Can I run IL-2 BoSBoMBoKBoB?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guster

Guster
  • LocationNo man's land

Posted 27 September 2018 - 16:31

Hello chaps & chapsesses,

When my laptop can run RoF at medium/high settings (1600x900) at a steady 60 fps, can I expect it to chew its way through the latest IL-2 series with equal ease?

Being a casual gamer on a somewhat tight schedule, I will probably spend 99% of my IL-2 time setting up small skirmishes using the Quick Mission feature (which looks rather dishy, by the way), like I do with RoF.

I currently have BoS centered in my Aldis Sight as I think it would be a good place to start.

My specs:

Win 10 Home 64-bit

Intel Core i5 (7. Gen) 7200U / 2.5 GHz (3.1 GHz) / 3 MB Cache

8 GB DDR4 (1 x 8 GB)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M - 2 GB GDDR5

Any input much appreciated!

Regards

Guster

#2 blampars

blampars

Posted 02 October 2018 - 23:48

Nobody replied to you here so I'll give you my two cents.

You'll be able to run it at roughly the same settings (med/high) and get the same or better performance.  BOS is a lot more optimized from a performance standpoint than RoF is.  At least in my opinion.

aka Donik2 (online)

#3 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 03 October 2018 - 08:24

In my case BOS was much worse than ROF a few months ago. Could be my setup that had some peculiarity (Crossfire GPU).

#4 Guster

Guster
  • LocationNo man's land

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:31

Thanks! I bought BoS a couple of days ago. It runs much like blampars predicted, only the clouds seem a bit more demanding (and less pretty). There are far less tweeking options, so graphics setup is pretty straight forward, and the game runs very well - on par with RoF, and a lot better than Blitz.

Cheers!

#5 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:32

I have a 6gb gtx 1060, 8gb ddr4 ram and a ryzen 1500x cpu.

I though this would be easy good enough for BoS but it seems to suffer a little on high graphics. Even when I drop to Medium it seems to have this real weird blur thing going on. It says I'm getting 60fps but I'm not too sure about that.

Anyhow, maybe my computer's just broken.

S!

Its actually an Honor to get stung by a bee.

It hates you so much, that its willing to die just

to cause you a mild amount of pain.

#6 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:13

Go to camera options and uncheck "Cinematic" (on the bottom left) if you haven't done that yet.
Also look if you haven't "Head Shake" checked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users