Photo
- - - - -

Rise of flight way to difficult for average player.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Pawgy

Pawgy

Posted 14 September 2018 - 13:41

Just came back top ROF after a long absense and find i realize why i quit. it is just too difficult to even set the joy stick and if you are lucky enough to fly reasonable it is almost impossible to have a decent dog fight. I have a very nice map of all my controls from several years ago but none seem to apply now. I am very sorry for this derogatory post but I guess i will uninstall again as i am just too old to fight this as sim flying is supposed to be fun and this is not. Might try the new sim from Over flanders field. 

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 14 September 2018 - 14:01

It's not hard, but requires some effort.

Regarding how fun the game is, it is surely a matter of taste.

Have fun in the rest of your life!

#3 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 14 September 2018 - 14:06

Keep at it, everyone sucks when they start.

#4 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 14 September 2018 - 15:39

And some still suck after years "at it". :P

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#5 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 14 September 2018 - 17:11

Start with something easy, like an Albatros D.Va.

If you know how to control an airplane, which is a skill anyone can be taught in under an hour, you should be able to handle her, even land her safely. Case in point: my wife can do it.

Dogfighting is a very different animal (pun intended). Depending whether you're flying against AI or a human player, and what type of enemy plane you are facing, you may be ridiculously outmatched if you are not an expert and fully understand your plane's strengths and weaknesses. That is, perhaps unfortunately, how it was back in the day as well.

Keep at it, but don't beat yourself up over it, either. It's not for everyone, and you have to accept failure as part of the learning process.

#6 Odovacer

Odovacer
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 14 September 2018 - 18:00

Oooo yeah. This +1.

I get the OP. It does have a steep learning curve and there is a world of difference between SP and MP. For one thing, there is a huge skill difference between remaining hardcore players and any new guys that come on. SP play does not prepare you for MP play, at least in the dog fighting aspect. Unless I'm on an x0 or x1 MP server I don't stand much of a chance. My fights last less than 10 seconds normally unless I manage to break and run. (In saying that, however, there are a lot of new players that go on MP without learning the most basic of basics. Hint: if you can't start your plane, you shouldn't be there. Mix-Start-Rad-Take Off. Must learns. You probably won't need to learn how to land  :D . Spin recovery is useful too!)

There are a couple aspects of play that must be mastered:

a) The aircraft. This goes without saying. If you can't fly the aircraft through basic maneuvers (See Requiem's You Tube lessons), sometimes at the extreme limits of the envelope, you aren't going to win many fights. For the life of me, I can't effectively fly any of my Allied aircraft in a dogfight except the N.28. I end up in spins and tumbles and ripped wings Probably down to experience as I play mostly German Career in SP. I have about 80 hours in all aircraft, though I don't seem to be getting much better in MP).

B) Situational awareness. This has to do with identifying aircraft and not getting bounced. SP play can help with the former, it's the same in either mode after all. Still, it takes experience to identify the silhouettes (and no one has come up with a Recognition tool like the comparison tool on New Wings?). I have a 27" monitor with max game reso and zoom buttons on my joystick and I still have trouble. You have to know and study all the aircraft shapes.

The latter can really only be learned in MP mode. SP enemy pilots aren't aggressive enough or sneaky and you soon learn where the enemies will show up based on mission and waypoints. This makes you lazy and complacent. If you let your guard down for only a couple of seconds in MP you can be dead. It's happened to me over and over. Fly around for 10-12 minutes, see nothing, check compass, dead. I only have a hat switch for looking around, though I occasionally use the mouse to look around quickly. Track IR may be in my future.

There are other aspects in MP play: team communication and navigation but these are easily remedied or learned and only really come into play on mission oriented x1.5 servers. If you're a lone wolf type of pilot then comms won't be a factor, just be aware of the fact there are coordinated squads of 3+ flier out there that are watching you.  :icon_lol:

Just my 2 cents.

S!

