• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:52

Gentlemen, this Thursday Night Fly-In will take us to Armentieres - June 1918

Date: June 26, 1918

Mission objectives: 

Allies: 29 Squadron has orders to bomb German artillery before starting their Offensive Patrol over the lines. 79 Squadon will fly top cover. The DH4's of 25 squadron have as their primary target Lomme airfield and as a secundary target the enemy artillery batteries.

Central: Jasta 7 and 40 are ordered to intercept enemy aircraft crossing the lines as well as to protect their two-seaters. Schlasta 25 is ordered to attack ground targets of opportunity behind the lines.

Intel: This scenario is based on actual events as described by the Jasta 40 Ace Carl Degelow in the book "Black Fokker Leader"

Attached File  black fokker leader.jpg   11.5KB   0 downloads

Good luck all pilots and observers S!

#2 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 06 December 2018 - 13:17

Sounds great Cuban. Thanks for setting this up.

Look forward to seeing everyone there. S!

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

Major Keith 'Grid' Caldwell, 74 Sq

#3 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 06 December 2018 - 13:18

Deleting double

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

#4 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 06 December 2018 - 16:59

I am brand new around here. I have just what comes with the game free. I would like to be a spectator if allowed to be. The russian N-17 I have has no way I can find to load any ammo into. So if I fly that can I wing for someone possible if fly to a side line and try to be out of the way ? 

I have only the maps that come free too . 

I have no business asking really, but I am just trying to learn. I am in Eastern Std Time if it matters, and I am not sure how to enter the game if allowed. Thanks of you even read this.

#5 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 06 December 2018 - 17:08

You should have the Spad and the alb DVa so why not join in.

#6 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 06 December 2018 - 17:51

S! All

"Black Fokker Leader" is a great book. It is almost like sitting down and talking with Carl Degelow. 

sig9.png

#7 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 December 2018 - 19:01

I am brand new around here. I have just what comes with the game free. I would like to be a spectator if allowed to be. The russian N-17 I have has no way I can find to load any ammo into. So if I fly that can I wing for someone possible if fly to a side line and try to be out of the way ? 

I have only the maps that come free too . 

I have no business asking really, but I am just trying to learn. I am in Eastern Std Time if it matters, and I am not sure how to enter the game if allowed. Thanks of you even read this.

Feel free to join in mate! It's easy to join; in your game, go to the multiplayer tab near the bottom of the main screen. That will take you to a server list. Choose the one near the bottom that is titled "Cuban-Syndicate Connection". You can enter the server by simply clicking on the title. 

If you want to hop on the New Wings teamspeak and voice chat with other pilots there, the address is  70.42.74.44 (no password). If you've never heard of teamspeak, I encourage you to check out this article here:

https://riseofflight...uide-teamspeak/

(The screenshots are a little dated, but the information is still good.) 

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#8 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 06 December 2018 - 19:01

BTW, big thank you to Cuban for putting this together - looks awesome!  :icon_e_salute:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#9 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 06 December 2018 - 20:14

Feel free to join in mate! It's easy to join; in your game, go to the multiplayer tab near the bottom of the main screen. That will take you to a server list. Choose the one near the bottom that is titled "Cuban-Syndicate Connection". You can enter the server by simply clicking on the title. 

If you want to hop on the New Wings teamspeak and voice chat with other pilots there, the address is  70.42.74.44 (no password). If you've never heard of teamspeak, I encourage you to check out this article here:

https://riseofflight...uide-teamspeak/

(The screenshots are a little dated, but the information is still good.) 

I don't have a mic at this time . I am  home now and will look to see if you guys are flying in a moment . I don't want to interfere with the game So I will fly the Russian N-17 until I know it's ok with everyone. I can still get shot down but can't shoot LOL 

#10 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 06 December 2018 - 20:16

You should have the Spad and the alb DVa so why not join in.

