* * * * * 1 votes

FIF 2018 "Fall Campaign"

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 15 October 2018 - 19:07

Hi All,

The FIF 2018 "Fall Campaign" will be starting on Saturday, October 27th!

We will be conducting a test mission this Saturday, October 20th.  This is a stress test, as well as a mission test.

If you wish to register for the event, just stop by here and post.

The Blue Team will start by flying Central.  The Red Team will start by flying Entente.  After two missions, the teams will flip sides.

The tournament will be hosted on the JG1 server.

Mission start is at 2PM EDT (6PM UTC): http://forum.jg1.org...lames-calendar/

However, it's recommended that people arrive to their respective TeamSpeaks about 15 minutes early.

The server password will be distributed on TeamSpeak, so make sure you know where your team is meeting!

The Blue Team is using the Jasta 5 TS server, and the Red Team is using JG1's.

Basic tournament information can be found on the FIF boards:

Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

Looking forward to flying with you all!

-Klaiber

Klaiber_long_ROF.png?dl=0
Hals - und Beinbruch!

#2 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:12

I have checked the practice mission server yesterday and... wow! You guys really put some work and thought into that. There are going to be some interesting flying and navigation challenges, and sightseeing, on top of usual FiF business.  The mountaintop factory and village surrounding it, the mountaintop prison where you have to land on slope - that's my kind of crazy. 

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

"The hardest part of my job is being nice to people who think they know how to do my job."

#3 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:32

The scenario is magnificent. If only you had some Pups there... ;)

#4 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 October 2018 - 15:33

Salute!

Is it possible to switch to the blue team?

JGS4_mitra :icon_e_salute:

#5 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 16 October 2018 - 16:00

S! All

Welcome to "Mountain Madness".

Doing this in the mountains looks beautiful but has created some problems.  First problem is .... the mountains. There is very little flat land. The entente side has some and the Central side has almost none. Because of this, many secondary missions are ships at a dock.  Horse units on the mountain side are really large mountain goats.

The General capture, Spy and Rescue missions have been changed. For the General capture and Spy, you just have to find them and they will fire a flare. You do not need to land and pick them up. You will get the pick up message and the appropriate message for the secondary.

For the Rescue mission you still have to kill the AAA truck at the prison. The ambulance will spawn at the local airfield. One minute later the ambulance will flare. You must fly very low over the airfield to rescue the prisoner. Remember to take a rope ladder.

There are lots of Pups.

sig9.png

#6 D.B.Cooper

D.B.Cooper

Posted 16 October 2018 - 18:50

Is it real to land RE8 here? :)

edited

Sorry, first post then read )) No landing requied.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   730.84KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.jpg   693.14KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   465.17KB   0 downloads

#7 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 16 October 2018 - 20:47

There are lots of Pups.

Yes, I know.  ;)

#8 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 16 October 2018 - 20:51

Salute!

Is it possible to switch to the blue team?

JGS4_mitra :icon_e_salute:

Hi Mitra,

Sure, I'll transfer you over to the Blue team.

I've also moved JGS4_Friggitotti and JGS4_Sebastino over to the Blue team as well.

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#9 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:26

For the Rescue mission you still have to kill the AAA truck at the prison. The ambulance will spawn at the local airfield. One minute later the ambulance will flare. You must fly very low over the airfield to rescue the prisoner. Remember to take a rope ladder.

Now you tell me? I've landed on that field already :). (Ok, had to keep throttle at 50% facing uphill to remain stationary and not slide tailfirst into the chasm, but it's perfectly doable :D .

Forum moderator.

"The hardest part of my job is being nice to people who think they know how to do my job."

#10 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 17 October 2018 - 15:37

Just looking at the team lists now...Jasta 2, Jasta 4, Jasta 5, Jasta 6, Jasta 7, Jasta 10, Jasta 11, Jasta 16b, Jasta 30...never realised just how many Jastas there were in RoF!  :huh:

GivFRka.png

#11 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 17 October 2018 - 18:42

There certainly are a lot. :)

It definitely makes me wish there were more Entente squadrons currently active in ROF.  Perhaps with Flying Circus, more Entente squadrons will form, reform or return?  That's why I'm so glad the US 103 has been leading the charge in that area.

I should mention, though, that Jasta 7 and Jasta 16b are the Black Haze squadron, which is largely inactive.  And Jastas 4, 6, 10 and 11 are all JG1.  So you're really looking at Jasta 2, Jasta 5, JG 1 and Jasta 30. :)

Hals - und Beinbruch!