#7 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 14 September 2018 - 20:03

If you can figure out the install procedure from Flanders' Fields, you can certainly figure out how to map the controls as you like in Rise of Flight.

Past that, yes- Everyone sucks when they're new. It is all a matter of how much you put into it. I have seen guys who play consistently for months go from being helpless and asking how to start their plane; to ghost-faced killers online.

You're going to take your lumps, but you'll improve. Whether you're playing single player or online, if you get frustrated, log off and take a break. No big deal.

#8 Pawgy

Pawgy

Posted 14 September 2018 - 20:10

So far I have not found a single plane that can keep up with even a novice AI.  Thanks for all the positive comments. 

#9 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 14 September 2018 - 21:17

Yes, when I came here I was new to the gaming community, never have played multiplayer and it was a steep learning curve for everything that is not clearly available on the website (basically everything). So you have to ask the community whenever you have a doubt. Do a research first, and if you do not find what you are looking for, come here and people will help as you can see.

I have a tip for a good research on this forum. Use the template below:

how to start site:https://riseofflight.com/forum/

In red: the topic you are looking for.
In blue: you always have to keep this intact. Or you can edit the search box on the top of your browser.

You can use quotation marks to refine the search like:

how to start "Sopwith Camel" site:https://riseofflight.com/forum/

It makes the results more specific for whatever is in between quotation marks. And you can use this method in every website on the internet.

If you like flying, especially these crates, take it as a personal project. It takes time and effort, but it is worthy if your approach is beyond to just play a simple game. Get involved with the planes, study them, get some books (Kindle has some really great WWI books for peanuts) and then you will want to learn more.

My suggestion is to get a reasonable joystick with twist axis (for the rudder) and perhaps invest some time to mount a freetrack device. If you have the means, TrackIR is gold. If your wallet is deep, a good rudder pedal / throttle / joystick set is gold as well.

Regarding your proficiency, time is also gold. You get the hang of it. And then, if you have a good internet connection, you can later on join the multiplayer community and feel the adrenaline of a true dogfight with a real person on the other plane (s). It is priceless and you can chat on the chat or via Teamspeak with a group.

Godspeed!

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#10 blampars

blampars

Posted 14 September 2018 - 22:42

I recently bought OFF because I wanted in on some epic single player action with better AI than RoF.

I will just say this: If you can't figure out how to configure your controls in RoF, then the $30 you're going to spend on OFF is wasted.  Their "mapping tool" is a complete nightmare and quite frankly I've written it off as burned money.

aka Donik2 (online)

#11 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 14 September 2018 - 23:22

Using F8 padlock view helps immensely in dogfights if you don't have head tracking (if padlock is enabled). Switching between padlock and regular F1 view can make a big difference. Better if you remap then.

If you are having difficulty shooting down AI, try flying a good-turning aircraft like the Pup or Camel until you get the hang of it; or fly Albatross vs AI SPAD. If you're flying the SPAD vs the AI, things will be difficult if you are new.

#12 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 14 September 2018 - 23:58

It's a little late in the game to get "good" at Rise of Flight, in the multiplayer sense.  When I started Rise of Flight there were lots of people on, and I'm guessing after about 6 months in, I had several hundred hours under my belt.  Only at that point did I start to feel like I was getting beyond the newb stage.  The honest truth is that you aren't going to get that kind of flying time in to Rise of Flight these days.   The good news is that Il-2 Flying Circus is ramping up, so not all is lost.  I don't think I am out of line to tell you that you should probably invest in the IL-2 franchise, including the World War 2 titles, to learn the art of simulated air combat, simply because that is where the action is at, and then when Flying Circus starts to get some action, you can transition to that with some muliplayer time under your belt.

I recommend that you fly and learn Rise of Flight and/or Flying Circus on Full difficulty settings.. No icons, no padlock, none of that arcade game crap.  Learn to fly and develop the 3 dimensional picture of the battlespace in your head, without these crutches, and it will hold you in good stead.

