• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DerAck

DerAck
  • LocationRhinebeck, NY - USA

Posted 01 November 2018 - 18:00

Greetings Alle

First, The Bug: The Update/Recovery Link(s) attached to the ROF Settings screen

is inoperative - doesn't work either! The link is live in that when selected, the Settings

screen disappears, leaving my Screen Saver screen displayed.

Entering the Game & clicking the ROF Settings icon - & then Update and/or Recovery

is functional. Running a Update/Recovery accomplishes nothing re the Settings screen's

Update/Recovery functions.

Thoughts?

Second - The Forced Vacation: Flew two Career missions/sorties on 7 December, 1917,

a Line & Protection Patrols - both successfully completed. Upon clicking upon "Next Day",

I was greeted by the ever-popular "Alert Patrol" screen decreeing an immediate take-off

which I accepted - and then as had other non RoF adventure pending, I closed out of

the Game.

Returning to RoF the following evening - there was my "Alert Patrol' awaiting my participation.

Having very successfully completed said patrol, I "Just Happened To Notice" the date line

atop the Missions screen - I was at ( & had just completed a mission, Or so I'd thought,

on 7 December) the 15th of December. Backtracking through the dates of 8th through the

14th of December revealed "No sorties have yet been flown today" - No anything except on

the 10th where "All Events" had announced our Jasta IV had received "New Airplanes" (an Alby

D.Va & Pfalz D.IIIa).

Am I to assume Herr Hauptmann Emil Wolff, my pilot, has been forced to take an unscheduled

seven day Urlaub/Vacation??

Emil was just a bissel testy re having lost a week of flight time!

Thoughts? Any & All To Be Appreciated

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

#2 Odovacer

Odovacer
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 02 November 2018 - 19:03

I believe you can experience weather delays and since you are flying in December, then such weather is more likely. Is it possible you were wounded and didn't notice (hard to do as the hospital screen comes up, but maybe that glitched). I don't know if it's possible or not, but you can have aircraft out of action due to damage taking days to fix. However, I doubt you would lose all available aircraft to damage, but it might be remotely possible. Just some thoughts.

#3 DerAck

DerAck
  • LocationRhinebeck, NY - USA

Posted 02 November 2018 - 21:58

I believe you can experience weather delays and since you are flying in December, then such weather is more likely. Is it possible you were wounded and didn't notice (hard to do as the hospital screen comes up, but maybe that glitched). I don't know if it's possible or not, but you can have aircraft out of action due to damage taking days to fix. However, I doubt you would lose all available aircraft to damage, but it might be remotely possible. Just some thoughts.

Herr Odovacer

Thank you for, thus-far, my solitary reply.

The 7th was a beautiful early December day - average clouds @ 2K meters - great visibility - in fact That Protection Patrol will stand-out as an outstanding patrol - of any nature - & my tactical best in many moons - brought down four Bristol F2B(F.III) & a pair (Flying together) of R.E.8 without sustaining a scratch on my Alby D.5a - Or, Emil! All 4 of my AI Kameraden made it to our field - & all actually managed to land their crates in one piece.

No, I suffered no wounding during that flight - having sustained forty-eight - That's 48 duly noted & recorded injuries in 326 total to date sorties (321 being successful in the current Career)) - I'm well acquainted with the various shades of red tinted wind screens - One's first notice - Not This Time! I routinely check the number of serviceable aircraft before I exit the Game - also check my current status re former Jasta IV Commanders - I'm presently #9 - with Only 724 points to reach the current #8. Have never - in my 48 trips to Das Krankenhaus/hospital - been out of flight status for longer than four or five days - certainly not seven.

So, good Sir - Vielen Dank for sharing your thoughts.

Der Ack

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users