- - - - -

Vintage Mission Sunday Aug.26 - Somme Bombing Offensive 1918

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:30

Greetings gentlemen and S!

This Sunday's VM will see us over the Somme region of France, late in 1918.  The mission is a total all out bombing offensive, no recon flights needed.  The targets are harder than on typical maps and require larger bombs and more aircraft to destroy.  There are 2000m airstart Gotha and HP bombers so group up with your fighters and work together.  Target details are provided on the in game map by hovering over the flag with your mouse. 

Both Allied and Central Squadrons are ordered to: (1) Destroy all enemy targets marked on the map; (2) Fly offensive patrols over enemy lines to intercept enemy aircraft.

Description: Both AI and human flown bombers will have to destroy important targets for the upcoming final offensive. The more targets they can destroy, the better they will be prepared for the following battle. The first side that destroys all targets will have won this "bomber offensive".

Weather:  We will attempt to match current real world conditions at the map location.

Good luck all pilots and observers S!

#2 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 25 August 2018 - 17:19

In a vain attempt to counter the statistics on which side usually wins these jousts, I invite all those wishing to fly Central to coordinate their actions on Jasta 2 Boelcke TeamSpeak server (ts3rof.flying-barans.ru:7777), or suggest an alternative here. Bring your hopes and tears.

#3 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 25 August 2018 - 23:07

In a vain attempt to counter the statistics on which side usually wins these jousts, I invite all those wishing to fly Central to coordinate their actions on Jasta 2 Boelcke TeamSpeak server (ts3rof.flying-barans.ru:7777), or suggest an alternative here. Bring your hopes and tears.

lol, thx Bidu!  I have also limited the Breguets for the Entente side.  She carries so many bombs that a few of us could group up and knock out half the map in one sortie.  So, it's going to be a Gotha / HP bomber festival, which is what I think the spirit of this map was supposed to be.  See you gentlemen up there S!

#4 passao

passao

Posted 29 August 2018 - 17:18

The proposal from Bidu was a success with no doubt. The coordination was great and objetives achieved.

This demostrate what collaboration is and could be.

I enjoyed a lot flying in a group, next time I will repeat for sure

#5 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 29 August 2018 - 22:42

Thanks, passao! I did post it but the original idea was Mitra's. Let's do it regularly, it was a lot of fun indeed!

And thanks again to Cuban and Steve for keeping the heart pumping!

#6 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:15

Indeed gentlemen, it was a great fight all day long!  Looking forward to seeing you all over the water this Sunday :)

#7 mitragliatore71

mitragliatore71
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:54

Fingers crossed!

Touch the family jewels!
Love is blind, misfortune sees us very well !

#8 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 31 August 2018 - 21:12

Fingers crossed!

Touch the family jewels!
Love is blind, misfortune sees us very well !

Lol! It's going to be fun :)

#9 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:01

It's a'coming!  :icon_mad:

#10 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 02 September 2018 - 14:02

Just a quick note...

When I joined the server this morning to test I found that it took quite some time to get the fields to show up on the map. (That is AFTER the loading screen and map has already come up) I tried it several times and each time it took between 1 and 1:04 minutes before I even got the "J5_Gamecock has joined server" message. I asked J2_Raker if he had this issue as well, he said that he did.

If not aware, you might think the game isn't loading and exit,(I did). Make sure you give it time before giving up.

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#11 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 02 September 2018 - 14:28

Just a quick note...

When I joined the server this morning to test I found that it took quite some time to get the fields to show up on the map. (That is AFTER the loading screen and map has already come up) I tried it several times and each time it took between 1 and 1:04 minutes before I even got the "J5_Gamecock has joined server" message. I asked J2_Raker if he had this issue as well, he said that he did.

If not aware, you might think the game isn't loading and exit,(I did). Make sure you give it time before giving up.

Yep, I've had the same thing each time I connect as well.  Thanks for posting Gamecock, see you up there!

#12 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:21

It would take a fair bit of time to load the mission as the mission file is quite large in comparison to the usual maps we run. Also "Mods On" does have an impact too. The end result is is a long load time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users