RoF was my first online game, and I was pretty pissed off at getting shot down all the time and I knew I needed mentoring.  These days, I don't think I would ever be interested in joining a squadron, however I did join a squadron when I was relatively new to the game, and I'm glad that I did.  It gave me the opportunity to associate with a lot of people I never would have taken the initiative to "meet" all by myself.  I got lots and lots and lots of good advice on how to fly and I was able to become a much better pilot a lot quicker than I would have, or could have, on my own.  Joining a squadron is something for you to consider if you are serious about the game, and if you are tired of flying alone and getting your ass kicked, want to meet wingmen, and want to learn something.

#13 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:43

There are some pretty good players flying on NFF and on the Thursday / Sunday missions. Some old aces and die hard veterans. Perhaps you could be alluding to pre-announcement of FC, when the servers were sort of abandoned to the post nerfing scene. If you climb the ladder here, against the players we have now, you won't be a slouch in FC against the other veterans, this I can guarantee you. Also that you won't have time enough to climb the ladder with the players we currently have. It would take a minimum of a couple years for a newbie, and by then we will all be flying in FC, hopefully.

It is not uncommon to see good players training vertical maneuvers with Spads, S.E.5as and Dolphins (for who thinks an airquake server is just for turnfighters) at NFF. And we still have some old aces regularly showing up.

And I disagree on the icon thing. We still have the Thursday / Sunday missions without icons. We even have Arty's server with no icons and some people flying occasionally. FC will also have with a much harder spotting, so whatever people are used to now will change and people will have to adapt.

What really takes time is dogfighting skills. Then it can take years - to learn to fly some planes and understand different tactics against different planes, or to engage one or more planes or engage people flying on TS, and so on.

#14 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:10

Hey Pawgy.
All good comments here. I would add, it's really worth the effort. RoF is fantastic and has plenty of life left in it. All the skills you learn will translate to FC and other Sims too.

Might be a good idea to stick to a single plane like the Alb DVa for a while.
Don't worry so much about dogfighting, but rather how to maintain energy and positional advantage over an enemy. Perhaps 1v1 quick missions starting above enemy?

After a couple of years with this sim in MP I still can't dogfight with the good guys, but have learnt how to fly tactically, to survive, shoot effectively, maintain advantage and work with squad mates. And that's been hugely rewarding.

Look forward to seeing you up there. S!

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

Major Keith 'Grid' Caldwell, 74 Sq

#15 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:15

deleted by me

#16 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:46

You can still get plenty of flight time in RoF; and just because aids are enabled, doesn't mean you have to use them. So don't feel like you have to restrict your flight time to any one server's activity; especially if you're just looking to learn; and when you're online, talk and don't be afraid to ask questions.

That is if you even want to play online (not everybody does). If your primary aim is to have some relaxing fun offline, the main thing is to get your control scheme and your keybindings sorted out; and figure out how you're going to see around the cockpit (head/face tracking, hat switch, or mouse, or whatever). Getting these sorted out will be needed if you DO want to play online too, so spend some time and get things how you like them.

Play the game as you would like to play it:

Then just play.

#17 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:04

Edit: oh, well. Good luck and don't be discouraged.

#18 EmerlistDavjack

EmerlistDavjack

Posted 15 September 2018 - 22:51

FC will also have with a much harder spotting, so whatever people are used to now will change and people will have to adapt.

Why will the spotting be harder?

#19 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 15 September 2018 - 23:23

I don't know, but it is. It is hard for me in RoF as it is, playing on a small laptop. In FC it is even more difficult. Especially against trees.

#20 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 15 September 2018 - 23:42

I don't know, but it is. It is hard for me in RoF as it is, playing on a small laptop. In FC it is even more difficult. Especially against trees.

Especially on my iphone 10

#21 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 16 September 2018 - 00:43

It's tricky on my google watch too.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#22 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:58

Especially on my iphone 10

I play at 1366x768 on a 14-inch screen... The iPhone 10 might actually be a step up.

