• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Potenz

Potenz

Posted 08 December 2009 - 18:11

I exploded, trying to make this crap to work :twisted:
Next time take more time to detect bugs before release,
or get a proper beta tester team.

this is stupid, what else we have to try to make this shite works.
come on is a 2009 game, running in 2009 systems and what??? you need
to run the game under xp sp3 compatibility!!!, that's just stupid.

and where are the Neoqb guys??? since last update they dissapier and
no hearing all the complains about their low quality product. YES
LOW QUALITY, cause never works as it should be, why i want nicee graphycs
if i can't enjoy it, at least i didn't bought a plane as many did,
i already waste money on this crap, and imagine those who bought planes
and can't even fly'em around, bloody hell!
i have a whole virtual squadron
that every month has to hear me and another squad mate complain about
the newest update. and nobody is evben thinking of buy this shite,
they are just waiting for a cracked version.

So pls DO something, it seems like they are laughing out of us
for giving our money in exchange for a crap buggy LOW QUALITY product.

This is my last post until new 30th.

Hope next one have to say something better and nicer.

Potz

#2 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 December 2009 - 18:35

Please calm down. I think your post is a bit unspecific.

#3 GBrutus

GBrutus

Posted 08 December 2009 - 18:55

It's amazing how fast some people throw their toys out the pram…

#4 Kwiatek

Kwiatek

Posted 08 December 2009 - 19:42

I think that they guy has unfortunately some right.

It takes near 5 months after relase these game and still we have unfinished product. Still we have many stability problems, connections error, simple bugs with interface. We have to wait near half year to get joyistick curves and possibility to change side in online server without exit it.

Actual patch 1.009 bring as always new bugs and stability problems. Worse graphic ( more shimmering), graphic artefacts, more lags in servers. How long we have to wait for finished and stable product? I see many people ( some my mates) really quit these game wasting their money because of these stupid problems and interface. Their patience exceeded border. I wonder if developers dont see it? Or these game engine is such bad and buggy from the begining that they cant do it better?

#5 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 08 December 2009 - 19:45

take it or leave it….just like u have a most beautiful girl in high school and she teases u but u know one day she will take u in the bed….hah

#6 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 08 December 2009 - 22:05

I think that they guy has unfortunately some right.

It takes near 5 months after relase these game and still we have unfinished product. Still we have many stability problems, connections error, simple bugs with interface. We have to wait near half year to get joyistick curves and possibility to change side in online server without exit it.

Actual patch 1.009 bring as always new bugs and stability problems. Worse graphic ( more shimmering), graphic artefacts, more lags in servers. How long we have to wait for finished and stable product? I see many people ( some my mates) really quit these game wasting their money because of these stupid problems and interface. Their patience exceeded border. I wonder if developers dont see it? Or these game engine is such bad and buggy from the begining that they cant do it better?

Yes I quote - avoiding polemic tones of Potenz - 1.009 give us new bugs:
-Multi is now unreliable because of tremendous lag;
-Careers in the best way stops at about 30 missions for inexplicable reasons (new winter is unreachable)
What we should do? Forever free flights?

The think make me most worry is that the ingame is fantastic! Ok few adjustments to do but this one is the best simulation I see till now (and I'm playing sims since BOB and SWOTL).

Also I think the causes of main problems are of simple solution - correcting GUI and behavior of careers and multi problems is - I think - simpler than add a new winter texture.

At this point IMHO I can say 1.008 was better than 1.009 - to finish - and this again is a personal opinion - we lost custom skins too!! A fundamental aspect of WWI

Hope they will give us a feedback soon because I believe in this sim

#7 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 08 December 2009 - 22:10

Take a deep breath. Inhale…exhale… ;)

#8 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 08 December 2009 - 23:13

J5_Hellbender

#9 Briggstone

Briggstone

Posted 09 December 2009 - 00:13

Thanks for the meds! Tasted good. I am calm now. So I will post:

Still we have many stability problems, connections error, simple bugs with interface. […] Actual patch 1.009 bring as always new bugs and stability problems. […] I see many people ( some my mates) really quit these game wasting their money because of these […] problems and interface. Their patience exceeded border. […]

So did mine. :!: Well spoken!

Once I was angry. But now I am cool. 8-) Thanks for the meds!

#10 Potenz

Potenz

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:03

I'm just saying the awful truth 8-)

#11 Potenz

Potenz

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:05

#12 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:13

There are different ways to say awful truth, e.g. without developers insulting.

