Photo
- - - - -

Spad 13 rudder controls: push right to go???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SeaOfDreams

SeaOfDreams

Posted 26 August 2018 - 13:12

When I look in the cockpit and move the throttle (Saitek  X52, about 4 years old) Fwd or Rev, the cockpit throttle, ditto. Same for the joystick. But when I turn the Saitek left (rudder), the Spad turns left, but I see the R rudder pushed. I expected to see the left rudder pedal pushed. To me, left rudder push = left rudder = tail swings right = left turn...

~R~

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:36

Is it because you are looking backwards? ;)

#3 SeaOfDreams

SeaOfDreams

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:36

I experimented with this more...I came to the conclusion that it was my interpretation in 3D of the pedal movement in 2D. I now think that they /are/ moving correctly, and what I was 'seeing' as 'pushed down' is actually 'pushed' forward. Even now, when I occasionally look at them, I visually flip-flop. I'm sure that it will settle out correctly in short order. And the plane /does/ respond as expected. Thanks much for commenting.

#4 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 27 August 2018 - 14:01

Anyway if at any time you find your control working opposite of what you expect there should be an "Invert axis" option available to take care of that. "Responses" menu IIRC.

#5 SeaOfDreams

SeaOfDreams

Posted 31 August 2018 - 15:08

Yep...already had done the invert axis thing, but the 'problem' was that I was 'seeing' the rudder sink on the right, which I interpreted as being 'pushed', and having the plane turn left. Now I interpret the image as the pedal is coming toward me, not moving down, meaning that the left rudder is pushed, and sure enough, the plane yaws or turns left, depending on other control surfaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users