#23 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:55

Il-2 Great Battles has a different rendering solution and the dots are much smaller. There are several people saying that when you zoom out, the planes just disappear. You have to be using constant zoom in. I noticed that on the Lapino map, when you just don't see planes below you, but this is also because the Lapino map lacks sun glare /reflection, so planes just merge with the landscape into a sort of stealth feature. Kuban map resembles the reflection of ROF, and it is much better on this regard. I just did not test in a furball and dogfights with WWI planes because people just simply isn't there. But I imagine that, with the smaller radius of WWI combat, we should have a good feel of light and shadows.

In ROF, spotting is much easier. You can spot planes at the other side of the mud and track them with ease if they are in the mist area or above. Depending on the light, we can track them even below the horizon (requiring more target fixation). In BOX, I suppose we won't have this luxury anymore and people will have to zoom in a great deal to spot something. I feel this is not realistic, and we are back to the bubble issue (when players have a very limited field of view).

It appears that they are trying to mimic real life proportions for dots, but I think this could be only possible if everyone used monitors to mimic our eyes and field of view, and I think someone said it would require a 60"+ monitor to represent it accurately. In other words, we are using 23 to 32" monitors and seeing dots that are apparently half the size of what we would be seeing in real life.

It is something like that. There are some players at DCS and BOX with knowledge on this, some game programmers. I know nothing about it, but the monitor size has been discussed over the last years. Perhaps in the 3rd or 4th generation of VR we can have a 1=1 proportion and see things like we see in real life.

So I tend to believe that FC will have a very different game-play and people will bump into each other out of the blue.

#24 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:56

Yeah, hearing this a lot too. Planes get small real quick for me in FC.
Wondered if there's any difference in scaling between RoF and FC.

I recall someone once commenting RoF world isn't scaled 1:1.
Anyone know?

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

Major Keith 'Grid' Caldwell, 74 Sq

#25 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:03

Yeah, hearing this a lot too. Planes get small real quick for me in FC.
Wondered if there's any difference in scaling between RoF and FC.

I recall someone once commenting RoF world isn't scaled 1:1.
Anyone know?

ROF does not seem to have the same scaling of Il-2. I think it has to do with monitor size, like I said in the post above. It is a pity though, because as it is, it makes people don't want to fly missions.

In a way, the years go by and we loose features instead of gaining them. The only thing we get these days is eye candy, grass, new pilot outfits, new smoke effects, and then the crowd gets bored after a couple weeks, go look for another game and people complain that the market is small.

Go figure...

#26 EmerlistDavjack

EmerlistDavjack

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:26

Well, that makes sense.  I was just watching Phil's video on how with 1440p you see aircraft half as far as with 1080p in DCS, and I think the same thing applies. 

So, I am using a 47" Samsung TV as a monitor.  Will the lower pixel density make aircraft show up sooner for me than it will for you with 23-32" monitors?  Basically:  the game at a certain point tells the monitor "display one pixel for that distant aircraft" and if my pixels are big and fat, I will be able to see them easier?  Wouldn't I need half the zoom to see the same plane that you see as a tiny "half-pixel (compared to 1080p)" 4k dot? 

I personally don't think we will ever see anything in a game as we do in real life for a long time.  For instance, I have perfect vision, some other guy might not.  So when I play a game with "depth of field" turned on, it looks crazytown to me, because normally I see everything clearly, and then focus even more clearly, but the game treats my virtual eyes like a camera.  Mimicking the human brains' ability to focus central vision while maintaining peripheral vision in a video game is tough.  It kinda should look like a fisheye, but that would be disconcerting. 