I am just so new here that I figured I could be neutral and see if I can even keep up. You guys are free to shoot me down anyway. LOL

#11 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 06 December 2018 - 20:27

I just looked at the list. I don't know if I am early or too late . I am EST . On the multiplayer screen I don't see anything to join . If I am too early I will try to show up. If I am late maybe next week . If it's on Steam which I don't even know what is I am a dead duck I guess.

#12 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 06 December 2018 - 21:21

still ahead of time, make sure you don't have 'mods on' enabled!

kPloPKK.png

#13 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 06 December 2018 - 21:37

Try to get on between 8:30 and 9 PM EST.  Just avoid Longdong Silver at all costs.

#14 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 06 December 2018 - 22:37

Ok thxs. Hope this works around 8:30 pm and will have mods off . They are on, but I don't know what the do exactly, but I have time to find them and turn them off. ;)

On Edit : Can't find the Mods to turn off . Looked everywhere I can think of that has anything . Need directions.
On Edit again . I hope this is the correct one. I was looking inside the game . I made a screen print to my Win 10, as a jpeg. buty find no way to upload any image here

The game start / forums / support, card is the best I can call it. That Mods and the check box...

#15 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 07 December 2018 - 00:27

I use the settings.exe. Its in your Rise of Flight folder.....Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\Settings.exe"

3rd tab 'game settings' 

'modifications on' check box (unticked)

#16 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:20

You're most welcome gentlemen, but this is not my creation,  just an old Syndicate map that never really got much airtime.  One of Syn_Vander's I believe.  We just provide the venue and pour the drinks lol

Great combination of dogfight / historical map, and if you want to spend $10 on something you'll enjoy, jump on amazon and get the book because it's pretty amazing :)

#17 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:38

Absolutely insane dogfights tonight - 10+ planes easy! Poor ol' Larner went West in the middle of a big mix-up involving multiple Pfalzes, SPADs, D.VIIs, Triplanes & Dolphins...great stuff! 

kPloPKK.png

#18 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 December 2018 - 15:10

Thanks guys for allowing me in your game. I learned a lot, and found there will be a lot more to learn . Some of it is modern a mic so I can affirm any orders .

I followed someone in a Spad as a sort of wing man but lost him for good in the sun .

The scenery is excellent .

I's funny when a guy in generated and BOOM there he is next to you.
I will try to not be a bother,and find newbie games  ;)

#19 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 07 December 2018 - 15:25

The Thursday night fly-in is a newbie game! Anybody's welcome to come along, whether they've been playing for 5 years or 5 minutes! 

Hope to see you back next week ;) 

kPloPKK.png

#20 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 December 2018 - 15:35

The Thursday night fly-in is a newbie game! Anybody's welcome to come along, whether they've been playing for 5 years or 5 minutes! 

Hope to see you back next week ;)

I didn't know that. The map is different and has no GPS, so I was lost all the time. I was lost sitting at the Hangar. Wandering around in the Spad on the German Side I happened on a balloon but left it as it was. Eventually I was shot down by ack ack in no man's land , and perished ‚Äč with the dead trees! :)

Ok So what are the basic rules ?

What does one do after he becomes dead? 

A. Jump right back in and head out ?

B. Jump right back in and wait at the Hangar ?

C. Your All done quit the game and go to bed ??

If you guys have names over the planes like the old microsoft WW-2 game did, I don't see them .

#21 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 December 2018 - 15:42

I use the settings.exe. Its in your Rise of Flight folder.....Rise of Flight\bin_game\release\Settings.exe"

3rd tab 'game settings' 

'modifications on' check box (unticked)

I did that just now , morning, next day, and got to the same setting the game icon on my desktop, that I tried to explain last night.

I can't upload any images from my pc here .

I also can't figure out how and where to go to make a profile for this forum  . 

But I am also something known as a Buckskinner, and do 1750 to 1840 events, which gets one rather a lot of patience ;)

I will try and buy a mic over the weekend .