#12 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 17 October 2018 - 20:55

I should mention, though, that Jasta 7 and Jasta 16b are the Black Haze squadron, which is largely inactive.  And Jastas 4, 6, 10 and 11 are all JG1.  So you're really looking at Jasta 2, Jasta 5, JG 1 and Jasta 30. :)

Where have all the Jastas gone, long time passing?
Where have all the Jastas gone, long time ago?
Where have all the Jastas gone?
Young girls have picked them, every one
Oh when will they ever learn, oh when will they ever learn?

#13 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 17 October 2018 - 21:58

And Jastas 4, 6, 10 and 11 are all JG1. 

I can't help but refer to the JG1 guys by their individual Jastas, just cause I enjoy the fact that you guys actually put the effort in to work the individual jastas into your sqn line-up ;)

GivFRka.png

#14 blampars

blampars

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:32

Oh man I really wish I could partake in this!  Unfortunately having to travel every other weekend doesn't make me the most reliable and I'd hate to let anyone down.  I guess I will look forward to some YouTube recordings to see some of the action that way.

aka Donik2 (online)

#15 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 18 October 2018 - 19:27

Oh man I really wish I could partake in this!  Unfortunately having to travel every other weekend doesn't make me the most reliable and I'd hate to let anyone down.  I guess I will look forward to some YouTube recordings to see some of the action that way.

Everyone misses the event one time or another. If you're there you'll at least be covering another's absence. Just need to know the rules right or have someone give you close guidance, that's all.

#16 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:14

S!

Start time is a bit off because Europe is on Regular time and North America is still on Daylight Savings time.

2PM EDT / 6PM UTC

sig9.png

#17 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 20 October 2018 - 22:42

Just looking at the team lists now...Jasta 2, Jasta 4, Jasta 5, Jasta 6, Jasta 7, Jasta 10, Jasta 11, Jasta 16b, Jasta 30...never realised just how many Jastas there were in RoF!  :huh:

The living Dead ;-)

#18 J5_Sturm

J5_Sturm

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:07

At one time many squads from both German and Allied played and it was very pleasant to be part of. Still is

J5_Sturm

PhoenixNeHibanner.jpg

#19 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 28 October 2018 - 00:38

Began

#20 J5_Sturm

J5_Sturm

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:31

AWESOME!!!!! Great footage!! This is the reason I really like the FIF setting as well as the Vintage missions.

J5_Sturm

PhoenixNeHibanner.jpg

#21 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:00

Indeed, a very good video.

This was my first FiF and unfortunately it ended far too soon, I was shot down by a Spad and then ended up with internet problems and couldn't join again. It turned out to be something with my local provider that is now sorted out.

Noticed the mark "Wreath" on a fighter at each of our aerodromes, what does that mean?

#22 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:32

Indeed, a very good video.

This was my first FiF and unfortunately it ended far too soon, I was shot down by a Spad and then ended up with internet problems and couldn't join again. It turned out to be something with my local provider that is now sorted out.

Noticed the mark "Wreath" on a fighter at each of our aerodromes, what does that mean?

The "Wreath" plane is for a specific objective in FIF.  When the enemy "ace" is shot down, the plane is used to deliver, well, a..wreath, to the hospital where he is convalescing.

(I never figured out how all those Aces are able to get back across NML and into the hospital. :lol: )

You can read about all the FIF objectives HERE, Good idea for all to read up on how different missions work.

BTW, Great video Emely!

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin 

Untitled.jpg

#23 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 October 2018 - 13:34

Thanks Gamecock, there's a lot to learn it seems :icon_e_smile:

#24 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 28 October 2018 - 14:57

Gutted I missed it - but hey, at least there's more to come! Hopefully I'll be there for the next one ;) 

GivFRka.png

#25 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 29 October 2018 - 13:41

(I never figured out how all those Aces are able to get back across NML and into the hospital. :lol: )

They are wounded so badly they are rehabilitated via Red Cross because it's obvious they are not going to fight again. Fast train via Switzerland, I suppose.

Or, hospital is where the Red Cross can pick the wreath and send it to his next of kin. 

Forum moderator.

#26 D.B.Cooper

D.B.Cooper

Posted 03 November 2018 - 15:16

Please confirm 03/11/18 start at 6pm UTC ? 

