So, I downloaded PWCG and installed it fine. I created a Campaign, generated a mission and completed that and entered a report. All worked perfectly. As this was a test, I deleted the campaign and started again.
On the very first mission, while I was in the cockpit waiting for take off, the game crashed and I received an error window: "Can't load object. LuaScripts\World Objects\platoonde02.txt."
The error window wouldn't close, I had to use Task Manager to end it. I did a search under ROF folder for the missing object and all references to that exact file are found under JSGME mod packs. Nowhere else.
I enabled mods (wasn't enabled previously, but it wasn't for the first successful test either) and re-ran the mission, but with the same result.
I could scrub the mission I guess and try again, but the object loading is bound to come up again.
Oh, and there was no error file generated. The error log file only had one line: "Set product to RoF".