#13 Potenz

Potenz

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:52

mmmmm… there's no swer-word in that post ;) sarcasm, isn't insulting ;)

#14 Butch_Nackley

Butch_Nackley

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:57

Proof positive, Quaaludes should never have been taken out of production.
:lol:

#15 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:00

You can insult without using swear words. In fact, most truly potent insults don't even use swears. Swearing incessantly is the mark of a decidedly unthoughtful person.

Your frustration is noted (and shared by many, I'm sure). But assuming you did any amount of research before purchasing, you would have discovered that this is very much a "work in progress" game. As such, you bought into everything that means, including the painful growing pains of the patching process.

If you bought this WITHOUT doing research, then what you also bought is a lesson on how to be a better informed consumer.

#16 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:01

My dictionary says "shit" (shite in Britain) is rude/swear-word.
I don't care what you're writing, as I'm not insulted and I'm not developer of current versions, but not everybody is such calm as me at mornings.

BTW:
you need to run the game under xp sp3 compatibility!!!, that's just stupid.
it's incorrect. On my PC it works without compatibility modes.
Installer is other case, as it was produced before Win7 release (even before RTM release) and it was said it'll be rebuilt later.

and nobody is evben thinking of buy this shite, they are just waiting for a cracked version.
so, cracked shit is not shit already? Interesting idea, but whole post looks like bombast due it.

Hm, my local date is 9th of December.
Every day somebody breaks promises, however neoqb tries not promise anything, if it's easily possible to break promise.
So, what is my point? There is no point, only facts :)

You know, there are many complaints on forum about crashes in 1.009 now (there were complaints after 1.008, 1.007, 1.006, etc also). However, as usual, question is - is it really 1.009 or any drivers are reasons for CTDs (there are already several examples that show driver culprits, and experience on base of earlier versions releases tells me that after two weeks most - but may be not all - of problems will be solved by drivers tuning). Some people search for answer, but they forget, that official support is via rof@neoqb.com, although answer may be found on forum also.

#17 athlondude

athlondude

Posted 09 December 2009 - 04:47

My dictionary says "shit" (shite in Britain) is rude/swear-word.
I don't care what you're writing, as I'm not insulted and I'm not developer of current versions, but not everybody is such calm as me at mornings.

BTW:
you need to run the game under xp sp3 compatibility!!!, that's just stupid.
it's incorrect. On my PC it works without compatibility modes.
Installer is other case, as it was produced before Win7 release (even before RTM release) and it was said it'll be rebuilt later.

and nobody is evben thinking of buy this shite, they are just waiting for a cracked version.
so, cracked shit is not shit already? Interesting idea, but whole post looks like bombast due it.

Hm, my local date is 9th of December.
Every day somebody breaks promises, however neoqb tries not promise anything, if it's easily possible to break promise.
So, what is my point? There is no point, only facts :)

You know, there are many complaints on forum about crashes in 1.009 now (there were complaints after 1.008, 1.007, 1.006, etc also). However, as usual, question is - is it really 1.009 or any drivers are reasons for CTDs (there are already several examples that show driver culprits, and experience on base of earlier versions releases tells me that after two weeks most - but may be not all - of problems will be solved by drivers tuning). Some people search for answer, but they forget, that official support is via rof@neoqb.com, although answer may be found on forum also.

While true there may indeed be some things that are fixable with driver tweaks and the like, I doubt, very seriously doubt that ALL of the problems that popped up are a attributed to this. Lets face it, if I was playing ROF with no issues the day before the new patch released, and then updated it the next day and now all of a sudden I start having all these problems, then the most likely cause would be the patch. When you take into account how many people on this forum are complaining about the same issues after the 1.009 release, I can't agree that this is an end user problem, rather than something that the update broke.

Don't get me wrong I am not endorsing the guys attitude in this post, but I do share his frustration. I have to agree, that getting some new testers may help, I mean with all do respect to the devs there are some pretty obvious bugs in this update that should have been caught before release. I feel like patch 1.008 was a huge step forward, and then patch 1.009 was a huge step back. I do applaud NEOQBs efforts, and I am very appreciative of your communication and keeping us informed.

Also please understand how frustrating it is for us as we all feel trapped in that we have paid money for a game that requires us to have a good steady internet connection at all times. We have no choice but to download all updates with no option of rolling back to a previous update, and if that update causes connection issues then we are stuck, we can't play. Now tell me, how fair is that? The bottom line is if NEOQB is going to continue to require a steady internet connection, and us to install every update no matter what, then they need to improve their efforts, because when we can't stay connected because of an update that they put out that is not our fault and we are cheated.

