.

Mission objectives:

Entente forces will attack enemy transports; vehicles and trains. Central Forces will have to defend the transports and recon the enemy lines.  How to complete a recon sortie: Take the special recon plane (Recon Plane 1,2,3,4) and fly to one of the endpoints of the recon area at the designated height (see map). Follow subtitles. You must land at an active airfield.

Weather report:  We will attempt to match real world weather conditions at the time of the mission.

Good luck gentlemen S!

#79 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 17 August 2019 - 16:09

With the recent 100F+ temps in France can you make the planes ignite spontaneously ?

#80 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 17 August 2019 - 20:14

lol flaming parachutes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users