Photo
- - - - -

If I was to buy One IL-2 Game, Which Should I Get?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Odovacer

Odovacer
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:41

So, I have a promo code for use in the IL-2 store for any of the IL-2 games (I already have FC). So, I was wondering which of the IL-2 games would give me the most bang for the buck. I honestly don't know if I'll have the time to devote learning a new flight sim as RoF has just about all my free sim time (and I don't seem to be getting an less of an MP target), but I might want to take it for a spin now and then (it looks gorgeous). Sure, it's personal preference and all that, just looking for some friendly input.

#2 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 11 September 2018 - 14:34

Either Kuban or Stalingrad. Stalingrad would be best suited to MP as it straddles the other 2 and you would have the ability to play on all maps however, it is heavily discounted at sales time so you can pick it up later inexpensively.

#3 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 11 September 2018 - 15:23

I would recommend Battle of Kuban.

#4 Odovacer

Odovacer

Posted 11 September 2018 - 15:32

I will look into Kuban, thanks!

#5 Stumble

Stumble
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:08

I have Battle of Stalingrad but unfortunately, it doesn't have a Spitfire :(

I heard that the Battle of Kuban has it as a collectors plane. So when I get the funds together I need to decide between FC or Kuban haha.

Its actually an Honor to get stung by a bee.

It hates you so much, that its willing to die just

to cause you a mild amount of pain.

#6 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 12 September 2018 - 13:25

I find the Spit IX quite easy to fly, and a good transition from ww1 to ww2.

But FC first surely ;)

S!

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#7 Odovacer

Odovacer

Posted 12 September 2018 - 18:49

I find the Spit IX quite easy to fly, and a good transition from ww1 to ww2.

But FC first surely ;)

S!

I have Flying Circus! No worries there  :icon_e_biggrin: I can't fly either very well, but at least I'm in the cockpit so to speak.

#8 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:27

Battle of Stalingrad is going to give you the best “Starter pack” of planes for multiplayer.

#9 Richard.W

Richard.W
  • LocationLincolnshire. England.

Posted 10 December 2018 - 22:49

I have pretty much the same question......

I'll eventually get them all no doubt but I'd prefer to buy from the store than from Steam....(Steam forces you to buy BOS before any others)..... From what I've been reading I'm leaning strongly towards Kuban, mainly because of it's career mode for single player which is my main interest.

Something which is unclear to me is that from reading some reviews, they imply that the improvements made to the graphics, sound, gameplay, etc in Kuban are added to BOS and BOM.... Presumably direct from purchase or in the form of downloadable patches if you already have BOS and/or BOM?...Also that aircraft from one game can be used in another....Is this the case or am I reading it wrong?

It would certainly explain the pricing... I'm not complaining over cost, I'll gladly pay it but as they're all currently the same price, if I bought BOS or BOM would I be getting the improvements to quality which I'd get by buying BOK?

As I said, the big selling point to me is the career mode so Kuban is likely to get my money first anyway but I'd still like to know for future reference.

#10 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 10 December 2018 - 23:04

There's only one game, really. What you buy when you buy a "game" is map + plane set. But every update serves every one the same.

#11 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 11 December 2018 - 16:33

The same carreer mode is in BoS and BoM, check what planes you want to fly.

Now be aware if wanting to support 1c, the best way is to get it direct from 1c store, because Steam does have the 25% fee from 1c.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#12 Richard.W

Richard.W
  • LocationLincolnshire. England.

Posted 11 December 2018 - 20:30

The same carreer mode is in BoS and BoM, check what planes you want to fly.

Now be aware if wanting to support 1c, the best way is to get it direct from 1c store, because Steam does have the 25% fee from 1c.

Dutch and J2.... Many thanks to you both for the help.

I was always looking to buy from the store anyway.  :icon_e_smile: ….. Mainly to support 1c but also because Steam insist you buy BoS  first and being pressured like that just gets my back up..... Just to satisfy my own sense of a natural timeline I went with BoM first and downloaded it today. BoS will be next, then BoK…..I will buy BoB and FC at some point but not until they're sorted out and FC has it's own WWI map.  :icon_mad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users