#18 TheBlackPenguin

TheBlackPenguin

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:08

Maybe not a huge step back, but rather maybe too much too soon perhaps? Seemed to be a rather large patch with a lot in it.

Matt

#19 athlondude

athlondude

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:20

Maybe not a huge step back, but rather maybe too much too soon perhaps? Seemed to be a rather large patch with a lot in it.

Matt

It definitely felt like it needed more testing.

#20 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:00

Stupid post, those tablets wouldn't calm anyone unless they have polymorphism of the rdh4 gene "add/ADHD"

#21 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:21

Hi,
Maybe there were not enough testing…maybe it was enough tested. We'll never know.
I'm surely not as good in computing as Athlondude, but my thinking is that there are so many different computers, and settings, and graphic cards, it is inevitable the game can't work for everybody the same way.
And also it's not a basic game. I think it needs unfortunatly latest performance in computing.
It's an utopian view, but if everybody could buy the same machine as i just bought, we couldn't read any problem for running ROF anymore.
This way, i cannot agree with you. 1.009 is a big step forward. And i'am sure there will be others. We have to be patient ;)
And i'm really sorry for all the fans having big trouble with ROF.
Regards

#22 Butch_Nackley

Butch_Nackley

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:27

Maybe none of them had the troubles you guys are having. I'm not and I guess a lot of other are not either. If you look at the posting, it is only a few of you guys having problems. It doesn't seem that the most of us are having problems. For me this update has been nothing but fantastic. The stuttering I had is completely gone. Mine were minor, other than tank battles, but now I have none. I haven't been over tanks since the patch, and I very well may take a hit once I am. But I am not getting them during a mission like I was last week.

I'm sorry you guys are having issues, and I don't know what to suggest you try. I can say the patch worked great here and many others are also reporting good results. I don't know, pc's are strange. One driver works great for one system and crashes another. You just never know.

#23 Butch_Nackley

Butch_Nackley

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:31

Fifi1. Man that's just scary. I swear, I didn't see your post before I posted. I was typing mine while you posted yours. But we both said pretty much the same thing.

#24 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:10

:lol: At least i'm not the only one thinking this…

#25 athlondude

athlondude

Posted 09 December 2009 - 15:07

LOL, ok let me reprase my previous comments. Your probably right 1.009 is not a huge step back in that the concept behind it, the actual stuff in the patch and what they were attempting to do was a step forward. However while I agree there may be somethings that are driver related there are other things going on that I don't believe are. The biggest issue for me right now is the connection issue, I never had any problems with the connection until the patch, now I am getting the connection to master server lost error. Since my drivers are up to date, and nothing has changed except ROF how can it be anything else? But as I have said in other posts, I do appreciate their hard work, and once they get the kinks worked out it will be a good thing.

#26 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 09 December 2009 - 15:42

You have no idea how much testing was involved…but I understand what you meant. :|

#27 Da_Hunn

Da_Hunn

Posted 09 December 2009 - 15:44

Cry Baby :cry:

#28 Gimpy117

Gimpy117

Posted 09 December 2009 - 16:17

I Think Boxxy will clear this up.
besides the last thing this fourm needs is another "the game sucks i hate you neoqb thread"

#29 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 09 December 2009 - 16:35

I Think Boxxy will clear this up.
besides the last thing this fourm needs is another "the game sucks i hate you neoqb thread"

I think I'm glad I don't know who the hell Boxxy is :lol:

The man is entitled to his opinion. And really, compared to almost all other game forums, this one has WAY more supporters than detractors. Even the people adding criticisms are usually just posting out of a desire to truly help improve the game. Rare does the aforementioned "troll" pop up, which in this day and age, is an amazing thing.

#30 Butch_Nackley

Butch_Nackley

Posted 09 December 2009 - 18:32

And really, compared to almost all other game forums, this one has WAY more supporters than detractors.
Man, you sure got that one right. Anyone ever been to the Fallout3 or Oblivion forums. It's a flying circus over there and it ain't aeroplanes that are flying.

#31 athlondude

athlondude

Posted 09 December 2009 - 19:27

You have no idea how much testing was involved…but I understand what you meant. :|

I can imagine, and please dont get me wrong, I am in no way trying to say that the testers were not doing their job, believe me when I say I meant no offense. I think the testers were very busy, and did their job to the best of their ability.

#32 DummyBoy

DummyBoy

Posted 09 December 2009 - 19:39

Salute!

