Photo
- - - - -

DrI with the latest german technology in WWI

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MilesDei

MilesDei

Posted 08 December 2009 - 17:19

In 1918 germans introduced the reflector gun sight and here you have a photo of one in a DrI. You can note it is also equiped with a back mirrorattached to the right machinegun.

Here you have another photo of a DrI with back mirror this time is attached to the right top wing support near the head of the pilot. Also note that the anemometer is on the opposite side that in the game is.

I think it would be interesting to have an improved version of the DrI with back mirrors and sights as theese.

Font: Fokker Triplane. Wind-sock Datafile 5. Albatro Productions Ltd. 1987

Salute!

#2 Butch_Nackley

Butch_Nackley

Posted 08 December 2009 - 21:19

Hi

I believe that second picture is a mirror image.

#3 MilesDei

MilesDei

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:59

Yes, you look at the machineguns and it seems mirrowed. I see now. Then we have the posibility of a left side back mirror on the top wing support or a right side back mirror on the right machinegun.

#4 MilesDei

MilesDei

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:49

I just see the back mirror on the left machinegun too just in the plane of Manfred Von Richtoffen. You can see on this film on youtube. Time 0:11 and forward.

http://www.youtube.c...layer_embedded#"> … _embedded#

Please put the back mirror. If the Red Baron used it why we not?

#5 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 09 December 2009 - 12:20

I just see the back mirror on the left machinegun too just in the plane of Manfred Von Richtoffen. You can see on this film on youtube. Time 0:11 and forward.

http://www.youtube.c...layer_embedded#"> … _embedded#

Please put the back mirror. If the Red Baron used it why we not?

Mirrors are frame-rate killers.

#6 MilesDei

MilesDei

Posted 09 December 2009 - 13:44

Always must have the option of put it off. But I think is implementable without much loss in this engine. The masters have the word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users