Photo
- - - - -

BUG: Bomber Gunner Doesn't Engage

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 IRFC_SmokinHole

IRFC_SmokinHole

Posted 09 December 2009 - 21:11

Under MCU priority logic, MCUs such as Waypoints with their priority set at High will force the linked object (plane) to carry out the command and not engage a nearby opponent. Ok, I like that logic and it works. Where this becomes a bug, IMO, is when the logic is applied to a bomber's gunner. As a mission creator I want my bomber formation to fly a straight line to the target and then a straight line home. That way bombers can provide mutual support through their gunners without screwing the mission. Currently having priorty set at medium means that bombers put on their "fighter hats" and begin yanking and banking if an enemy is within a few KM, hardly realistic. I understand that the gunner might be too busy to shoot once the bomb doors are open because his most immediate task is to drop the bombs. But once headed to the egress waypoint, the gunner should be free to shoot while the pilot flies the straight line commanded by his High priority waypoint.

Thanks,
Smokin' Hole

#2 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 10 December 2009 - 21:37

Good point. Perhaps it will be possible when we can attach the gunner position as a seperate entity to the bomber (ie when the bomber is flyable). mmmm, perhaps that can already be done now? I never tested it….

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users