Unfortunately the "normal" people didn't have any idea, how hard to test a simple SW or HW … especially when it's popular … (And ROF is not a "simple" SW …)

I'm working in an electrical factory … I'm a tech support guy, responsibe for some testing equipment …

If somebody come to me and say "This tester is shit!" … My answer always like this: "Than eat it!" - It"s not an information for me.

Saying: "This shit is always frozing …" etc. won't help a lot for the testers and developers …

We (Players) have a lot of different HW and SW environment. For example: Neoqb has 10-100 beta-tester and if they didn't find any problem they releasing a patch …
After other 1000-10000-… people try it … and some of them are finding new bugs, they reporting those …

But saying: "It's freezing …" not a very accurate report :)

After the patch, our small community is found some strange things too, like others …
But we are trying to find how we can enjoy this grat game until the neoqb guys fixing it!

Releasing the patches monthly is not so common in the games world …

So, it will be better than we can help something to fix this issue, not olyas crying than "Ohh … this is blabla".

It will be great, than we can help somehow to discover and report bugs to the developers correctly, but I think patience can be the first step :)

Br,

Dummy

#33 sallee

sallee

Posted 09 December 2009 - 21:49

Just from a stylistic point of view, I think "Rise of Shite" would have been better than "Shite of Flight". I don't know if anyone has any other observations.

#34 Gimpy117

Gimpy117

Posted 10 December 2009 - 00:31

I'm tired of all the complaining. I think the name of this thread is a bit much and the rant is beating an already dead horse.

#35 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 10 December 2009 - 00:54

I'm tired of all the complaining. I think the name of this thread is a bit much and the rant is beating an already dead horse.

Again, people are entitled to post their opinions. If you don't like seeing people complain about the game, don't keep coming back to this thread, Gimpy.

#36 Gimpy117

Gimpy117

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:18

Again, people are entitled to post their opinions. If you don't like seeing people complain about the game, don't keep coming back to this thread, Gimpy.

I know, I just think there's a difference between saying "I dislike the current gameplay" and naming you're thread "Shite of flight".

#37 Potenz

Potenz

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:18

That's simply what i feel about this game, until a final solution has be found.

I did my research before buy this thing, mostly from a friend who bought it before me
and he said it was really nice, when my dvd arrives and installed it i had to update it
to 1.006 or 005 i don't remember now, so since then we (me and my friend) we couldn't enjoy
the thing anymore, just ocationally with a new patch but never we been able to fly online.

what should i feel???
happiness???

and come on… selling a wip as a final product…
then don't pretend that things like this doesn't happend.

I'm honest i feel i've been robbed.

Potz

#38 GazzaV.Gazza

GazzaV.Gazza

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:43

I think the scariest thing about this game is how it affects (or works with/dont' work with) so many different computers.

Some guys get this bug, others get that bug. Some have flawless performance, and some can't play at all. Some people have problems that happen rarely, some have problems that happen repeatedly. Moreover it's different with every patch. I fear what the next patch will bring as much as I look forward to what the next patch will bring.

BUT, I have to admit that the thread title 'Shite of Flight' gives the me the giggles.

#39 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:17

That's simply what i feel about this game, until a final solution has be found.

I did my research before buy this thing, mostly from a friend who bought it before me
and he said it was really nice, when my dvd arrives and installed it i had to update it
to 1.006 or 005 i don't remember now, so since then we (me and my friend) we couldn't enjoy
the thing anymore, just ocationally with a new patch but never we been able to fly online.

what should i feel???
happiness???

and come on… selling a wip as a final product…
then don't pretend that things like this doesn't happend.

I'm honest i feel i've been robbed.

Potz

Then I'm afraid to inform you, that's not research. Having your friend tell you "yeah it's fun" is not even close to accurate research on a game.

I'm talking about professional reviews (yes, the guys on IGN and Gamespy and the like are better at game review than your friend…they draw on much more game-related knowledge). Also visiting these boards and seeing the problems people are having. I mean even a cursory glance at these boards would tell you that this is very MUCH a work in progress game. And finally, the best research of all, wait for the demo to be released and try that. Demos are almost always the best way to see if A) your system will run a game and B) if you like the game enough to buy it.

So the main lesson here is, don't trust your friends' judgments with your hard earned money. Be more thorough.

#40 =69.GIAP=BOOS

=69.GIAP=BOOS

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:11

Just from a stylistic point of view, I think "Rise of Shite" would have been better than "Shite of Flight". I don't know if anyone has any other observations.

I needed that laugh, thanks! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users