#27 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:37

The map in Rise of Flight might not be a 1 to 1 with the real world, but I would be -very- surprised if an airplane, viewed from the same angle and distance, with exactly the same zoom factor doesn’t take up the same angular dimensions on your screen in Il-2 as in Rise of Flight. I don’t believe for a second that planes are dimensionally “smaller” in Il-2. Look at your gunsight. If you’ve got a 100 mil sight that has a diameter of 2 inches on your screen with a given zoom factor and eyepoint, and you’ve got it set up exactly the same way in both sims, the wingspan of Spad in Il-2 is going to take up exactly the same number of mils as in Rise of Flight. It will be the same size.

What I think is that when an object the size of a WW 1 aircraft is viewed against a terrain like Stalingrad-esque steppe, in the fall, it’s going to be a bit harder to pick out against the background than on something like the Summer Verdun map in Rise of Flight. In Rise of Flight, I found maps like Autumn Reims presented similar difficulties. I think you are going to have to wait until they release Western Front maps equivalent to the current Rise of Flight maps to make a definitive judgement about the perception that its fundamentally more difficult to spot things in Il-2.

#28 Tycoon

Tycoon

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:52

I recommend that you fly and learn Rise of Flight and/or Flying Circus on Full difficulty settings.. No icons, no padlock, none of that arcade game crap.  Learn to fly and develop the 3 dimensional picture of the battlespace in your head, without these crutches, and it will hold you in good stead.

I don't really agree with this, my opinion is for new guys to get as much combat as possibly quickly, if you just always fly full real you'll never find fights, always getting bounced and wasting time flying 20min to the battle zone. Using icons on while learning trakir in thick dogfights really helped me connect the dots on situational awareness.

Plenty of room at the Hotel RiseofFlight, you can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave. 

#29 EmerlistDavjack

EmerlistDavjack

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:53

There is a test you can do for this with a friend (because FC has no AI waypoint mission constructor built in AFAIK).  If anybody wants to do this test with me, vs a 1080p 47" TV screen, PM me and we can meet up on the J5 teamspeak.

The test works as below:  take a known path and see when you can spot each other.  Even if you don't know the distances like in DCS, one of us will spot the other sooner and call it out, then you fly until the second guy spots and note the difference in time.

#30 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:44

I don't really agree with this, my opinion is for new guys to get as much combat as possibly quickly, if you just always fly full real you'll never find fights, always getting bounced and wasting time flying 20min to the battle zone. Using icons on while learning trakir in thick dogfights really helped me connect the dots on situational awareness.

You're both right.  Use icons for a little while until you're not completely helpless.  But stop using them before they become a crutch.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#31 EmerlistDavjack

EmerlistDavjack

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:37

I also wrote a simple guide for setting up a do-it-yourself headtracking system.  $30 will change the way you experience flightsims!

https://riseofflight...heap-opentrack/

#32 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:12

It's not just screen size. It's screen brightness and overall quality too. Some configurations you can fiddle with. But I found out that my monitor sucks, and that's about it.

Having said that, those using a 14'' to play deserve all my solidarity.  :icon_eek: Must be very hard.

#33 Pawgy

Pawgy

Posted 16 September 2018 - 13:12

Ok. I have a very good 27"  screen. And a very clear picture.  I have a reasonable joystick (Thrustmaster T16000m) that I can use left handed. Some of my biggest probllems are that i can not seem to keep it programmed. Every time i go to the game I have to reset many of my controls. And ,yes the AI out fly me ,even when i give them the worst plane and set them to novice.  I now go to ROF when I want to kill a couple of hours ,then get completely frustrated and go back to all my old stand-by race games  or first eagles 2. This is a great forum as you folks never seem to ridicule or make fun. Thanks for all the great replies but you must be  patient with this 83 year old simmer. You can not beleive how difficult these games have become. 

#34 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 16 September 2018 - 14:26

Something doesn't sound right, you certainly shouldn't have to keep re-mapping controls. Sure you're hitting  'apply'  to each individual change.. then 'apply' again at the bottom of the 'Options' window when you're finished ? 

