- - - - -

Time Acceleration Missing?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Odovacer

Odovacer
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 02 November 2018 - 18:55

So, I can't use the time acceleration anymore. It has disappeared from me before, but I could sometimes get it back. Unfortunately, I can't remember how I did it (Pause, Go to Options, Minimise Screen ... I dunno, but it was something like that). I know acceleration worked before, because I would use it for the starting waypoints during the climbing hex path.

There is a luacript missing that I can't yet find (rivergunshipa.txt) that might be causing the glitch as the game bounces to the Windows desktop when the load error comes up. I cancel the error boxes and carry on with the mission.

I have the standard PWCG setup i.e. I didn't add any more objects or planes. I've got a decent machine and graphics card so that shouldn't be an issue. Like I've said, I did have acceleration on some previous missions.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 02 November 2018 - 21:27

Weren't you using the default keys and somewhere along the line maybe reassigned them? I think it's two keys right next to 'P'.

#3 Odovacer

Odovacer

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:30

I was using the "[" and "]" keys which I believe are default. I'll check though. Even so, if I leave the Mission and go to Quick Mission or other such, the time acceleration reverts to normal. It's weird. I know sometimes it's hard to tell with the old slower aircraft (EIII), but I watched the count down clock for distance to nav icons and it didn't change speed. Also, when I swivel my pilot's head in Accelerated time I can barely control the snap view (as it's x16), but when this bug shows up, I can still swivel normally at x16 accelerated time.

What's also weird is that the sound goes off as per normal when I accelerate but the actual speed doesn't change. However, deceleration works just fine, everything slows down.

I'll keep poking around.

#4 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 09 November 2018 - 16:33

The keys are correct and If it's working in quick mission then it must be the generator lagging, it can go v e r y slow if there's a lot of stuff going on. I assume you're using the latest version?  Have a go with the 16.3.1 version that's knocking around, it's a lot leaner.

#5 Odovacer

Odovacer

Posted 10 November 2018 - 20:54

I'm using the "combined" version 3.3.2. I'm not very far into a career so I guess I could start over with 16.3.1. I believe there was a link to that posted recently for someone else having issues.

#6 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 11 November 2018 - 00:44

Well I think you could run them both, 3.3.2 creates PWCGCampaign folder, 16.3.1 creates ROFCampaign folder. Not sure how to switch between them but the two shouldn't impact eachother.

Bonus is that skin assignments work very well in 16.3.1 and I'll be releasing a couple of hundred German scout skins soon to add to the 2 seaters that are already out there, if that's a boat floater.

#7 Gooseh

Gooseh

Posted 11 November 2018 - 00:47

And yes, Panther released a 16.3.1 for JSGME recently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users