#22 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 07 December 2018 - 16:08

Ok So what are the basic rules ?

What does one do after he becomes dead? 

A. Jump right back in and head out ?

B. Jump right back in and wait at the Hangar ?

C. Your All done quit the game and go to bed ??

If you guys have names over the planes like the old microsoft WW-2 game did, I don't see them .

The only real rule is don't deliberately shoot-up allies! There are a couple taboos, deliberate ramming, hovering over enemy airfield and shooting-up planes as they take off, etc. (Oh - and don't swear up a storm in chat!) 

Once you die, it's up to you! Most people will just hop back into another plane and head back out. 

If SPADs are your thing, there are plenty guides you can read-up on on the strengths and weaknesses of that aircraft type. Of course, you could just go ask the SPAD experts for some tips! Hunter & Baer are both good guys, and top Spad pilots. I have a more...modest...understanding of them ;)

kPloPKK.png

#23 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 December 2018 - 19:29

The only real rule is don't deliberately shoot-up allies! There are a couple taboos, deliberate ramming, hovering over enemy airfield and shooting-up planes as they take off, etc. (Oh - and don't swear up a storm in chat!) 

Once you die, it's up to you! Most people will just hop back into another plane and head back out. 

If SPADs are your thing, there are plenty guides you can read-up on on the strengths and weaknesses of that aircraft type. Of course, you could just go ask the SPAD experts for some tips! Hunter & Baer are both good guys, and top Spad pilots. I have a more...modest...understanding of them ;)

I want to earn being respected as a player . Right now I am on a new Win 10 pc coming from XP pro. There is a new learning curve . I bought this Black Friday :) This game was downloaded shortly after, the day I made a first post ever in this forum, well the next day really . So there is another learning curve. I am not a gamer, and the only other game I had in my life was the microsoft  Combat Flight Sim, which is long gone so far as I know on line. It's literally been decades for me to play / fly. So I am way out of the loop in tech and by age I think at 67..

I just watched a part of HotLead's video from last night. If I am correct I was there after 2 flights I made on Cubans IP. I made 1 flight there in the default Alby I have. I was totally lost in both games, other than I followed a Spad in Cubans' game until who ever it was flew into the sun. I was trying to learn and be a wing man, but when he disappeared that was that and I was lost again. :)

I am looking over headsets, but can't tell one from another  ( no tech ) I am hearing impaired as well, so it's anyone's guess if I will be able to understand, but on the video I can to a fair point.

At this point with the 3 default planes and the Se5a I was gifted I don't have a preference really .

I also learned that there are no names over anyone's plane by watching that video . It's hard for me to learn, because I have to try settings I don't know what the terms mean and see what they do IF I can tell what they do .

I expect it will be easier to get help when I can talk and with any luck hear what I am told.

If you have any suggestions on what head set to get sing right out. I'd like to keep that well under 50 bucks. I am after a new stick too, and am looking at the Thrustmasters under 50 bucks too . 

It so happens I live rural remote and so seeing and touching items in stores is a bit limited. Seeing things online I don't really understand all the details to ie: if it is wireless / usb / etc doesn't come easy to me either ! However I can load and shoot real flintlocks with the best of them LOL

Death in the games I play have rules as to how long one must stay dead. as Dead men can't talk to tell others where the enemy are.

Thank you for helping 

#24 Von-Dervare

Von-Dervare

Posted 07 December 2018 - 19:32

Try to get on between 8:30 and 9 PM EST.  Just avoid Longdong Silver at all costs.

I saw this name last night :) It came up a few times in the little chat window on his current status LOL I was pretty busy being lost most of the time, then I got shot down by a German over No Man's land just as I found any planes at all ! Down there in the mud all the trees are dead .:)

#25 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 07 December 2018 - 22:37

Down there in the mud all the trees are dead . :)

...More than just the trees...Longdong's victims' bones are also smoking in their crates down there...

kPloPKK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users