Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Sunday Vintage Mission - Somme High Recons - 11/25/18

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:22

Salute gentlemen!  I'm pleased to announce we will be running a map that was bugged in the original version but has finally been corrected.  The map has been tested and is ready for action, so this Sunday will see us at very high altitude in the cold skies over the Somme River region of France.

Mission Features

This map exemplifies the essence of what WWI aviation was really centered around, which was reconnaissance. 

***IMPORTANT NOTE*** YOU WILL NOT GET A CAMERA ICON UPON SPAWNING INTO THE RECON AIRCRAFT, ONLY A SUBTITLE MESSAGE (The subtitle will inform the pilots of this)

YOU WILL GET A CAMERA ICON OVER TARGET

- The map features airstart recon flights that spawn at 3000m.

- There are 3 recon areas that can be photographed as many times as necessary to reach 100 photographs total. 

- Recon aircraft can only photo 1 target per sortie. Photographing multiple areas does NOT give you more than 10 frames.

- Recon aircraft can land at any active aerodrome

- Each side has an AI flight of recon aircraft that are running missions throughout the map and these count towards the total

- The first side to complete 100 total photographs will win this "battle for intelligence".

Weather: Will be announced in the mission briefing.  Windsocks will reflect correct wind direction at the aerodromes.

Good luck gentlemen!

#2 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:38

This sounds super-cool! Since I'll be busy this Thursday, I think I'll try to make this mission. 

As always, thanks for keeping these going Cuban!  :icon_e_salute:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#3 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 21 November 2018 - 05:44

It was always one of my personal favorites! I'll be doing some R&R with the family as well and FIF is in stand-down, so looking forward to some action Sunday.  Catch you around 4k meters Hotlead S!

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

#4 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 24 November 2018 - 08:21

Always liked the high recons maps. And I've got Sunday off! Match made in heaven...? 

aoh1rvd.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#5 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 24 November 2018 - 17:45

Lol! Should be a good show. Time to work off some of that turkey :)

#6 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 24 November 2018 - 20:59

Unfortunately, I won't be able to miss it. Oh I really wanted my afternoon to be a bore this Sunday, but it will have to wait.

#7 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 25 November 2018 - 21:42

Hi Larner, forgive me for not answering you in the chat - I was shot down by anti-aircraft fire and I went to smoke :-) That's why I saw your message when you left the server. I also liked to dance with your Spad13 on P12 :-)

#8 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 25 November 2018 - 22:13

Oh no! Curse that Anti-Aircraft fire! It got me too tonight. 

Had a lot of fun stalking your flight of four, but my eagerness caught up with me in the end ;) 

aoh1rvd.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#9 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 November 2018 - 23:44

Bummed I had to miss this one! Got home from church, and we had to investigate our house for a possible gas leak. Had to stay in the car out in the driveway for an hour or two right while the mission was going. By the time it was ok to get back in the house, the mission was all but done. :(

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users