Photo
- - - - -

Want to Use JSGME but some skin mods already installed...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Odovacer

Odovacer
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 11 September 2018 - 01:33

I realise that JSGME would work better from a clean copy of the game, but I don't want to re-install the entire game at this point. Is there a clean copy of the default skins folder out there anywhere that I can download after shuttling my skin mods to a safe place? Or does it even really matter?

#2 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 11 September 2018 - 15:32

What Skin mods? If you mean the skin packs they are not mods but official optional updates for the game. They can be loaded by JSGME if you want, But that is not the best way to load skins as it doubles the disk space required. 50GB of skins will take up 100GB of space if you use JSGME.

#3 Odovacer

Odovacer
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 11 September 2018 - 15:34

OK, I obviously don't understand how JSGME works. I suppose now that it reserves a copy of the mod and installs a copy of the mod in the game folder, therefore resulting in twice as much space?

The skins were the historical ones as available elsewhere on this forum. I think I've added the first four in the list so far(?).

#4 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 11 September 2018 - 22:12

You are exactly right. That is what JSGME does. It holds a copy of the mod in a repository. Once selected the mod is copied into the game.

The skin packs, both community and historical, are official releases from 777/1C so can be installed without worry, they will work mods on or off.. Only skins downloaded individually require running the game in mods on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users