As to the flying, it's a tough game and if you're really just starting out it could take you a week or two before you shoot down your first plane.

If you take the Alby vs a bot Spad you should be beating it fairly quickly (that week or two), irrespective of it being set to low or ace.

Maybe your stick has a fault ?

Good luck anyway and let us know how it goes.

S!

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#35 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 16 September 2018 - 15:27

Every time i go to the game I have to reset many of my controls.

I am very careful not going around plugging in and out USB stuff. Of course I plug in and out the odd USB pen, but my stuff is always connected. Windows may reassign USB device ids when you plug them in and out, and the game knows your devices by device id. Your throttle or your external disk may become your joystick, id-wise, and everything gets screwed up.

#36 blampars

blampars

Posted 16 September 2018 - 15:49

i can not seem to keep it programmed. Every time i go to the game I have to reset many of my controls. And ,yes the AI out fly me ,even when i give them the worst plane and set them to novice. 

I am very careful not going around plugging in and out USB stuff. Of course I plug in and out the odd USB pen, but my stuff is always connected. Windows may reassign USB device ids when you plug them in and out, and the game knows your devices by device id. Your throttle or your external disk may become your joystick, id-wise, and everything gets screwed up.

This right here.  Are you plugging and unplugging your joystick all the time? This will re-assign device ID's and force you to re-do your settings.  Also, make sure when you assign your controls that you are hitting the apply button before closing the controls window.

As to being out flown, try something like this: Put 1 enemy AI in an Eindecker E.III at novice difficulty, and put yourself in to something like a Dolphin or Spad.  If you prefer to fly german, then use the Airco DH2 and put yourself in an Albatross or DVII. I think that as long as you're not flying straight and level at 1/2 throttle, there's next to no way one of those planes are going to out fly you.  Now keep running this scenario until you have your situational awareness on the aircraft and can shoot down the enemy without difficulty.

aka Donik2 (online)

#37 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 16 September 2018 - 15:51

You shouldn't have to be re-assigning commands all the time - usually, that only happens after there's an update to the game that resets things to defaults, or else Windows is reassigning controller IDs (which usually happens if you plug in new ones or unplug old ones).

If Windows is changing the controller IDs there's probably not much you can do within RoF to mitigate that (rather need to spend some time with Windows trying to figure out why that is happening).  You can help protect against update/resets by exporting/saving your controls settings from within RoF once you get them the way you want them - there are some buttons near the top right of the controller screen that lets you do that - just pick a unique/different file name when you save it.  That way, if they get reset by a game update, you can reload your custom settings from that saved file instead of having to redo them all again manually.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:  26378534688_53852d3abd_o.jpg

#38 Pawgy

Pawgy

Posted 17 September 2018 - 13:28

I do unplug and plug in both my Wheel for racing and my Joystick for flying. If they are both plugged in at once the seem to conflict. Thanks for the tips.

#39 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationNew Zealand. That little island near Aussie :)

Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:56

I do unplug and plug in both my Wheel for racing and my Joystick for flying. If they are both plugged in at once the seem to conflict. Thanks for the tips.

Same here. I actually have two sets of wheels and a joystick that I use regularly. I have an old Logitech Wingman formula Force GP that I use the pedals for makeshift rudder pedals. I know they don't follow the same principles as actual plane pedals but it's way better then Joystick twist.

I also have a Logitech G27 for iRacing, pCars 1, dirt rally and a bunch of other ones:)

But yeah, I get a few problems when I have both the joystick and the rudder pedals plugged in. Almost every time I launch the game in between plugging/unplugging the controllers I have to remap the whole lot. Generally it's just cause it sees two joystick, and it makes them up.

Its actually an Honor to get stung by a bee.

It hates you so much, that its willing to die just

to cause you a mild amount of pain.

#40 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 18 September 2018 - 15:47

If I were you, I would concentrate on fixing the conflict. Plugging and unplugging controllers is just not going to work with this game for the aforementioned reasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users