Salute gentlemen! I'm pleased to announce we will be running a map that was bugged in the original version but has finally been corrected. The map has been tested and is ready for action, so this Sunday will see us at very high altitude in the cold skies over the Somme River region of France.
This map exemplifies the essence of what WWI aviation was really centered around, which was reconnaissance.
***IMPORTANT NOTE*** YOU WILL NOT GET A CAMERA ICON UPON SPAWNING INTO THE RECON AIRCRAFT, ONLY A SUBTITLE MESSAGE (The subtitle will inform the pilots of this)
YOU WILL GET A CAMERA ICON OVER TARGET
- The map features airstart recon flights that spawn at 3000m.
- There are 3 recon areas that can be photographed as many times as necessary to reach 100 photographs total.
- Recon aircraft can only photo 1 target per sortie. Photographing multiple areas does NOT give you more than 10 frames.
- Recon aircraft can land at any active aerodrome
- Each side has an AI flight of recon aircraft that are running missions throughout the map and these count towards the total
- The first side to complete 100 total photographs will win this "battle for intelligence".
Weather: Will be announced in the mission briefing. Windsocks will reflect correct wind direction at the aerodromes.
Good luck gentlemen!