- - - - -

Can't login, new player

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OhNoThatsMyWing

OhNoThatsMyWing

Posted 02 September 2018 - 23:27

Hello, I've always wanted to start playing RoF but never got around to it
I've downloaded it, it starts fine, I make an account, activate it, but when I go to login it says "Wrong e-mail or password"
I've made sure a good bit of times I'm typing it correctly, but it doesn't work. It also says at the bottom "This game copy does not contain any stored e-mail and password..."

I'd appreciate some help to play this fine game!

Cheers

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:15

I've downloaded it, it starts fine, I make an account, activate it, but when I go to login it says "Wrong e-mail or password"
I've made sure a good bit of times I'm typing it correctly, but it doesn't work. It also says at the bottom "This game copy does not contain any stored e-mail and password..."

Cheers

Without seeing a screenshot of what you're seeing I can't tell for sure what's going on with the wrong e-mail/password message, but as to the second part I suspect that you've simply fallen victim to a longstanding, very poorly worded warning message.  All that second part is saying is that the game's startup.cfg file doesn't yet have your login info stored in it (which it will do once you have successfully logged in the first time).

What happens when you try logging in (online) using the same email/password that you use to get on this forum?  If that doesn't work, try posting a screenshot of any error message you're getting and maybe that will shed some light on what's going wrong.

Good luck!

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#3 Furias

Furias

Posted 17 September 2018 - 18:57

Hello, I have the  same problem: I can not connect the game in online mode. However I can connect in offline mode using the same password. I changed my password but didnt work.  Can you help me ? Thank you.

Attached Files

#4 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 17 September 2018 - 19:55

Steam account and/or free to use player?
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#5 blampars

blampars

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:50

When you open RoF, are you opening to the RoF Settings screen? See attachment.  If not - you may want to open that up, click the update button and once that's done, try signing in again.

A few weeks ago I ran in to the exact same thing, where I couldn't log in even after resetting my password.  Turns out there was some small update that needed to be downloaded and applied.

Give it a shot.

edit: attachment did not attach. meh. here's link: https://i.imgur.com/Yf7ZJsc.png

aka Donik2 (online)

#6 Furias

Furias

Posted 18 September 2018 - 14:18

Hi

my count is free to use player.

I check the update and  i can connect  now.

many thanks :)

#7 rocky700

rocky700

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:26

I have gone through another issue regarding the game. I have also faced the issue while login but after that, the game used to run properly. But after few times my screen is going blank and only blue screen is appearing. It is showing ERROR CODE 0XC0000428 on the screen and I need to fix that. Is there any virus in the game?

#8 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:15

No virus.

#9 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 21 January 2019 - 18:10

Nothing to do with the game. Based on a Google search you may want to try this: https://answers.micr...01-9f0bb43248b7

P.S.: hover the mouse over the link and notice it is from microsoft.com and so hopefully is safe.

#10 Destroyer10

Destroyer10

Posted 23 January 2019 - 00:36

Hello  also have the same problem is this because of server mmaintenance? the no stored alert sign is always popping up and im new too free to use player. pls help

#11 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:23

Hello  also have the same problem is this because of server mmaintenance? the no stored alert sign is always popping up and im new too free to use player. pls help

Have you made sure that you have checked the box to "save password" below where you type your login info?  IIRC, unless you do that the game won't save your login info into your startup.cfg file and it will pop up that message about not having stored login info.  Check your startup.cfg file (located in Rise of Flight\data folder) and make sure that it has your login info between the quotation marks in the very top section of the file (see below):

[KEY = account]
login = ""
password = ""

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#12 Stormwatch

Stormwatch

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:53

Cheers

Beginner's Solution

I downloaded the game and while it was installing I created an account at their website. 

It installed easily, but then wouldn't let me 'login online' when I entered my credentials.

so I waited awhile in case their server needed to catch up. Still wouldn't.

Came to the forums and quickly found this post. 

The 'Update' (on the startup screen) suggestion did the trick. After a completely fresh installation it still needed

to download 14 more files ranging from 443Mb to 864Mb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users