No problems with daylight time like last year? :)

#27 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 03 November 2018 - 17:14

S!

North America has not changed times. FiF starts at 2 pm EDT  which I think is 6 pm UTC.

sig9.png

#28 =VS=_emely

=VS=_emely
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 03 November 2018 - 21:43

The second series. I could not find a sufficiently mournful march suitable for such a case ;-) Good work by a pair of US 103!

#29 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 04 November 2018 - 17:16

S! ALL

We had some glitches in session 2. 

Many of the European players had Discos. No idea what was up there unless some internet node was overloaded or attacked.

Blue team had a glitch with the Recon program. They had correct load out but no camera icon. They successfully took pics of the HQ and the Strategic recon and made it safe back to base. Blue team will have 2 points added to the displayed score at the end of the session.

Good job by all.

For session 3, All times are changed over so we go back to the usual times.   We really need to get rid of Daylight Savings Time.

sig9.png

#30 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 05 November 2018 - 19:18

Issues with the prisoner rescue as well...AAA destroyed, truck to airfield, flare fired, truck disappears no notification for RTB.

#31 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 05 November 2018 - 20:06

Issues with the prisoner rescue as well...AAA destroyed, truck to airfield, flare fired, truck disappears no notification for RTB.

This was examined.  Changing the missions to fly over instead of land means the notification comes up as the first flare fires from the ambulance. Unfortunately it is easy to miss.  The display time for Prisoner, Spy and General capture messages will be changed to 12 seconds.  The first time the mission was attempted the pilot crashed on landing. The complex trigger checks for stationary and alive. The alive part also refers to the condition of the plane. Ground looping and cracking a wing or other significant damage nullifies the mission. The damage threshold is set at 50%  so minor damage is acceptable.

sig9.png

#32 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 05 November 2018 - 22:05

Any way more event rules can be automatically enforced rather than have the violations be punished?

I don't mean to say the punishments are not legitimate. It is the current way to try and have people follow the rules. But I have failed this in the past, although I try my best, apparently it wasn't enough. I have also witnessed other people holding wrong assumptions on some rules, etc., happens every time, for some reason or another. Even old hands. Maybe it's because there are several events, and rules change between them. I believe it's bad for everyone when people violate the rules, and are punished. It would be nice if most cases could just be prevented.

#33 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 06 November 2018 - 18:32

Any way more event rules can be automatically enforced rather than have the violations be punished?

I don't mean to say the punishments are not legitimate. It is the current way to try and have people follow the rules. But I have failed this in the past, although I try my best, apparently it wasn't enough. I have also witnessed other people holding wrong assumptions on some rules, etc., happens every time, for some reason or another. Even old hands. Maybe it's because there are several events, and rules change between them. I believe it's bad for everyone when people violate the rules, and are punished. It would be nice if most cases could just be prevented.

S!

Excellent idea!

Actually, I think that can be done.  The initial problem with that was having someone kicked out of the game. J5 looks like they have solved that problem. They do a 20 minute time out. FiF would do a 2 hour time out. People would have to go to spectate and then come back in as a gunner.  Many people have flown Bloody April and Black September. That gives us a broad base of people that are familiar with the procedure and will be able to help others that may not have done it.

I would not want to change things until after the next 2 sessions.

ty

sig9.png

#34 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 06 November 2018 - 21:24

Great news :)

#35 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:11

S! All

A quick update to the prisoner rescue mission. In the past you had to land. Now you only have to fly over. The complex trigger is set to "On object entered". If you are over the aerodrome to pick up the pilot, it will not trigger. You need to wait at least as far away as the prison castle. When you see the flares, then approach the aerodrome. You should see the message in the bottom right "pilot picked up. RTB". Landing at a friendly aerodrome completes the mission.

sig9.png

#36 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 10 November 2018 - 13:52

S! All

A quick update to the prisoner rescue mission. In the past you had to land. Now you only have to fly over. The complex trigger is set to "On object entered". If you are over the aerodrome to pick up the pilot, it will not trigger. You need to wait at least as far away as the prison castle. When you see the flares, then approach the aerodrome. You should see the message in the bottom right "pilot picked up. RTB". Landing at a friendly aerodrome completes the mission.

This would explain why we were able to pick up the prisoner when we went  back with the second plane.

Thanks Butzzell

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin 

Untitled.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users