Photo
- - - - -

Shite of Flight

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:59

and come on… selling a wip as a final product…
Man, honestly, you're not satisfied. That is obvious fact.
Probably, it's fair to say that you're robbed.

But other thoughts seems a bit not reasonable.

RoF is finished product. It was finished at 17th of March in Russia, and in June in NA. You know what you'll buy. There are harsh reviews, there are talks on forums and in community.

However, there is dilemma always: new features development or stable existing without real enhancements.
Thus ROF is WIP, new functionality/content is added constantly. Thus I don't believe it will be always stable for everyone product next several monthes.

When I talk about drivers… well, it looks like some protection of game, however it's fact. Many problems are due drivers and PC configuration, which doesn't suite for different versions. It's bad that RoF can't make configuration process more easy for player and check for driver issues, but that is as it. There significant bugs as well, known and unknown, most of them are fixed in month or two monthes period. It's rather good defect fixing time, although it's difficult to accept this fact.

If you ask me, what is the "problem number one" in RoF, my answer would be - game experience, which is not usual for simulators. Remember, how many users were not accepting XP after Win98 due new UI? It's the same. Many usual concepts were thrown away, other experimental ideas were added.
That is the biggest bug, the biggest problem, but also source of many features, which are usual for other game genres already.

RoF has it's strong and weak sides. Everyone sees own sides and own balance of these sides.
But I think, it's correct to say, that latest updates eliminated several weak sides and made simulator more solid.
But problem now is to make _game_ more solid and stable.

#42 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 10 December 2009 - 15:50

take it or leave it….just like u have a most beautiful girl in high school and she teases u but u know one day she will take u in the bed….hah

I think the thread should have ended here, because no post can ever top this.

#43 Potenz

Potenz

Posted 10 December 2009 - 17:39

That's simply what i feel about this game, until a final solution has be found.

I did my research before buy this thing, mostly from a friend who bought it before me
and he said it was really nice, when my dvd arrives and installed it i had to update it
to 1.006 or 005 i don't remember now, so since then we (me and my friend) we couldn't enjoy
the thing anymore, just ocationally with a new patch but never we been able to fly online.

what should i feel???
happiness???

and come on… selling a wip as a final product…
then don't pretend that things like this doesn't happend.

I'm honest i feel i've been robbed.

Potz

Then I'm afraid to inform you, that's not research. Having your friend tell you "yeah it's fun" is not even close to accurate research on a game.

I'm talking about professional reviews (yes, the guys on IGN and Gamespy and the like are better at game review than your friend…they draw on much more game-related knowledge). Also visiting these boards and seeing the problems people are having. I mean even a cursory glance at these boards would tell you that this is very MUCH a work in progress game. And finally, the best research of all, wait for the demo to be released and try that. Demos are almost always the best way to see if A) your system will run a game and B) if you like the game enough to buy it.

So the main lesson here is, don't trust your friends' judgments with your hard earned money. Be more thorough.
A) we are experienced simulator users.
B) i'm expert pc technician, hw and sw configuration.
C) i did my research, went to diferent sites, youtube and others, checked my system specs as always, and in nowhere said that this was a box of bugs, my friend word was the last push to waste my money on this.

I'm not a noob on simulator stuff, so please find a better way to pretend that i'm wrong.

As i said in other post, check who am i in Il-2 modding community. ;)

#44 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 10 December 2009 - 17:58

A) we are experienced simulator users.
B) i'm expert pc technician, hw and sw configuration.
C) i did my research, went to diferent sites, youtube and others, checked my system specs as always, and in nowhere said that this was a box of bugs, my friend word was the last push to waste my money on this.

I'm not a noob on simulator stuff, so please find a better way to pretend that i'm wrong.

As i said in other post, check who am i in Il-2 modding community. ;)

Appeals to your own authority don't amount to much when you claim to have been hoodwinked by something so obvious. You and I must have a different definition of the word "expert".

I do know that checking a game's forums and checking out the demo are two, pretty simple and straightforward, ways of seeing if a game is worth your money. You apparently did neither.

Pointing out a game's faults is perfectly fine and RoF definitely has a number of flaws at the moment. But claiming that you were "robbed" or "fooled" or anything along those lines…well that's really just advertising your own lack of thorough investigative methods. You were either circumspect enough to figure out that RoF is a work in progress before you bought the game or you weren't. IL-2 modding experience has little bearing on any of this if you simply neglect to try the demo before you buy.

#45 =MR.FOX=

=MR.FOX=

Posted 10 December 2009 - 18:33

Potenz, You do indeed make great additions to the Il2 modding community, and I respect your opinion. I just installed the "HG & P Uranium Edition V1 New Effects Mod 2010 " great work! as far as RoF

I believe it is a finished product. I could run in fine right out of box. and it was great! career was repetitive, but online was and is awesome. sure there are bugs with some content, and new content. but that's a given. I'm a game designer myself, and we get bug reports left and right. our products aren't incomplete, we just don't catch everything that doesn't work before release. we sure try to, but that's just not possible. So I'd cut them some slack and maybe give it some time for these bugs to be fixed before you and your mates give it a shot. I don't consider it a waste of money I fly almost every night, and have a great time! hope you will also.

- Mr.Fox

#46 Potenz

Potenz

Posted 10 December 2009 - 19:56

when i bought my copy demo wasn't a choise, cause it wasnt no demo

#47 Herodotus

Herodotus
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 December 2009 - 21:16

take it or leave it….just like u have a most beautiful girl in high school and she teases u but u know one day she will take u in the bed….hah

I think the thread should have ended here, because no post can ever top this.
Not sure, but taking it in the bed sounds awfully painful.
Yes, RoF is a Work in Progress, that's what I find exciting about it. We are involved in the continuing evolution of the game, which today is a rare exception to stringent gaming development discipline. Feedback is patiently listened to (at least we don't see the grimaces on the Dev's faces), sometimes implemented and sometimes removed if unpopular.
The majority of us use the Forum to enhance the continuing devolpment of the game, not for dissing, and is for me what makes this simulation far more dynamic than any other, including IL2.

#48 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 10 December 2009 - 23:06

Won't RoF be a WIP for quite a while? I mean, Il-2 just finished being a WIP with the v4.09 patch earlier this year. So Il-2 was a work in progress for eight years before 100% finished and modders are still going to do their job after that. RoF is a WIP, yes. I challenge you to find one game that has been released within the past five or six years that was absolutely flawless.

#49 Potenz

Potenz

Posted 10 December 2009 - 23:25

i'm no saying to anyone to think like me, i'm just expressing what i feel.

#50 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:09

That is true.

#51 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:44

Alright well I think this is probably a good place to bring the "Shite" thread to a close. If anyone has a pressing need to add something, please feel free to create a new thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users